Reviews for Their One Hundred and Seventy Five Days
imaginativefig chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
All the feels. :'( Great job on this!
Coins Compressed chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
Allow me to exchange a story for yours!

I haven't been in the Scrubs fandom for just under three years, but when I was, I used to love trawling the archives here for good fanfiction. At the time, I used to get through two or three stories a day, depending on how much spare time I had and how long the fics in question were. I can hardly remember the names of the fanfictions I read, and I can't remember what they were about either. It was three years ago, after all, and I didn't have a fanfiction account to add favourites to, so I didn't keep track of the ones I liked.

Over time, I found new fandoms and got bored of Scrubs, and stopped reading fanfictions for it. But one story in particular stuck with me. It was about the Janitor meeting a little terminally ill girl, and it made me cry... Perhaps the plot sounds familiar to you? I couldn't remember if I'd found it on Livejournal, if I'd found it on ffnet, etc. I forgot the name and website, but the plot stayed with me because it was so well-written and made me feel more emotional than a fanfic ever had before.

What I'm trying to say is, I read this three years ago, and, by pure chance, I stumbled upon it again today. Here is the review I should have given you back then. This fic is just as brilliant as I remember it being, and it's just as heartwarming. It shows a real human side to the Janitor; it really would fit perfectly with Scrubs canon, and Shirley is absolutely lovely. I found myself really invested in her plight, rooting for her to beat her ailment, and when she didn't, I was heartbroken all over again.

It's probably silly for a fanfiction to have had as much impact on me as this one has, but kudos. It's a lovely story and I'm so happy to have found it again. Instant favourite!
Nautical Acronym chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Very sad and very real. When Shirley said, "I'm not going to win this." I cried quite a bit.

I thoroughly enjoyed this fic and hope that it gets more reviews in the future. It really deserves them.

*adds to fave*

Have a good one!
Ijustwanttoread chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
This was so sad, but so great at the same time. Thank you for posting.
londongrammar chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Oh God, I'm actually crying as I'm writing this, it was so tragicly wonderful. The Janitor was so nice. Utterly brilliant.

-The girl with the ink-heart
funkypartyweasel chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
This is so good! I've said before, I love it when the Janitor is shown not to be a heartless bastard, and it was really well done here! :) Shirley is such a great character; it made it even sadder when she passed away, since all her interactions with the Janitor were fantastic. And the ending was brilliant too, because I love it even more when it's JD the Janitor is showing some decency or sympathy towards.
andaere chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
God, you made me cry! Or at least tear up. I wasn't expecting this to be so sad... :( I love the idea of the 175 days. And the whole plotline, of the Janitor bonding with a young cancer patient, how she seems to make him more human, everything... it's so cute, and beautiful. You always amaze me with how you can create stories from just one line in some random episode of Scrubs. I loved the ending, especially, when the Janitor gains some kind of empathy with JD.

Overall, a great story, and a very moving tribute to your grandmother.
littlelostsecert chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
moved to tears. it's very heartfelt.A new light is shinned apon the janitor.

in loving memory of all lost to cancer

lls
Bubble Wrapped Kitty chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
Awh that was so beautiful! I'm actually crying (and getting really weird looks because of it, lol) but that was just so touching. I love seeing the Janitor have a more human side. And I'm sure your grandma would be really touched by such a sweet dedication.

Artemis
CheetahLiv chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
Oh my god, that was breathtaking. I'm absolutely speechless and practically moved to tears. Well done.
Janitoria chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Beautiful, beautiful story! Made me cry. So great to actually see the Janitor care for someone.

Very well written, thank you so much!

I just love the Janitor! :)
Expecting Rain chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
That was very sad! I think you got the Janitor's voice down perfectly. My favorite part was when he wonders how many times JD has gone through the same thing.
MostlyScrubbed chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
Congratulations Bells. That was the first fic to ever make me cry. So beautiful, a very nice story.

And my condolences for your grandmother. This was a lovely tribute.
HotCrossPigeon chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
Beautifully written, and definitely tear-jerking. Thanks for writing this.
LittleBiscuit chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
Beautiful story :) Look at that, the janitor has a heart.

I like how you ended it, with the Janitor acknowledging the fact that people like JD have to deal with these kind of situations all the time.

Very nicely done, thanks for writing!