Reviews for A long journey
JOH1 chapter 1 . 10/17
Interesting series, I'm a bit surprised at my feelings here!
I think she should be ashamed of what kind of mother she had been, and still was. What kind of mother hurts her child like that, putting his life in danger and threatening him by withholding her love and support? Even desperate, I would protect my children above all. And how could Spock know Sarek was proud of him if his father always found his behavior wanting? She makes quite a few assumptions.
HeronS chapter 1 . 3/2
Beautiful! Thank you so much for this. I like the notion of Amanda admitting to chosing Sarek first, always, it makes the dynamic much more interesting.
Starsmith chapter 1 . 1/19
This was as dark as it is promised!

While this is an alternate timeline, I imagine the characterization is consistent and the difference between Amanda in that story and in "A Long Journey" are astounding. In the latter, Amanda says that after being angry at him, she would loved him still whereas in "Of Seconds," it seems she pretty clearly does not. Was she then wrong about what her own reaction would be? And also - while it could have been desperation talking - how could she risk Spock's life to save Sarek's? Even if she didn't know the full extent of the risks, she must have known there were some. And "A Long Journey" makes it seem like this is consistent to her character in this interpretation throughout all of the stories - while she may advocate for Spock, love him, and even defy Sarek in some things on his behalf, she loves Sarek first and most. Does the marriage bond really make this imperative?

Back again to “Of Seconds,” Amanda’s reaction angers me in general (mark of good storytelling). How can she be upset over Spock upholding the values she and Sarek instilled in him? Especially in light of the stories of his upbringing – he learned from earliest childhood that duty comes before family. Orders came, they went off, and he was dropped off at boarding school. My reaction is kind of “you made that bed, now you get to sleep in it.” And I was also really incensed at her trivializing Spock’s relation with Kirk – maybe Sarek was her spouse, but Spock did not really have many people either and I would imagine Kirk is first among them at this point in his life. Spock certainly didn’t have parents or any friends at all for two decades.

Thanks again to the author! chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
Another completed story and one I love dearly.
GWBear chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
Very good.

You really need a way to enter define and track your stories. It's all one big long list of large and small STOS stories, in no real order. the organization makes no sense. Lots of stuff about "holos..." As a story category... What's a holo?

Grouping of related tracks need to be defined. Each track needs to be listed with the direct elements clearly indicated.

This is rather important: your stories are some of the best and most involved on all of Fanfiction, and the number if stories per track denser/more numerous than most. Yet, I have not read as much as it's just too hard to determine true order, and all the tributaries relating. So far, in all the writers I read, yours is the only ones who's story pike is too complex to sort with absolute certainty on the order... You need a true tracker page! :-)

WeirdLittleStories chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
That was lovely. Thank you!
SrMacrina chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
I keep re-reading to S/S/A stories - the characters yo u have developed from the originals have such depth and believability within their world. I check frequently for updates and re-read. What better review can there be?
kyoko12989 chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
I really enjoy reading your work.
aurado chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
I re-read this story after many months. I always find it so beautiful, so meaningful.
Thank you for everything.
I regret you haven't been on fanfiction recently.
Have a good day.
LettieM chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
What a beautiful story. I can well imagine this scene taking place in "Journey to Babel" exactly as you've written it. Exquisite writing, heart-wrenching and heart-warming at the same time. I loved it.
Lori Jean chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
Hello I just finished all the Holo stories and plus the others on your web site,regarding Star trek. How much I really relished every word. I just loved it all. Thank you so much for so much beautiful effort. I can't be much of a critic when I enjoyed myself so much. Thank you.
VickyFromGreece chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
S: "It is only by loving what is Vulcan in him, even when it goes against all human standards, that you can love that when you find it in me."

A: "And in loving what is human in me, your father can love it in you."

Honestly, this story left me speachless. Your ability to portray this family is astonishing! One of the best stories I've ever read. And they could add that scene in the original JTB episode.
sky76 chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Absolutely stunning and to the point. Thank you for this story.
fanficfan71 chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
Very well written, thank you. Poor Spock, he certainly hasn't had an easy life.
spockfan chapter 1 . 7/15/2009