Reviews for The Life and Times
ThanksHerman chapter 34 . 7/24/2012
For the sake of my sanity, pleaseeee finish this story! Otherwise, I might end up at St. Mungo's.
LayRay chapter 34 . 7/24/2012
So I just found this story (well 'just' being quite a few weeks now) but I am finally all caught up (which is actually quite sad, I miss seeing that next button). Anyway I love the story. Also the whole "why would their be a murderer in the boy's dormitories" made me laugh. I see what you did there )
kerreb7 chapter 34 . 7/24/2012
Yay loved it you must finish it its amazing x
Guest chapter 34 . 7/24/2012
My family doesn't really understand fanfic, so the past two weeks I've more or less been sneaking around here in the Swedish countryside with my Macbook, reading TLAT non stop. I've even had to take the computer outside, because it's too suspicious to stay indoors all day. Have you any idea how hard it is to read on a computer screen in sunlight?

The evidence is clear; I've been having a secret affair with your fanfic.

Now, 23:25 local time, I've finished reading all of the 558.685 words that is TLAT... and I have no idea what I'm suppose to do now. I'm a wreck. I'm actually considering rereading the whole thing, that's how pathetically in love I am with this! This is so good, I mean it. And that's coming from the biggest book snob there is (yours truly). Every single character is complex, interesting and alive! And things like the self-playing piano at the Potter's brings the story to another level, because it's so... Harry Potter! TLAT is "Harry Potter" meats "Skins". It's perfect. The only criticism I have are the names "Harper" and "Dearborn". They're very American, and not really what I had imagined british old wizarding families to be called. But, hey.

I love you.

Always a devoted fan,
Jojo

PS. Soooooo shipping Donna and Lathe. Shipping! S-H-I-P-P-I-N-G!
jackala345 chapter 34 . 7/24/2012
I am literally in love with this story... I've spent the last week just READING it and marveling at its amazingness. I love how you've developed Lily and James and their relationship, it seems a lot more real than the fluffy-fluffy I'm-in-love-with-you type thing. Just btw, I was like super angry when James and Carlotta got together... I almost yelled at the computer, that's how mad I was. But you solved that, THANK GOD (by the way, I was almost crying with joy when James said "No girlfriend." And I loved the whole betting/voting thing). And I like how you portrayed the Sirius telling Snape issue, and how mad that made James/Remus/Peter, because it's obvious that that was not something to be taken lightly, and you did a good job describing the impact of that.

For obvious reasons, I don't like Carlotta (at all, and mainly because I think Lily and James should be together and NO ONE ELSE) and I liked Shelley until she became all... un-Shelley. And don't get me started on Adam and Marlene, there is just so much going on there. And Frank and Alice. And Mary. And Sirius. And Donna? She is amazing. I love her so much. It's funny, but she reminds me a lot of my best friend. So in case you didn't get the drift, I love your characters and how you've so uniquely written each one. It's fantastic.

I love the long chapters (I am a sucker for long chapters, let me tell you) and I love how everything is slowly (very slowly) starting to make sense. I hope you pursue a career in writing someday because I will DEFINITELY buy your books.

Please please please update soon, I love The Life and Times and I need the next chapter quickly!

Love,
jackala345
Chibi-Lill chapter 11 . 7/24/2012
I maintain my statement on Carlotta. She's the kind of girl I just want to slap. Sorry for Amarilla Grey! Though I understand that Carlotta is the type of character you need to keep the suspense on how Jily will end OR to cause weird relationships to happen. Anyway, this chapter answers my question about Lily believing she's in love with Snape. What a fool... Honestly, even SHE cannot be in love with him. Who could? (Sorry for all Snape-fans, but I don't really like him, especially in TLAT)
Alice is soo sweet. (And not because we have the same first name) She just can move on now, and stop feeling miserabe because of a certain perfect-featured brunette and her sometimes stupid former boyfriend. I enjoy snow, and, unlike Lily, I'm not quite sure I like November. Rain is cool only if you're in your house, watching other people get wet. I'm afraid I'm not very charitable with people under the rain. Anyway, please, don't forget chapter 35! :p Just joking, thank you for everything you've already written.
Chibi-Lill chapter 9 . 7/24/2012
SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE REVIEW! I HAD FORGOTTEN TO LOG IN!
Aww I forgot how AWFUL this chapter was... (not because of the writing, of course, but because of what happens to Jily) Snape is just such a b***. Really! Who does he think he is to tell Lily who she can choose as friends? I mean, it's very selfish of him and so. Ok, she shouldn't have accepted to "choose". She could just have said he was a complete prat and he had no right to decide anything for her. But it didn't exactly fit in the "becoming friends again" mood. One little question, for I'm not sure to have understood correctly. Does Lily believe she's in love with Snape? In case you haven't noticed, I'm currently re-reading your story, expecting full of hope that you'll update chapter 35 in the meantime, but I've been too lazy to review the previous chapters. Next time I'll do I promise!
Back to this one chapter. Carlotta is really annoying. Not because of what happens afterwards. Well, not only because of that. She is so self-centred. Just because SHE wants something, she should/has the right to get it, and it's RIGHT, even if it breaks someone else's heart. I've understood that many readers like her, but I just can't. Sometimes I just want to slap in her perfect face. (See how you write, you make me want to slap in an imaginary character's face... Great for my mental health, don't you think?) She's a very interesting character though! Frank is still the "good" guy. He's been acting like a real stupid one, but since I know what happens afterwards, I'm ok to forgive him! And I think something had to happen. You just can't stay with the same person from your 13th til your 17th birthday without something messing up at one point. Even in a fictional story.
Have I already told you how much I love your Sirius? He's always been my favourite character and I'm soo glad you didn't make him ... I don't know, a way which wouldn't sound Sirius-ish. I'm not sure how I imagined him before I read TLAT, but now, I imagine him in your way. He's a bit harsh towards Regulus, but even HE is not perfect. Else, it would be too easy.
I enjoy soo much reading every chapter of yours, pleaase don't keep me/us readers waiting too long for chapter 35!
Chibi-Lill chapter 10 . 7/24/2012
Haha does Lily take some extra biology lessons? If she knew WHY she's annoyed with James having a date... (yes, I'm a Jily obsessed person, I don't think it can be cured) Anyway, Lily has many realisations in this chapter. Since I remembered everything, it wasn't quite as astonishing as it was first time I read, but still very interesting. The mystery goes by and by solved, it makes the story move forward. I like the Sirius-Lily friendship, it sounds so ... natural. You have made Lily (a bit) self-righteous but not stuck up like in many fics, and so their getting along fits very well. I'm not very inspired as you can see, I've got excited too much in my last review. Anyway, keep writing!
Guest chapter 9 . 7/24/2012
Guest chapter 34 . 7/24/2012
WHEN WILL THE NEXT ONE BE UP! I've spend the past 2 nights reading these chapters!
AnnaRose chapter 34 . 7/23/2012
First off, I am in love with this fic, and I absolutely love your writing style. I'm a writer as well, and I love seeing how different people create a story. Everything about this is just so incredibly brilliant, and I'm so glad I decided to read it.

Secondly, your teasers and cliffhangers have been causing a major lack of sleep on my part. So I congratulate you on that one.

And third, can I just say how much I freaking LOVE Sam Dearborn and his (and Lily's) letters? Sam makes me laugh so hard. Best part.

On a relatively different note, I accidentally said "Oh my Merlin" (or something of the sort) more than once yesterday and received funny looks. It was great.
Anne chapter 34 . 7/23/2012
You ... I ... We ... Carlotta ... Mundungus ... WAAAAAHHHH!

Carlotta. Said. What. Lily. Said.

DAAAHHHH!

Okay. Can't process anything. Brain overload. I need you to update!
BrennanTheConqueror chapter 34 . 7/23/2012
Considering that this is the best fic that I have EVER read, I would really love it if you would post another chapter PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Don't torture your fans any longer :(
Valentina Winter chapter 34 . 7/23/2012
Omg when Carlotta basically quoted Lily about all the small things James does I could have cried :'( I'm just glad they're over now. Make room for Jily!
YeahThisIsAName chapter 26 . 7/22/2012
HOLY FREAKING MERLIN! HOLY FUDGE! THAT IS NOT VERY NICE, MISS JULES! Trying to get all the shippers excited and then -BAM!- they AREN'T GOING TO KISS. asdfghjkl. Here goes my chances of sleeping tonight. #sigh# Oh well, but know this, Jules m'dear, that I love you & TLAT because in one point I'm SURE there will be loads of CONTINUOUS-NO-SECOND-THOUGHTS snogging.

Oh, by the way, dunno if you're happy to hear this or you'll appreciate it but I think it's worth saying - this is umpteenth time I've reread TLAT. Yes, umpteenth.
9,518 | « Prev Page 1 .. 289 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 309 .. Last Next »