Reviews for By the Divining Light
Goten Askil chapter 6 . 12/15/2017
Great story, you really know how to set an atmosphere.
Of course, I can't really say it was a Harry Potter story, since the world and the magic had next to nothing to do with HP world, but it was amazing anyway. Even after seven years, it's still a great take on Old Magic.
On to the sequel for me, now!
lnsidethefire chapter 6 . 9/14/2017
amazing.
gbakermatson chapter 1 . 6/15/2017
Whoa. This was awesome.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/1/2017
Your story was plagiarized by R dude 1. s/12508154/1/By-the-Divining-Light
CrazyLemon chapter 6 . 12/26/2016
Just went back to this story after ages. Your writing always leaves me in awe. The world you build around the HP universe is unique unlike any other fanfic I have read. On top of that, your writing has depth and sensitivity that echoes fundamentally with anyone reading it. Would really like to know if you've written anything new recently, even if it isn't Fanfiction.
omh666 chapter 6 . 10/31/2016
Huh. A little short, and... there's a lot of hidden differences between this and the books we're slowly introduced all in all, an interesting read. Glad I came upon this after the second one was started I'd have been truly confused.
SarcasticallySatyrical chapter 6 . 8/7/2016
This was one of my absolute favorite short Harry Potter stories on this sight. You really did an excellent job of starting in media res without using too much exposition while still giving just enough information. In addition, you really managed to create a proper awe, wonder, and fear about the magic that Harry and Dumbledore were using, which was awesome.
Hippothestrowl chapter 2 . 8/1/2016
I came to this story because Conlaodh's Song was confusing. I assumed it was because I'd not read this. But this story is even more confusing. Why is Harry powerful? Why is Neville in the CoS? So I went to Skitterleap in the hope that it was an even earlier story that precedes these and would throw light on it all - but no.

So I'll abandon both of those and go back to where I was in Conlaodh's Song and try to accept as far as I can that much of it won't make sense. Like reading a story where the earlier chapters are all missing is what it feels like. :(
s-david-m chapter 6 . 7/24/2016
Great story, and very well written. As I suspected in my last review, there were minor changes from canon that served no real purpose. I understand you seek to fill in your world with small touches of detail like this, and that works for ordinary fiction, but changing canon for no reason generally doesn't read as well for fanfic.

Some good twists though, and your vivid prose makes this story a must read!
s-david-m chapter 1 . 7/24/2016
Great start for this mysterious adventure. Seems you're in quite an AU, but I'm not sure I see the point in changing Harry's eye colour. Most fanfic authors just decide to change all sorts of little things for no reason whatsoever, but I hope you haven't succumbed and this small change actually ties into the plot.
EmeraldGuardian7 chapter 6 . 4/5/2016
This is one of the greatest stories I've ever read! Such an interesting AU. So many feels at the part about Hermione. Wish there were more mentor!Dumbledore fics out there. Great job!
Lunaliceazreal chapter 4 . 3/26/2016
This amazing story deserves more reviews
Lunaliceazreal chapter 1 . 3/25/2016
Interesting plot (:
BYoshi1993 chapter 6 . 9/5/2015
I liked this story; it was much departed from the norm of Harry Potter fanfiction. An enjoyable and unique read.
SoberAnarchism chapter 6 . 1/12/2015
That was absolutely beautiful. Thank you. Truly.