Reviews for By the Divining Light
User with a hat chapter 6 . 10/19/2013
Words can't describe how highly I regard your writing.
The composition of plot, atmosphere and character setups/developments in every single piece is just so perfect that my vocabulary fails me in describing it.
The magic-concepts you employ are always original and refreshing, unlike 99.99% of the other stuff written up on this page.
Thanks to reading this story, immediately followed by reading the sequel and every other story you wrote, I got interested in fanfiction again after several dozen disappointments. For that, I can only thank you
VerySleepy chapter 6 . 10/4/2013
Wow. This is wonderfully powerful stuff. Really well done.
Random number generator chapter 4 . 6/22/2013
Congratulations for proper use of muggle-made items in the story!
Random number generator chapter 2 . 6/22/2013
Poor Hermione, but I wonder what was wrong with her parents (probably the same thing as in canon).
Guest chapter 6 . 5/28/2013
good plotting, pace and masterful exposition. I think I would have liked more of an insight to old magic but I hope that will come in the second story.
SpaceHead3 chapter 6 . 5/22/2013
This story was frickin' awesome. Just flat out wow.
obstacle1 chapter 6 . 5/9/2013
Sometimes I feel I've been on fanfiction for too long. I start to believe I've read all the good stories. I wonder, when I've trawled through 100 stories and can't seem to get past the first paragraph, if it's worth the effort. I never wanted to know what MaleVeela!Harry or HP/LV slash! was. I know more about Griphook that some of my family members. I don't care if Hermione's favourite book is 'On The Road' or any other such avant-nonsense. I miss the wonder and joy that used to come with reading the Harry Potter series.

And sometimes, I find I story that reminds me why I came to fanfiction in the first place. A story filled with such exotic charm and horror, that it shows up every re-working of Harry's sixth year - with Manipulative!Dumbles - for the trash it is.

This is what fanfiction should be like; exploring the endless possibilities of JK's magical world, and delighting in the host of characters we can play with. With fluid prose and taut storytelling to boot? You spoil us, enembee!

The point of this overly-long spiel was to thank you, enembee, for such an original, captivating and well-focused piece of fiction. And next time I read a description of Remus Lupin's perfectly toned abdominal muscles, I'll come and read it again.

Guest chapter 4 . 4/25/2013
great story
rebecca chapter 6 . 4/24/2013
Loved it. Amazing writing. Nicely done.
Healed535 chapter 6 . 4/6/2013
Great. Really wonderful writing. I can't believe this has so few reviews. It deserves a lot more.
neb1234 chapter 6 . 2/3/2013
Cool story, your Harry has some serious mood swings.
Halcyon2Days chapter 6 . 11/5/2012
This deserves more recognition then it gets.
The.Altered.E chapter 5 . 9/25/2012
The HHr scene was very lovely and sad; the best I've read in a while.
katenkapotter chapter 6 . 8/17/2012
amazing just fantastic. if you write other thhings maybe you'd consider an elvish fantasy. your (what i hope was an unseelie) fae thing was wonderful. terrifying but cool and i love harry and albus here.
Guest chapter 6 . 8/12/2012
Good read, your story is.
By The Divine Light, your scribles may shine.
135 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »