Reviews for By the Divining Light
squidbert chapter 6 . 8/7/2012
Wow. Your writing was as powerful as Harry's magic. Well done!
Jimbocous chapter 6 . 7/20/2012
Fascianting alternate universe here. Thanks for a great read!
Cholerae chapter 6 . 6/10/2012
unanimously anonymous. mostly chapter 6 . 2/20/2012
I am not sure if you are still reading reviews here or not, but I had to write anyway, so here it is...

The story is amazingly done, alive, touching, and the ending brought a tear to my eye.

I did see a few... strange things: like the inconsistency in harry's power level, in the beggining it looks like he can't do anything without magical foci {wand/knots} and in the end it changes rather abruptly, i guess i should factor in desperation and rage, but it still sounds abit iffy, because someone of his apparent power and skill probably would have used some variation of it earlier {with the super!boggart and the fallen knot maybe?}.

Also, why would anyone who are able to bind a heliopath - that apparently can swallow-whole the bad monster at the end of the dungeon, would put him as a gate-keaper and not: A. "take care" of it himself. B. send the heliopath to do it.

what was the point? trying to guard the "holy grail", or trying to keep said monster locked up?

Anyway, even considering what I wrote, I still enjoyed reading it very much. Thank you.
Numbers chapter 2 . 1/8/2012
Can I just say, if you're into numbers (like me, heheh) you should definitely read 'the Number Devil'.

I don't know how old you are, but it gave me a few chuckles when I read it. :)
Numbers chapter 2 . 1/8/2012
I just thought you might like to know that your number thing might be wrong. (Either that, or I've got it wrong.)

The numbers are describing the number above it, correct? For instance: 1234 would be described as 11121314.

According to that logic, the blank number would be describing 312211. Therefore, the number would be 13112221.

If the blank number is 13112221, then the last number is wrong. Instead of 113213211, shouldn't it be 1113213211? (An extra 1 at the start.)

I don't know if I'm right, but I think that having the right numbers is important. :)

Have fun and keep writing!
Fresh C chapter 2 . 12/30/2011
Okay, Usually I don't review until the end of completed stories, but this chapter has a lot of good ideas floating around. I like the concept of the star stairs quite a bit, and I like the way you used it to provide background info for the AU world you've created here. Good Authorly Technique sir.

I think if everyone could walk those stairs successfully the world would be a much different place... well maybe. I guess it just tells you who you are, it doesn't make you a better person. But I suppose everyone knowing who they really were (or falling into an abyss) would probably make the world a better place.

Anyways, good job so far.
A Fan chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
This is undoubtedly the most underrated Harry Potter fic ever. I'm appalled that this has less than 100 views and not thousands. Because, speaking objectively, this is probably the masterpiece of the harry potter fandom. This portrays magic in a way that's so lyrical and, well, magical. You are a great talent, enembee. And it's a shame you don't update more frequently.
TurtleBlue chapter 6 . 11/3/2011
An interesting variant of Neville being the BWL.

I don't know if I could have turned away from the city of delights to see my wife once again. Life is way too short...
lilahri chapter 6 . 10/26/2011
love. love. love. This story is so freaking amazing. love it.

The way you revealed the AU elements though Harry's memories/tests was so great! It made it so much more interesting. I got a little confused at points, but I'm planning on going back and re-reading this to clarify some minor details that I got lost on )

You are a fantastic writer. Your descriptions are phenomenal. I find myself especially impressed by your fight scenes. They are so epic!

I can't wait to read more of your work.

Chris Robins chapter 6 . 8/18/2011
Awesome story! Thank you for sharing!
namingsucks chapter 6 . 8/15/2011
That was beautiful. I am honestly speechless. I loved how you portrayed Harry and Dumbledore's relationship. I loved what you did with Hermione and those flashbacks were placed at the perfect moment to express his sadness and love for Hermione. I didn't feel lioke I was reading when I read this it was more like I was watching a series finale of a TV series where you the character dies and the last few minutes are a monologue. Really well done.
White Ivy chapter 6 . 8/3/2011
What a lovely fic! Old style dangers and an adventure that reminded me of The Lord of the Rings.
mabidiso chapter 6 . 7/27/2011
This is the most amazingly beautiful story ever. It's structured and has the lyrical rhythm of the oldest form, and it sinks deep inside the reader like the best of the old tales.
Creepy Quiet Kid chapter 6 . 6/25/2011