Reviews for By the Divining Light
TurtleBlue chapter 6 . 11/3/2011
An interesting variant of Neville being the BWL.

I don't know if I could have turned away from the city of delights to see my wife once again. Life is way too short...
lilahri chapter 6 . 10/26/2011
love. love. love. This story is so freaking amazing. love it.

The way you revealed the AU elements though Harry's memories/tests was so great! It made it so much more interesting. I got a little confused at points, but I'm planning on going back and re-reading this to clarify some minor details that I got lost on )

You are a fantastic writer. Your descriptions are phenomenal. I find myself especially impressed by your fight scenes. They are so epic!

I can't wait to read more of your work.

lilah
Chris Robins chapter 6 . 8/18/2011
Awesome story! Thank you for sharing!
namingsucks chapter 6 . 8/15/2011
That was beautiful. I am honestly speechless. I loved how you portrayed Harry and Dumbledore's relationship. I loved what you did with Hermione and those flashbacks were placed at the perfect moment to express his sadness and love for Hermione. I didn't feel lioke I was reading when I read this it was more like I was watching a series finale of a TV series where you the character dies and the last few minutes are a monologue. Really well done.
White Ivy chapter 6 . 8/3/2011
What a lovely fic! Old style dangers and an adventure that reminded me of The Lord of the Rings.
mabidiso chapter 6 . 7/27/2011
This is the most amazingly beautiful story ever. It's structured and has the lyrical rhythm of the oldest form, and it sinks deep inside the reader like the best of the old tales.
Creepy Quiet Kid chapter 6 . 6/25/2011
Heart-breaking, yet stupendous.
ForgottenTales chapter 6 . 6/24/2011
I liked it. It reminded me of Abhorsen. The otherworldly beasts and compressing darkness, the personal strength that is required to move forward.

And the last chapter, with the stone lioness, and Harry finally letting go.. it was beautifully written.
Pensive Rumination Observer chapter 6 . 6/14/2011
A Very well though out story!

You managed to contruct an AU pretty well! Didn't require a 100, 000 words either. The star staircase thing was pretty smart. I'm gonna go read the sequel now.
Silent Avid Magma chapter 6 . 6/6/2011
Awesome story. Short and delicious. Thanks.
CharmedbyFire chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
amazing story, love all the old magic you're putting through there. I like the relationship between dumbledore and harry as well
shadowsdeep chapter 6 . 5/6/2011
Very intresting AU, I enjoyed reading this throughout, well done!
skepsis66 chapter 6 . 4/25/2011
A trial by fire... the way Harry matures through this is evident. These awesome magics that so few have witnessed - the temptation, the challenges, the power... it pushes Harry to take that last step into adulthood. Really liked this.
xScottx chapter 6 . 4/12/2011
Awesome fic man. I don't see why some people think it's boring. It's called a STORY & PLOT, not mindless action (which isn't always bad).
CaTomac chapter 6 . 3/17/2011
Amazing story. Wonderful writing.
127 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »