Reviews for By the Divining Light
N a b s t e R chapter 6 . 3/3/2011
amazing really more people should read this... if you made this a real big fic explaining from first i think lot of people would love to read it... still nice one.
xScottx chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
This and the sequel epic. Beautifully written, not a lot of action which I have no problem with because the action there is, is very well done and the characters and plot more then makes up for everything.
anothergoneagain chapter 6 . 1/23/2011
There are stories that require nothing in the way of thought, they pull you in with plotlines and ideas that are comfortable, easy. One knows as soon as the story has begun whether the story is one of those...yours isn't. Those stories ususally fall into one of two catagories, stories that entertain, and those that let you down, in either case, they are well worn paths we walk down. Those stories never make us uncomfortable or require us to think, they are predictable.

Your story is different.

I've had it bookmarked for awhile, I knew it would be...unique, so I waited for the right frame of mind.

I was in it this morning...Thank You! That was without a doubt one of the most unique, well written and original stories I've come across in the fanfic world...

I'm heading over to the sequal...talk to you later...
TheUnrealInsomniac chapter 6 . 1/23/2011
Right first and foremost I love this story. It's fascinating the way you've changed things around and the way things have happened because of the changes.

I particularly liked the look into the Old Magics, it's always very interesting to see Harry Potter gone Old Way.

I'm looking forward to the next story.

TheUnrealInsomniac
Lurgee chapter 6 . 1/14/2011
Amazing. Your portrayal of both Harry and Dumbledore is excellent, and the whole story feels very... rich.
eternal-7827 chapter 6 . 12/17/2010
Wonderful. Delicate, subtle, sometimes forceful. Written from the depths of the mind. I would say heart, but we all know it's all in the mind.

On my way to read Conlaodh's Song. I say, the DLP is working. Found this from there, reading up from the very first fic.
Sands of Oblivion chapter 6 . 12/2/2010
Fantastic simply fantastic. This is a wonderfully written story the way the challenged of the stairs were used to introduce the major changes was brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed the slight hints of ancient mythology and legend inter-sped it really did add a lot of depth into the story. While the ending seemed a little rushed it is definitely a good read.
Hermes Salazar Snape chapter 6 . 11/13/2010
A very intriguing story and VERY imaginative (how did you get the idea of knots being used as magic?). I like the little twist about the Heliopath and the flame between Harry and Hermoine.
secret owl chapter 6 . 11/11/2010
This story is fucking amazing. Seriously, keep writing, you glorious, beautiful person.
Stygian Styx chapter 6 . 11/6/2010
Amazing story. The blend of old world folklore and myth in particular was very well done!
AiSard chapter 6 . 11/6/2010
amazing fic here, ..ah, was about to say how awesome it would be if this was more woven into a proper fic (as opposed to a small arc, almost an epic sidestory to a vastly more epic world) until i realised there was a Book2 p so gonna go read that now.

Conlaodh's accompanying Harry was just wow though, totally didn't see it coming and sparks off a lot of potential, as well as putting Harry on a bit more of an even footing with all the other players, a physical manifestation or proof of his power if u will, anyways, loved this.

shocked that it only has 73 reviews though D whyyyy?
Kakuri chapter 6 . 9/26/2010
Had been meaning to read this ever since you started promoting the C2 and never quite got around to it. Finally got around to it and it was awesome! Your style of storytelling was one that fit this story quite well, and I'm quite looking forward to reading more from you. :)
Pentecost chapter 6 . 9/25/2010
I read this yesterday, but I couldn't reach the Epilogue for some reason. Got onto it today however. I really enjoyed this.
The Sound Shaman chapter 6 . 9/24/2010
this is brilliant
The PenName Duplicate chapter 6 . 9/22/2010
This was actually really good. Thanks for the read, don't know why it didn't get more reviews, I suspect it's due to the length. At any rate, interesting plot, I like the whole Old magic thing, especially if it's done right, which I think you did. Kudos.
127 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »