Reviews for By the Divining Light
namingsucks chapter 6 . 8/15/2011
That was beautiful. I am honestly speechless. I loved how you portrayed Harry and Dumbledore's relationship. I loved what you did with Hermione and those flashbacks were placed at the perfect moment to express his sadness and love for Hermione. I didn't feel lioke I was reading when I read this it was more like I was watching a series finale of a TV series where you the character dies and the last few minutes are a monologue. Really well done.
White Ivy chapter 6 . 8/3/2011
What a lovely fic! Old style dangers and an adventure that reminded me of The Lord of the Rings.
mabidiso chapter 6 . 7/27/2011
This is the most amazingly beautiful story ever. It's structured and has the lyrical rhythm of the oldest form, and it sinks deep inside the reader like the best of the old tales.
Creepy Quiet Kid chapter 6 . 6/25/2011
Heart-breaking, yet stupendous.
ForgottenTales chapter 6 . 6/24/2011
I liked it. It reminded me of Abhorsen. The otherworldly beasts and compressing darkness, the personal strength that is required to move forward.

And the last chapter, with the stone lioness, and Harry finally letting go.. it was beautifully written.
Pensive Rumination Observer chapter 6 . 6/14/2011
A Very well though out story!

You managed to contruct an AU pretty well! Didn't require a 100, 000 words either. The star staircase thing was pretty smart. I'm gonna go read the sequel now.
Silent Avid Magma chapter 6 . 6/6/2011
Awesome story. Short and delicious. Thanks.
CharmedbyFire chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
amazing story, love all the old magic you're putting through there. I like the relationship between dumbledore and harry as well
shadowsdeep chapter 6 . 5/6/2011
Very intresting AU, I enjoyed reading this throughout, well done!
skepsis66 chapter 6 . 4/25/2011
A trial by fire... the way Harry matures through this is evident. These awesome magics that so few have witnessed - the temptation, the challenges, the power... it pushes Harry to take that last step into adulthood. Really liked this.
xScottx chapter 6 . 4/12/2011
Awesome fic man. I don't see why some people think it's boring. It's called a STORY & PLOT, not mindless action (which isn't always bad).
CaTomac chapter 6 . 3/17/2011
Amazing story. Wonderful writing.
N a b s t e R chapter 6 . 3/3/2011
amazing really more people should read this... if you made this a real big fic explaining from first i think lot of people would love to read it... still nice one.
xScottx chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
This and the sequel epic. Beautifully written, not a lot of action which I have no problem with because the action there is, is very well done and the characters and plot more then makes up for everything.
anothergoneagain chapter 6 . 1/23/2011
There are stories that require nothing in the way of thought, they pull you in with plotlines and ideas that are comfortable, easy. One knows as soon as the story has begun whether the story is one of those...yours isn't. Those stories ususally fall into one of two catagories, stories that entertain, and those that let you down, in either case, they are well worn paths we walk down. Those stories never make us uncomfortable or require us to think, they are predictable.

Your story is different.

I've had it bookmarked for awhile, I knew it would be...unique, so I waited for the right frame of mind.

I was in it this morning...Thank You! That was without a doubt one of the most unique, well written and original stories I've come across in the fanfic world...

I'm heading over to the sequal...talk to you later...
139 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »