Reviews for By the Divining Light
MrRobertsIII chapter 3 . 7/16/2009
Strange, but an interesting read. Your Dumbledore is spot on.

Hope you include something on why Harry felt the need to hide his abilities.
Xyfa chapter 3 . 7/16/2009
Aha, so there searching for something to cure Neville, presumably of whatever Voldemort did to him in the graveyard. Things just keep getting more interesting!

This chapter was grate, I especially liked the confrontation in the graveyard and the elf's appearance.

I look forward to seeing where your going, and seeing what the next challenge is.
Philly Homer chapter 2 . 7/11/2009
I knew I was right to add you to my favorite authors after Skitterleap. Once again, you have created a rather brilliant story, even if most of the history (once again) is yet to be revealed. Honestly, without most of the history, i can't realy comment on some of the different magic you have used nor the world itself. I will say that the Star Stairs was a pretty clever idea, since you got to introduce a little bit of Harry's history along with progressing the story.

However, his history has led me to some concerns. A twelve year old Harry Potter shouldn't be able to hold Tom Riddle at 17. It just comes off as unrealistic unless this is an older Harry trapped in a twelve year old's body. Also, Harry at 13 shouldn't have been able to take a fully grown Sirius Black especially one that was actually the Dark Lord's right hand. By the way, I have been waiting for someone to do that for ages. Sirius doesn't exactly come from a light and happy family. It's more than plausible that he could potentially have been Voldemort's right hand. It was nice to see you do it, but I was disappointed he is out of the game after being beaten by someone at 13.
Mangojito chapter 2 . 7/9/2009
Great so far. Your writing style is kind of dense...very serious. Excellent action writing.
Blah chapter 2 . 7/9/2009
Well written which definitely captures the reader's attention. Just quite difficult to see where you go with this on the long run if that's intended at all. Trying to set him up as Dumbledore's replacement, without any friends because they all die is imho not enough food for a wide range novel environment/background.
Xyfa chapter 2 . 7/9/2009
Hmm, how very interesting. From what I've seen so far, I definitely like the background you've set up for this fic (and I'm curious to see what really happened to Harry's and Neville's parents), and it would seem you've got something specific in mind for where your going with this. I look forward to seeing just what Dumbledore and Harry are up to: I look forward to the next update.
shadow patronus chapter 2 . 7/8/2009
Hy there!

This is interesting and a good read. I await to see more as I have a lot of questions like: where are they?, why? etc.

:-)