Reviews for By the Divining Light
Sooner90 chapter 4 . 8/24/2009
Truly excellent! I've really been astounded by the originality of your work. Keep it up!
Bluesnowman chapter 4 . 8/13/2009
very good so far keep it up
MrRobertsIII chapter 4 . 8/13/2009
Still strange and still fun to read.
Immortal Rain chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
Ridiculously slow but utterly fascinating. I'll keep reading for sure.
Xyfa chapter 4 . 8/12/2009
Wow, leaving it there? Thats just cruel! :). That weird creature was interesting, but it looks like there going to find something much worse (I thought that might have been the thing that was what they were warned about, but I guess not).

Guessing we're going to see even more action in the next chapter, so I look forward to the update! Keep up the grate work.
rags007 chapter 3 . 7/28/2009
One of the most fascinating and original stories I've off to you...
Magical Poof chapter 3 . 7/25/2009
You write phenomenal fics. You're just overall amazing. This is very interesting and you took a very creative route to share Harry's school life with us without actually forcing through a quick summary of how canon has changed. I rather like the ideas you've got going here, and while I commend you for having the balls to kill off a bunch of main characters like Hermoine and Remus and Ron (who's basically dead for the purposes of this story... unless he wakes up, which would be terrible, since he'd still think he's eleven), it leaves you with a definiate lack of characters to work with.

I know from reading The Skitterleap that you write perfectly likable OCs, but I can't say I'm really looking forward seeing a plethora of elves running around as main characters. I'm not entirely sure where you're going with this fic. I'd have liked to see some Neville-Harry interactions or maybe even a real Harry-Voldemort battle, but this journey to elfworld seems to veer off into crazy AU land where the original world of Harry Potter is completely disregarded. I have to admit that I'd rather see Harry duking it out with Voldemort than with this mysterious evil elf, no matter how awesome and evil and terrifying you make it.

So, I guess I stick around and see where you're going with this. I'm sure it will still be a good read, even if it doesn't quite go in the direction I hoped.
sirius009 chapter 3 . 7/16/2009
I truly love everything about this story, it is slow, but interesting, it is obviously very AU, yet we still are learning the entire backstory, in a completly original way. The writing is very solid and I can't wait for more.
MrRobertsIII chapter 3 . 7/16/2009
Strange, but an interesting read. Your Dumbledore is spot on.

Hope you include something on why Harry felt the need to hide his abilities.
Xyfa chapter 3 . 7/16/2009
Aha, so there searching for something to cure Neville, presumably of whatever Voldemort did to him in the graveyard. Things just keep getting more interesting!

This chapter was grate, I especially liked the confrontation in the graveyard and the elf's appearance.

I look forward to seeing where your going, and seeing what the next challenge is.
Philly Homer chapter 2 . 7/11/2009
I knew I was right to add you to my favorite authors after Skitterleap. Once again, you have created a rather brilliant story, even if most of the history (once again) is yet to be revealed. Honestly, without most of the history, i can't realy comment on some of the different magic you have used nor the world itself. I will say that the Star Stairs was a pretty clever idea, since you got to introduce a little bit of Harry's history along with progressing the story.

However, his history has led me to some concerns. A twelve year old Harry Potter shouldn't be able to hold Tom Riddle at 17. It just comes off as unrealistic unless this is an older Harry trapped in a twelve year old's body. Also, Harry at 13 shouldn't have been able to take a fully grown Sirius Black especially one that was actually the Dark Lord's right hand. By the way, I have been waiting for someone to do that for ages. Sirius doesn't exactly come from a light and happy family. It's more than plausible that he could potentially have been Voldemort's right hand. It was nice to see you do it, but I was disappointed he is out of the game after being beaten by someone at 13.
Mangojito chapter 2 . 7/9/2009
Great so far. Your writing style is kind of dense...very serious. Excellent action writing.
Blah chapter 2 . 7/9/2009
Well written which definitely captures the reader's attention. Just quite difficult to see where you go with this on the long run if that's intended at all. Trying to set him up as Dumbledore's replacement, without any friends because they all die is imho not enough food for a wide range novel environment/background.
Xyfa chapter 2 . 7/9/2009
Hmm, how very interesting. From what I've seen so far, I definitely like the background you've set up for this fic (and I'm curious to see what really happened to Harry's and Neville's parents), and it would seem you've got something specific in mind for where your going with this. I look forward to seeing just what Dumbledore and Harry are up to: I look forward to the next update.
shadow patronus chapter 2 . 7/8/2009
Hy there!

This is interesting and a good read. I await to see more as I have a lot of questions like: where are they?, why? etc.

:-)