Reviews for Twins and Apple Strudels
Aly chapter 3 . 1/20
I love chapter 3! Fluff does work with Johan. I enjoy it anyway. Great work!
lapaxlove chapter 3 . 12/4/2013
i loved it so much! you made his reasoning so twisted and so Johan! I love how logical Anna tries to be but fails.
and I especially love the ending because Johan deserves to have a second chance to be human! makes me heart warming this story!
Miss-Starkista chapter 3 . 10/14/2013
Let me tell you, Aldrae, even if you don't read this:
You're an exceptional writer.
You truly have a talent for words. You're a genius of the written word, I'd say. Urasawa's Monster universe and their characters are extremely complex and yet, you manage to capture the essence of it making me feel like I'm reading the canon. That goes for all your other fanfics as well.
Also, I love how you picture the twins. I love (and saying this makes me feel kind of guilty) their complicated relationship, I can't help it. It's just too fascinating, as unhealthy as it is... After no more material when the manga&anime and the novel are finished, I feel lucky having your fics to read.
You even make a fluffy Johan believable. xD "What a demanding woman you are." xDD Loved the story and the humor on it. xD The tension and the sweet moments. And both of them incredibly in-character. You absolutely captured the twins personalities. And I could pictured that happening when they were kids.
For some reason, I find incest not being so rare for this manga/anime, as twisted as it is, it even feels like justified. Johan and Nina's relationship (or better said, Anna :P) it's just so WRONG at all levels and yet, so captivating and interesting. But anyway, leaving the twins relationship aside, "Monster" itself doesn't lack on twisted material, does it?. xD
Awesome story.

I can't understand why you don't have more reviews, it's just ridiculous. I'd love a continuation of this. In fact, reading anything else from you would be great. :)

Thank you for sharing your talent with us and enrich this brilliant masterpiece called "Monster" with your amazing fics. ;)
hs chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
This story is awesome. Thank you, Author.
Jc chapter 3 . 6/22/2013
A fluffy Johan?! Who would have thought... I mean, really... even I found it absurd, in a sort of "delicious" kind of way. Still, your story really have the potential to broaden things up, and besides, if you are worrying about Johan's OOC'ness, thwn don't, you just wrote him unbelievably well. I guess that psychopaths have their own ways to show their feelings/affection, odd but that's the way things are with them. We all knew that Anna is a strong woman, so yeah, I think that she can pull through with him on Munich.
Hope that you write more of these...
Gleekovcourse chapter 3 . 8/29/2012
That was infuriating but also ..good. I wish you had've continued and turned it into a full blown chapter fic. I shall check out your other stories -and hope to see you write more Anna/Johan, Monster themed fics soon.
een nihc chapter 3 . 11/18/2011
This fic is surprisingly sweet and heart-warming considering it evolves around a psychopath (laugh). The ending is brimming with hope, I can't help cheering for both of them. The rules that Nina sets are straight and Johan's reaction is downright funny.

["What a demanding woman you are."]

Yay to Johan fluff.
Zenny-DoLL chapter 3 . 10/16/2011
Ahh, this was wonderfully written. The interactions between the two was really in-character and especially sweet towards the ending. I loved the Johan fluff, I hope you'll write more of these two. :3
Green Sprout chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
wow this was powerful.

using a playstation but had to review and give props for this wonderful piece.

you really got into nina's head and the ending had me at whoa.
Stalin's Pipe Organs chapter 3 . 6/12/2011
Awesome story.

I really liked Johan too. You put him in a fluffy situation that worked.

What would you say to another chappy? hehehe. Johan and Nina living together, we just gotta see that.
Like a Snowflake chapter 3 . 4/19/2011
That. Was. Amazing!

It's what I've been waiting for!(I shall favourite this story immediately.)

I usually read with a mind to edit, or at least point out mistakes in an (aspiring) author's writing, but I completely forgot about all that when I started reading. I think I'll be reading this over and over...You really delved deeply into Johan and Anna/Nina's complex relationship that would always be more than just brother and sister. This was great!
The Mad Maiden chapter 3 . 3/17/2011
This is such a beautiful story. I've had it on my favourites forever without writing a review. Clearly this needs to change.

I love pretty much everything. The tension between them. The humour that pops up every now and then. It's a really sweet and wonderful story.

Thank you for writing it.
Hermy31 chapter 3 . 12/31/2010
Chapter 3 is my least favourite chapter in this fic. It's not the problem with the way you write Johan's character or the fluff; it's just my personal opinion how it feels so disconnected with the 1st and 2nd chapter. Both focused on complex issues that revolves around their relationship during childhood; to read the next chapter with a scene on Johan commenting about Nina's apartment, sharing the same bed with her and crossed dressing while going out with Nina sounds too 'normal' for me to even 'adapt' to the flow of the storyline. I couldnt help remembering the tensions they had in the manga storyline and somehow it feels disconnected. I hope you understand why I am writing this but that's just my first impression when I first read it.

I took me 2-3 reads before I get used to the chapter, I enjoyed reading it as a optional storyline. The humour and Johan's stubbornness were hilarious to read! :D It is still a GREAT chapter, but I see this as a separate storyline from the main fic. I do however, enjoyed reading/relating this together with the 'Diary of Nina Fortner', 'Autogynephilia' and 'Achilles' which are the 'lighter version' of your works. :)
Hermy31 chapter 2 . 12/31/2010
I know that you have made optional storylines on JohanxNina(e.g., chapter 3, The diary of nina fortner and The Thin line), I personally see them as connected from the plot in chapter 1 & 2 but with different plot directions.

Here are my thoughts of how I approach to this fic, I see chapter 3 and the Diary of Nina Fortner fic as a 'happy' ending for the NinaXLiebert relationship and I often skip the 3rd chapter and proceed to reading the Thin line as a separate storyline where their relationship got even more complicated *wink*wink*.

As for the second chapter, I couldnt help but see the 1st and 2nd chapter as part of canon as well as relating this to your other fics particularly the heavily sexualized 'The Thin line' fic. The scene where Johan warned Anna about 'Monsters can bite', it's very very disturbing knowing the extent to which he is capable to doing such HORRIBLE things to Anna in the other fic you made.

Also, I find the scene where Johan baked the Apple strudel and asking for Anna's forgiveness is very heartwarming and sad to say the least. T_T
Hermy31 chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
This is probably one of my most favourite fanfic out of all your works! :) I immediately fell in love with the first and second chapter...it made me want to reread the entire manga again! You have no idea how many times I went back to your ff page and read this fic. T_T