Reviews for Dissonance
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
I kinda think the most significant moment in this episode was House's "Merry Christmas, Cuddy"...sure sounded a lot like "GOODBYE". Considering the ONLY other time we ever heard House say Merry Christmas was 10 seconds before he tried to kill himself with Vicodin and Bourbon on Christmas Eve after his call to his mother...and that was most definitely "GOODBYE".

I like your story, wish Wilson would understand that not every one deals with grief alike. As we all KNOW, House does feel, and grief is the most dangerous emotion he has...he doesn't know how to process it. Wilson (and Cuddy for that matter) both measure House against all other people, which they outwardly acknowledge he is NOT like other people. Yet they continue to measure and judge him always making him feel unworthy and lacking. That has got to just suck, that your best friends not only don't KNOW who you really are, but also treat you accordingly.

Yea, I lost all respect for Cuddy during season 5 (course I didn't have a whole lot before that either), and Wilson has been dancing on the fence of AM I A FRIEND OR NOT since the Pilot episode...like D. Shore can't decide if Wilson is going to be House's friend or not.

I like you paired these two together...they are remarkably similar to each other.
lhoma320 chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
I loved the way this filled in the gaps.

I really loved your description of Cuddy here "She looks back at him, a surely cold hand immediately wiping away tears that she’s clearly embarrassed to shed. She clears her throat, her demeanor changing completely in a moment. And he understands intuitively that she’s gone from being just Cuddy back to “Dean of Medicine,” the title she wears that seems more burden than gift at this point in her life."

Wow! That was an awesome paragraph. Everything about it was so Cuddy. You did see two sides of her. Very nicely done.

I also loved this "But he is both relieved and glad, and that makes him unsure of what to say, makes him afraid that any movement or sound will let her know just how glad he is to no longer feel alone, the sole bearer of loneliness and sadness." I never really thought about this. Cuddy going through having someone new in her life and him losing someone. I never made that connection and I love that you saw that and pointed it out. Now when I rewatch the episodes, I'll be thinking of that. :D Thanks! :D
DoctorLisaCuddy chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
It always bothered me that Cuddy went there...it didnt make sense in the episode without further explanation. With this scene I can accept her action!

Beautiful one-shot. My heart broke a little for Cuddy (yet again)...

P.S.: New "Edge of Chaos" chapter anytime soon? :)
MoniBolis chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
I like the Wilson/Cuddy dynamic, and you got it right...also

This fic totally explains why in the hell Cuddy went to look for a most likely to be dead baby