Reviews for The Star Quilt
LiraelAlanna chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
Wow. Stunningly amazing, as always.

I was going through your previous reviews, and I have to say, Kobe Grace was right. You let Leah find out who she is, without comprising on who she is as a Quileute or her heritage.

Great job!
darkBitch08 chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
this was a very nice fic. (but i still prefer 'leaper')
KMH1 chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
At your suggestion, I also read your other fics, "Cowboys and Indians" and now this. Wow- incredible. I love your take on Leah and how you weave her life in with that of Jasper and Alice.

It's great to see an author really create a new perception of a person while still adhering to "canon." It makes reading the original work much richer as well. You've done an amazing job of this and I applaud you.

Thank you again for sharing your talent.
Lalina chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
Thank you for writing this :)) It wasn't what I expected but a pleasant surprise nonetheless! I'm happy Leah found her HEA.

melpomene94 chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
Great story!
phfina chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Dear Minisinoo,

I really, really liked this story! It was sweet, beautiful, and it was calm and peaceful.

Words I didn't think I'd be using to describe a Leah story.

But I also liked that it felt canonical. I found it believable the Leah I was reading and feeling along with, and it was wonderful to see the development of Alice, the friendship formed between then, and the growth Alice experienced in the world, not being able to rely on her precognition as a crutch.

I liked your Michael.

No, strike that, I LOVED your Michael, sweet, sincere, trying hard, and a man to match Leah. I wish there was more of him here in this Leah story, but I suppose, *sigh*, romantic me, some things are better left behind the closed doors.

Leah and Michael love each other, and that's all nosy me needs to know.

You treat Native topics with such respect, but not worshipfully, but knowledgeably, and realistically. It's so good to read a story by an authoress that writes so well.

Thank you for writing this story. It was a beautiful story, and I loved reading it.

kisses, 'phfina
neverassume chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
I will still love Cowboys and Indians, but I loved this sequel! (: Finally, Leah has her happy ending; complete with friends and all.

Great job!
4CullensandaBlack chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
I'm happy Leah got her happy ending!
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
Simply perfect! You can write Alice too! :D I loved the story, the whole explanation of the imprinting, I liked Michale and oh, how I loved Jacob! :)

Thank you!
Obversa chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
Lovely. Absolutely lovely - puts my idea for a Leah happily-ever-after story to shame, but I enjoy this much more, and so far it is the best out there, hands-down. Your writing, and this story, has no equal.

Loved 'The Star Quilt' so much, and all of the research and detail you put into it, and will be sure to vote for C&I in the Indie Awards.
dmc123 chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
Wow...just, wow! This completely blew me away. So heart-warming and beautiful, I just love your writing.

I loved how you focused on Alice and Leah's relationship. Leah's character had such great potential in the books, but is often over looked in fan fiction. And same goes for Alice. She is usually just written as just a hyper person whose soul purpose is to style Bella and shop, when her character is so much more.

I loved Michael and Jasper's conversation. And I loved the ending where everyone was together representing the circle- seriously gave me chills. It's so nice to read that Leah got her happy ending, and you did it so wonderfully!
Joanne110 chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Once again, you managed to blow my mind, freaking incredible. I love Cowboys and Indians and this is a perfect companion to that. I got teary eyed towards the end. I'm so happy that you gave Leah the happy ending she deserves. Gotta love Alice ) Thanks for sharing your talent with us.
tnuccio chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Sweet Baby J Mini...that was beautiful beyond words. I loved C&I and this is just the most perfect caper on top of it. That was educational and emotion filled, loving and heart wrenching, it invoked tears...just beautiful.

Your writing is such a step above anyone elses in fandom. I'm honored to have read it.

Such a wonderful story!

And yes, I voted for you in the Indies, you Ally and Amy. You all deserve it so much!

Thank you for sharing.
xtapx chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
i didn't know that you posted a sequel to Cowboys and indians.

Leah having her happy ending was truly beautiful.

i have to admit that was just amazing. Going all the way to Nebraska. lol. It makes sense though. I like Michael...he seems really good for Leah. and I'm glad that you gave Alice and Leah this friendship because them together is just beautiful. I mean it makes sense that Alice would get along with Leah too right? Seeing as how alice is Jaspers perfect match and everything.

I don't know how you did it, but I loved it. I could actually see all of it BD of course.

Their is a part of this story that I couldn't get out of my head..."She laughs easily. She's stopped flinching when she hears the name Sam - or Jacob." Why does she flinch when she hears Jake's name? am i senseing some underlying blackwater here? [lol j/k]

SO does Leah ever find out if she can have kids? I would love to read about her wedding, but then again this was just the perfect ending, if you write more than I'm just gonna want to beg you for more writing. lol.

Again wonderful job! D
LJ4E chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
you have excellent writing skills. i love ur stories.
43 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »