Reviews for The Star Quilt
cabr chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
What a perfect complement to C&I. You just get the native-american culture and give it to us in spoonfuls. It is rich and so meaningful. It is a shame people have forgotten-or under appreciate-that heritage. I really like that Leah has grown into her own woman. That she took that leap of faith and took control of her life, not because she was angry or resentful, but because she felt it was her right. And her love for Jasper and her relationship with Alice are really nice and genuine. I totally LOVED the imagery of the quilt and the vest.

ANd that final poem is spectacular. Exactly what a marriage is. Balance and sacrifice-which really ARE love. I think people now a days get married because they want to feel things and they are infatuated. When you go into marriage realizing that love IS sacrifice and that you can have balance in life then you live a happy life. And there is no rain...

Thank you so much! And congrats regarding your noms at the indies. I already voted and I am sure your stories will go to round 2.

Are you thinking about writing more stories? I would really like to see what you think of E&B's relationship and how they have managed their eternity together.
Hope Shalott chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
An absolutely amazing sequel. I was so excited when this popped up in my emails because I loved C&I and this follow up didn't disappoint.

Jasper and Leah's relationship was the highlight for me. I love the idea of them finding something that they never really wanted or expected in each other and I love Alice's part in it too.

Such a fantastic story. Thank you for sharing.
A Quiet Chaos chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
You are amazing. I thought you couldn't GET any better after C&I, I thought that would be like, the epitome of how awesome you could get. I am so happy to say I was terribly wrong. This is AMAZING, I thoroughly enjoyed everything this story had to offer, and I wouldn't have wanted this any other way. I love how Alice and Leah became better friends, I love the way you described everything, and I love the little bet that Emmett and Edward made. I love how historically accurate you are, I really appreciate someone who has their facts straight. The only thing that I didn't like was how you spoke in third person, but I quickly got over it once I started getting into it. :)
sophia666 chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
beautiful story. and a lovely sequel to C&I. I'm loved every bit of it, especially how you expanded on Alice's relationship with Leah, and how Jasper is the father-figure in Leah's life, and how it's showed how much things have changed, and the element of American Indian culture. I liked Michael, too. and Nessie's brave-heart cry. great writing.
illereyn chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
Wow. Lovely as always, Minisinoo! I've read this twice already! I love how Leah slowly transforms from the bitter bitch that she was to this happy, fulfilled woman. This story is as much, if not more, about Leah's growing up as it is about the developing relationship between Alice and her, isn't it? I also learnt more about native American history. As you pointed out, it's awfully similar to Aboriginal history in Australia, and Darfur and the list goes on. I agree with Leah that economics is probably at the base of it somewhere; human greed is such an awful force to reckon with.

A few minor points: I believe you mispelt 'shit hit the fan' as 'fit hit the shan' (which was amusing, but I suspect unintentional) and 'vampire halfling' as 'vampire hafling'. Finally, what does TRiO stand for and does it have special implications? If it is really obvious, forgive me, I've never even been to America before.

Once again, thank you very much for the wonderful story! I enjoyed it very much. I also can't wait for the continuation of your HP fics!
Firefly-class chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
excellent sequel!
I WANT TO GO AWAY NOW chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Beautifully done. As someone who reads "Cowboys & Indians" on a regular basis, you can just imagine how much I adored this story. It was... so... just really, really good. There's so much that I love of this story that my mind turns to mush trying to articulate it.

(I'll try, though.)

You know what I think is really awesomely awesome, though (regarding your Leah stories)? It's how you utterly, completely integrate her culture with every other aspect of her life. It's something that is, deplorably, often lacking in other Leah-centric fanfiction (including mine). And perhaps it's kind of understandable: after all, pretty much every Leah writer can relate to her being a bitter, angst-ridden b!tch, but not everyone can relate to her being Indian. That's why your stories are so awesome, though: you refuse to place Leah the Quileute in the back seat, and you help teach us - in the way that SMeyer should have, but most likely couldn't have - that her heritage is not mutually exclusive from everything else. (And dude, that's just awesome.) I'm just really glad that there are writers like you who take the initiative to educate the masses in such a natural, wonderful, well-written way.

I know I had something else to tell you, too, but now I've forgotten. :facepalm: Ugh. Anyway, long story short: your fic(s) rocks.

Lady Dragona chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
This is a beautiful and touching story of love and acceptance. I enjoyed it as much as the first story. The bond between Jasper and Leah continues and tightens with the addition of Alice and Michael.
HaveFaithInMe chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Loved this story. It was very well told and it made you feel like you were there witnessing it. I love Leah and I am glad that in your story she was given a happy ending and friends that really understood her.
tamara0k chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
As always your story is outstanding! Well written with and rea;istic. I like the way you bring the Native American heritage into your writting.
Jacobleah chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Impressive. This story was beautifully told with all the Native American traditions interlaced. It was so original, nothing like I have read about Leah or the pack before. Usually I like her with Jacob but I think you created a perfect pairing with Michael.
Purple Fairies chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
Your writing style is such a breath of fresh air from what I find on this site - you are truly a gifted writer and I appreciate every word I read.
algonquinrt chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
Absolutely stunning, even if the end did kill me. I was just talking to a friend TODAY about how Leah never gets her HEA in fic after SM's treatment of her, so it's nice to see her here. I used the Salish prayer at my own wedding; fat load of good it did, but it's a beautiful prayer.
43 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3