Reviews for Family Portrait
CirceKat chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
This one is such a tearjerker. But it seems so in keeping with the characters' story. It can't end well with Ming being immortal and Jansen not.

I liked the flashback. Jansen is so in character fiddling with his clothes and acting awkward. Jansen would be impulsive and jump in front of Ming like that. I just wish their baby girl hadn't died-though it's not clear whether it was shot or Ming had a miscarriage.

Sad...but I liked the emotional impact of this one. Nice work!
Lord 0f Storms chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Oh, I love that, even if it was so incredibly sad! I remember you mentioned something about writing a story about Jansen's premature death, and I'm glad you did :) Though, Jansen, dying is so upsetting! But he did it for Ming and the unborn child - but the child died! There is no silver lining T_T

Nevermind, it's still wonderfully written, and I can truly feel the melancholy that's overwhelmed Ming. That said, I really like the funnies too - like Ming offering Jansen a spare dress, it helps accentuate the sadness of his passing. Right, I'm off to read your other one now!
Redrangerpower chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Aw man, that was sad. Exactly the kind of thing Jansen would do for Ming, but still sad. I do find it a little odd that Ming froze like that, but hey, heat of the moment can do strange things to folks. Great little one-shot buddy.
Mrs Kaim Argonar chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
O.O Jansen... NO!

That was slightly depressing but still... a good read. You really demonstarted the characters quite well.

Keep up the good work.

p.s. Are you gonna leave it as far as that?
DawningStar chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Well, that was depressing...you're not going to leave it there, are you? Poor Ming!

Very well done. *sniffles* I'm a little puzzled how the baby died, though. You wouldn't think Ming would have ordinary problems, and it looked like Jansen successfully protected them.

Hope you'll write more Lost Odyssey!