Reviews for As I Lay Dying
The.Right.Doctor chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
... You have really touched me with this story.

I loved Ianto after my first episode of Torchwood (which, if I remember correctly, was the Abbadon episode and then the rest of the episodes from there), and it killed me a little when he died.

But you have captured it so well, and you have captured the love between Jack and Ianto so well that I can't not love this.

I think my favorite line is "Because he knows Jack. And he knows this is the closest he'll ever come to saying, ' I love you'." because it's just so true and so bittersweet.

Thank you for writing this, even though it made me sad, it was wonderfully written.
B00k Freak chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
hiya, great story, well done, i'm just spreading the word that RTD won't even apologise for signing Ianto's death warrant
doctor-who-fangirl chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
It's a beautiful bit of television. And a fantastic episode, although I don't think I'm going to watch anymore without Ianto there. I can't watch a season 4. Gah! Lovely piece of writing, but it made me cry even more than I was before.
ca choel chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
aw, feeling the pain. jst barely got to see all of day four :)

kudos to people for posting it on utube
Vampire's Phoenix chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Beautiful. I live in America too and i saw the same clip. my sister wanted to call my parents becausei was crying so hard. Lovely fic!
Justasimplekidfrombrooklyn chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
i've come to the conclusion

this is almost as sad as the scene itself

and never listen to "if i die tomorrow" by motley crue when reading

just...

im sobbing again...it was brilliant!
insanereality710 chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Oh that brought tears to my eyes all over again! It was really well written - loved the memories.
wonderwoman082 chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
From another American girl who only saw just this particular scene. I want to say how beautiful this was written, Ianto and Janto will definitely be missed, but I won't give up hope that RTD or the writers will see the error of their ways and bring him and them back to us. My heart is heavy it's good to know there are others who feel the same, I'm going to try to get some sleep myself. Thank you for sharing your story with us.
OwlBee chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
S...SO BEAUTIFUL (*weeping*) Oh man, I thought I was done, but no. Here I go again!

Thanks for writing such a lovely story! We were so on the same wavelength!
treehouse kid chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
as an english person who watched it on tv, i feel great sympathy for you. i was sitting infront of the tv with tears running down my face. :(

i think you managed to still capture the moment, though i am desperatly praying for some miraculous happening...
myownwayx chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
That was beautiful and I feel like crying all over again.

I really really don't think he is dead though, some how i think they're going to bring him back! They have to!