Reviews for The Firebird
I Just Won A Free Toaster Oven chapter 1 . 5/16/2014
I liked this story. The characterizations seemed pretty accurate to me. (Sure, Francoise turns into a mess, but when ISN'T she upset over Joe getting hurt?)
Aseptic chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
This is excellent work, you have every right to be proud of this not-so-little-fic. :)

I think that any writer who has to contend with a large cast will always face the issue of balance, so the way you've considered every cyborg whilst maintaining character (sans cliches) is very refreshing.

Hope you add more things of this style to your repetoire soon. :)
ShivaVixen chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
long time no see . . . excellet fic, by the way.

Firebird . . . gee, wonder if it has anything to do with the phoenix?
Shadow of Astarael chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
:) LOVED IT! FAVOURITED IT! Characterization, concept, everything was wonderful! D: It's been so long since I read any Cyborg 009 fanfiction at all but this really gets me back in the mood B) I'll be waiting for more fantastic writing from you, so stay as awesome as ever!
ShimmeringRivers chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
EXCELLENT! this story is brilliantly done! and I think I can guess the title. 'Firebird' is another name for the Phoenix and when a phoenix dies it sets it's nest and itself alight and is then reborn from the ashes, that's the idea you had going with Joe. In my opinion, very very clever! I thoroughly enjoyed this story, it kept me reading the whole way through.

I definitely think that this is one of the better works I have read so far, most certainly better than my own, and I would recommend this to ANY fan of Cyborg 009 (especially the 9x3 fans XD like myself {what can I say, cannon is good})
inertbiscuit chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
I really enjoyed this piece, like you said, your focus on the characters working through the anguish after battle was great. It felt genuine from all the characters.

I also enjoyed how you worked in their thoughts wondering back to the battle, very sharp, quick, and bitter, like such an event would be. Nice job!
Meg chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
I love it! Please, give me permission to translate it in Italian!
Sybil Rowan chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
You did a wonderful job in this story. You fleshed out the characters and touched on everyone's emotions beautiful. It's refreshing to see someone talk about the ALL the cyborgs! That's what makes this a quality Cyborg 009 fan-fiction. BTW, you can take the standard approach to phoenix lore and say that there is rebirth and renewal by the end after a great tragedy, emotion wise. Nicely done.
Crystal Remnant chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Stunning, as usual ;)

I love how you weren't afraid to physically scar him - I know most people would freak at the thought of impeeding his appearance in any way. I think you captured the guilt perfectly as well, and as usual, look forward to reading more of your work.