Reviews for It Is Written
Melpomene Lee chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
This is an absolutely fabulous piece of literature! The whole thing makes me sad (yes, even the happy ending), but it's beautifully written, so it's a good kind of sad.

Melpomene
Confused Pumpkin chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
Firstly, I'd like to applaud you for writing 100 words per vignette. When I start writing, I can never seem to shut up, and I lack the ability to deliver things "short and sweet".

And now, for the tale itself. And what a glorious tale it is! Reading it, I can be thankful that none of those events happened, as all the five things that "might have been" are achingly bittersweet. My favorite has to be the one where Prince Rilian and the Lady of the Green Kirtle invade Narnia. It smells of mindless betrayal and parents' love and triumphant evil. Oh, but how horrible it must have been for Caspian and his star, to fight against their beloved, enslaved son!

Thirdly, the ending. It's a wonderful treasure, every single word, but especially this: "...suddenly he was before her, shy and boyish and hopeful." I think it captures a love-struck Caspian quite neatly.

You've given me a newfound appreciation for Ramandu's daughter. She used to be not even a name, just a brief passage, but now I want to know her story. Kudos to you, my friend.
A Mistake chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
Ah, bookverse!canon, a writer after my own heart. The vignettes are all wonderful, as the thread that binds the two of them are always palpable no matter which world they live in, as it should be. I always thought Ramandu's daughter should have gotten more lines in the story, but you've filled her canon lack of details very well.

I remember I had a hard time holding in my disbelief when the movie pulled the Susan/Caspian angle. Does a holiday blockbuster aimed at teenagers _really_ have to have at least one romance stuffed into it, no matter how not-canon? Alright, I'm rambling, let the movieverse exist in its own bubble as long as they don't encroach bookverse. I have to say that to see Caspian and Ramandu's Daughter side-by-side as Narnia falls under the assault of the Lady in Green and her Knight as wonderfully bittersweet. They may not always end up together, but there is an understated depth to them.

Thanks for writing this.
lunawannabe chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
This is very late, but I saw it on the NFFR site, read it, and just had to review.

This was very beautiful. There are no "fluffy" words, and I loved the what-ifs, some with RD/Caspian some without. I especially loved the one where she is a star again and looking down at Caspian, though the others were wonderful too. I like how with each the entire destinies of the characters were changed by a single choice, it was such an interesting concept to explore.

Basically, this is wonderful. Adding this to my faves. Amazing job.

Luna
IrishSongBird chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
This is a really beautiful piece. Each word is chosen so carefully - there is no excess, but there's also nothing lacking. It's unique, it's wonderfully written, and it's got that ethereal quality that I really love when it comes to the star's daughter. I loved it, in short. :)
Schmo and Sushi chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
I like this. I like it a lot. In fact, I like it so much that I'm recommending it to be added to the Narnia Fan Fiction Revolution directory, AND adding it to my own favorites page!

I really enjoyed the what-ifs and could-have-beens, especially since we know they didn't happen, and our enjoyment of the drama and your pristine writing is sweetened with relief.

Overall, a perfect little morsel, a sip of lemonade on a hot summer day. Not too demanding of the reader, but satisfying and pleasant and refreshing. Fantastic job!

Sushi
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
I loved all of those things, how things could have been. The forth one I found particularly sad - son against parents. Very well written. :)
humanthesaurus chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
that was wonderufl & sweet & exactly realistic, I thought. nice job!
Deandra chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Yes, definitely time to reread the entire Chronicles again. I finally did last year, so I do vaguely remember this story, but I'm sure your efforts are even more moving when I have the "facts" firmly in mind. The alternate possibilities are quite powerful, but I do like the happy ending of what was! Will be interesting to see what Hollywood does with this book...

- Deandra
BittersweetSummer chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
This is wonderful. Beyond words. I heart you.

The first situation made me tear up a little when I read about her waiting for him. How sad...

I admire your writing. It's beautiful, the way you describe each situation. I love how things can drastically change, just from one decision. It's fate.

I agree with you on the Suspian concept. I am also a firm believer in canon, but I have exceptions, of course.

And yes, I'm glad none of that happened. And it's wonderful how you gave life to characters (namely Ramandu's daughter) that weren't mentioned much in the series. This embodies what I love about fanfiction... It's fics like these that make me want to scour the internet for another as well-written as this. (Though I doubt that I can find any more.)

I hope you write more about this pairing in the future. It was a brilliant story. Love love love.

:D
Miss Pookamonga chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
Oh, yes, I am extremely glad none of those other things happened to them LOL...but I love how you wrote them anyway, showing just how simply things could have gone differently with a tiny change, and how blessed the two of them were that none of it actually happened that way. I love your characterization of Ramandu's Daughter, however brief-it did make her feel more real. Beautiful job ;)

Luv,

Miss Pookamonga ;-P
viennacantabile chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
this made me tear up. absolutely gorgeous. thank you, thank you, for writing this wonderful fic.

::adds to favorites::
Lirenel chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Oh, so good! I love how you wrote the poignant possibilities. It's makes the real thing so much better. And thank you *so much* for not writing this Suspian.

Great job!
narniagirl chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Good job! I enjoyed this story. Caspian/RD is such a refreshing change from all the Suspian fics around here. :)