Reviews for As the World Falls Down
sherlockedandlokied chapter 27 . 10/3
I loved this. It took me a day to read it completely and I adored it
Boogey chapter 27 . 9/17
This story is incredibly well written. For those of you who are reading the reviews and deciding for yourself if this is worth reading - You will not be disappointed.

Words alone can not express how much I enjoyed reading this! I am captivated, spell bound, moved and awe-inspired by the sheer brilliance of this story. Thank you.
CharlieBoneFan chapter 27 . 9/4
Oh my goodness! It was amazing!
KookieDoll chapter 27 . 6/24
This is a beautifully and cleverly written story, with what looks like a unique take on Sarah's and Jareth's characters and relationship, except... it's so closely based on KL Morgans's 'A Forfeit of Dreams' (completed in 2003) that it reads like a reworking of that seminal and, for me, definitive fanfic. Nothing wrong with reworking stories, but 'Forfeit' hasn't been credited anywhere by the author!

The similarities are everywhere: Sarah acting in a play that reminds her of her first Labyrinth adventure; a guy involved in the play fancying her; both Sarah and the said guy ending up in the Labyrinth as a result of Jareth's scheming; Jareth eventually revealing his true feelings for Sarah not to her but during a conversation with the guy; a new peach dream shared by the three of them; the final confrontation involving the three of them with Sarah snatching Jareth's pendant; the Goblin King reborn as a human; Sarah coming across the cool Bowie-esque human Jareth in a club where she hears him sing... And the whole (wonderful) idea that Jareth does love Sarah but is very uncomfortable with it and despises himself - and Sarah - for it... All lifted straight from KL Morgan.

There are surely some lovely original ideas here, in Iavas' work. The fairy-tale themes woven throughout are a delight to uncover, and Jareth's very angsty background story gives depth to his character. Undoubtedly, the author is a very skilled, smart and knowledgeable writer with a great way with words. But I couldn't help feeling a very strong sense of dejà vu while reading 'As the World Falls Down'.

In the event some readers haven't read 'A Forfeit of Dreams' - it really is a must-read, thoroughly magical, enchanting, heartbreakingly beautiful and very dark - it has been pulled from and can currently be found on the Archive of Our Own website.
Agrestic chapter 27 . 3/27
Oh my god. That was so amazing. I read the whole thing in one sitting. Beautiful.
Zatara1324 chapter 16 . 2/21
I keep seeing "The Princess Bride" in this! You made my day referencing "East of the Sun, West of the Moon" by the way :D
yvonnecarden1959 chapter 27 . 2/15
Hi There
hope you will carry on with writing these sarah & jareth king ? Books
BRILLIANT cant wait
yvonnecarden1959 chapter 20 . 2/15
This is Brilliant please , please do not stop writing
I really enjoyed this story. I loved the various fairy tales that you incorporated and how you wove them together to create a magnificent backstory for Jareth, giving out little bits of the story out over time. Thank you for a great piece of work.
Guest chapter 27 . 10/18/2015
very sorry for my latest mean review. Your story left the point too often for me to enjoy. but it was well written and a good story if you're into that sort of thing
Guest chapter 27 . 10/18/2015
Okay sorry for my mean review. This story is well written and very good in parts- I just found in irritating to follow as it constantly left the plot to reference other stories and quotes- I wanted so much for it to get to the point that I stuck with it to the end and the end was so simple that it made me very angry. I'm sorry though- it is a good story for people who are into that sort of writing.
Guest chapter 27 . 10/18/2015
Holy fuck worst story ever un original manotice bull shit that went on forever how did I tolart this shit. Absolute crap
KTBaby19 chapter 1 . 7/29/2015
This was amazing. It was extremely well written, and just...beautiful. I'm in love with this story. Please please PLEASE tell me that a sequel is a possibility!
loverofanime41302 chapter 20 . 4/25/2015
YAAAS THEY KISSED! *fangirls excessively* asdfghjkl! I ship it so MUCH, doe!
loverofanime41302 chapter 6 . 4/25/2015
OMG your descriptions are so vivid! I find MYSELF getting lost in Jareth's eyes while reading!