Reviews for As the World Falls Down
olya.lola.addams chapter 27 . 11/5
Oh my God! Thank you for the magic work! Thank you, thousands of times thank you! There are no words that could convey my gratitude to you! Successes to you in creativity!
With love and strong embraces!
Lylabeth 1 chapter 27 . 10/25
You really should writea story about jareth and sarah revovering their kingdom but as its been eight years dont think we’ll be hesring from you again.
Lylabeth 1 chapter 27 . 10/25
Okay, you are somewhat redeemed with this chapter, but I prefer the goblin king and Sarah to be his, as we all know she is. Not just two humans who will grow old and die, pooh on that and this tale of woe some mundanity.
Lylabeth 1 chapter 26 . 10/25
Now I've read it there are so many flaws in this stoty I'm rather tepid about the entire thing.
Lylabeth 1 chapter 21 . 10/25
While this is a good story it is also confusing and often loses its with HONORIA GRANGER,YOU MAKE REFENCES TO MANT THINGS MOST READERS DONT KNOW AND THEREFORE CANT FOLLOW THE WAY U JUMP ABOUT. .
Lylabeth 1 chapter 2 . 10/24
Dont pay any attention that some of your reviewers compare this to other people’s work, some . People long gone from fanfiction who hoped to be writers, but didnt make the grade. This is your story and its delightfully good.
Kai chapter 27 . 6/5
Have to agree with KookieDoll; this story is pretty similar to KL_Morgan's 'A Forfeit of Dreams.' I do like some of your unique takes on the tale - especially Death and the Mother/Ice Queen. But the descriptions of clothing are a bit over the top. It's like a full paragraph devoted to their attire after every scene change. Still, well written and enjoyable.
Miss-B-Haven-doll chapter 27 . 10/3/2016
I loved this. It took me a day to read it completely and I adored it
Boogey chapter 27 . 9/17/2016
This story is incredibly well written. For those of you who are reading the reviews and deciding for yourself if this is worth reading - You will not be disappointed.

Words alone can not express how much I enjoyed reading this! I am captivated, spell bound, moved and awe-inspired by the sheer brilliance of this story. Thank you.
CharlieBoneFan chapter 27 . 9/4/2016
Oh my goodness! It was amazing!
KookieDoll chapter 27 . 6/24/2016
This is a beautifully and cleverly written story, with what looks like a unique take on Sarah's and Jareth's characters and relationship, except... it's so closely based on KL Morgans's 'A Forfeit of Dreams' (completed in 2003) that it reads like a reworking of that seminal and, for me, definitive fanfic. Nothing wrong with reworking stories, but 'Forfeit' hasn't been credited anywhere by the author!

The similarities are everywhere: Sarah acting in a play that reminds her of her first Labyrinth adventure; a guy involved in the play fancying her; both Sarah and the said guy ending up in the Labyrinth as a result of Jareth's scheming; Jareth eventually revealing his true feelings for Sarah not to her but during a conversation with the guy; a new peach dream shared by the three of them; the final confrontation involving the three of them with Sarah snatching Jareth's pendant; the Goblin King reborn as a human; Sarah coming across the cool Bowie-esque human Jareth in a club where she hears him sing... And the whole (wonderful) idea that Jareth does love Sarah but is very uncomfortable with it and despises himself - and Sarah - for it... All lifted straight from KL Morgan.

There are surely some lovely original ideas here, in Iavas' work. The fairy-tale themes woven throughout are a delight to uncover, and Jareth's very angsty background story gives depth to his character. Undoubtedly, the author is a very skilled, smart and knowledgeable writer with a great way with words. But I couldn't help feeling a very strong sense of dejà vu while reading 'As the World Falls Down'.

In the event some readers haven't read 'A Forfeit of Dreams' - it really is a must-read, thoroughly magical, enchanting, heartbreakingly beautiful and very dark - it has been pulled from and can currently be found on the Archive of Our Own website.
Agrestic chapter 27 . 3/27/2016
Oh my god. That was so amazing. I read the whole thing in one sitting. Beautiful.
Zatara1324 chapter 16 . 2/21/2016
I keep seeing "The Princess Bride" in this! You made my day referencing "East of the Sun, West of the Moon" by the way :D
yvonnecarden1959 chapter 27 . 2/15/2016