Reviews for Blood of the Daedra
Narg chapter 5 . 2/5/2013
You have demonstrated a knack for the "vindictive daedra" concept. Its very entertaining, watching as Daedric artifacts ruin and then end the lives of mortals.
Narg chapter 4 . 2/5/2013
That is the most ... trivial ... use of a daedric artifact I have yet come across, particularly as the intended reason for acquiring the artifact. I mean, it makes sense, it should work, and there is a lot of potential for this sort of sideways thinking, but I still can't stop myself from giggling at how pathetically simple a use that potent daedric artifact is being put.
Guest chapter 3 . 6/27/2012
Um... Wow. Chapter three gave me chills. You have won an internet. I love you.
DualKatanas chapter 3 . 4/27/2011
Again, a good chapter. I always did wonder what went on behind those closed doors in Riverview... that said, this thoroughly unsubtle Champion doesn't seem to be the type to be the wielder of the Skeleton Key. Judging by his mannerisms, I'd say it'd be more likely for him to batter the door down...

And of all the places she chooses to break into... hmm, maybe the Skeleton Key rejected the Champion by begging to be stolen, but then deemed this nameless thief unworthy, so rejected her as well. Very devious of it. And fitting.
DualKatanas chapter 2 . 4/21/2011
Heh, not bad, seems that the mage's most hated attribute - clumsiness - actually brought him happiness - of a kind - after a while. The fact that one of the most brilliant minds ever to have walked Tamriel was then put to use for nothing more than eating and crapping also strikes me as ironic...

Sheogorath's quest in the middle seemed a bit rushed, but I guess you had to get the mage's backstory in, then have him getting Wabbajack, so it was pretty unavoidable. Overall, though, I'd say this style of writing definitely suits this sort of... thing. And, of course, ingame Wabbajack doesn't work on humans, or its wielder, but I've always hated people chaining fics to game mechanics. This is good and believable, not to mention humourous.
DualKatanas chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
Hmm... short, but good. Interesting concept, as well. I particularly like he effectively extended the dog's companionship with him by killing it, keeping its soul around for years longer than it naturally would have.

It's also VERY ironic that it's the enchantment gained from his own dog's soul that kills him. Not a happy ending, but, then, I'm not particularly a fan of happy endings. All very well-written for what it is, and I'll read the rest when I get time... and time, in my opinion, is more valuable than any daedric atrefact. Predictably, I never have much of it.
GYR0 chapter 5 . 4/17/2011
I really enjoyed reading this.

I was half expecting the stories to have typical and predictable endings, but I couldn't predict a single one of the endings. You also did a good job at showing the negative effects daedric artifacts can have on their users.

The only thing that bugged me a little is that the Wabbajack's effects are only temporary, so the Mage in your story wouldn't be affected permanently, but he still probably would have still suffered a blow to his ego when he transformed back.

But I still really enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing it!
Pale White Shadow chapter 5 . 4/17/2011
I like people addressing mages and magicka, I really do. And I like the moral of the story in this, that you shouldn't focus making yourself good in one particular area. He was the mage killer, and he was felled by a single arrow. That's a damn shame. He forgot all about the physical world. Poor bastard. Please keep this up, I really do enjoy these one shots.
Pale White Shadow chapter 4 . 4/17/2011
Clever... with an actual happy ending, I'm almost shocked. So far most of the characters have been killed off. And I never thought about the Skull being used like that. That is ingenious. But why is there a skull on my mantle? So I can eat cereal out of it, now get out of my bathroom.
Pale White Shadow chapter 3 . 4/17/2011
I really liked the idea that the Champion would be... well, what he really should have been. Guy was in prison somehow right? Most people portray him (her, whatever) as someone noble, but... he was in prison for SOMETHING, right? Maybe he was a serial killer. Maybe something worse than that (use your imagination and shudder). Obviously not apart of any of the Cyrodiil guilds, or the Brotherhood, but... this is going to drive me nuts. Why would we play as a convicted felon the whole game? Then again he doesn't even know why he's in jail either... mix-up maybe? But I digress, I like your apparently barbarian Champion ("more power than sense", I liked that line). Also, Lucien Lachance is awesome. What a way to go...
Pale White Shadow chapter 2 . 4/17/2011
That's a... happy ending... I guess? I really enjoyed that one, that was such a twist. Personally I thought the mage was whiny, arrogant, and just overall stuck-up (which was probably the whole point) and I must say I have the same humor to find that he turned into a sheep. I'm also just going to NOT point out that Wabbajack's effect only lasts for so long and doesn't work on humans because it just works so well with the story. Very nice job.
Pale White Shadow chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Damn... that was haunting if I could be allowed to use that pun.
Salzab chapter 5 . 4/16/2011
Nice set of well written short stories, love it! Well rounded thanks to happy as well as not so happy outcomes for the daedric relic owners.
xogs chapter 5 . 4/15/2011
Wow, how have I not read these before. I love this!
Wolfox6 chapter 5 . 4/14/2011
Very nice! Though I *loved* the chapter about the witch, this is my favourite...that he could have survived his wound had he only relinquished his hold on Spellbreaker; the terror of losing a treasure is all too easy to see when from the outside looking in.

Wonderfully done!