Reviews for KK: The Rise & Fall Book 2 Part 1: Birth of a Jedi
Jhotenko chapter 5 . 12/2/2015
So, Kyle sticks his foot in his mouth, and I guess Jan figure it looked like fun? I find it amusing how you have them constantly getting closer, then pushing each other away. I imagine Mon Mothma is quite aware, and only puts up with it because they get the job done oh so well.
Jhotenko chapter 4 . 12/2/2015
You know, giving Kyle a grapnel is brilliant really. The number of times I've leaped down from impossibly high up, it's a wonder Kyle from the games doesn't have permanently shattered legs.

If Kyle is capable of all this right now, I wonder how you'll be writing him once he truly begins to use the force intentionally. Not to mention what he'll be capable of once he gets Rahn's lightsaber.
Jhotenko chapter 3 . 12/2/2015
I have to say, the story is so much more engaging when I have the level fresh in my memory. I know exactly where Kyle is, and what he's up against.

I really like how you've integrated the civilians in to the story, instead of having them just be in the background.

The dark side is seductive, and I admit I often play as a dark jedi. I'm looking forward to seeing how closely you follow the game. Jan could be in serious trouble if Kyle doesn't reign in his dark tendencies.

Onward to chase after 8t88's arm.
Jhotenko chapter 2 . 11/24/2015
Ah 8t88 you naughty droid. Shame that Kyle isn't the one to take him out. Unless of course you break from the game's canon.

Since Jedi Knight was my game, I'll be playing it between chapters. So far you're having Kyle do some of the things I always do, like shooting out those neon signs. Great way to find at least one secret area.
Jhotenko chapter 1 . 11/24/2015
In a single scene, I think you managed more characterization of the dark jedi that in the entirety of the game. Well done.
Enaek chapter 30 . 4/2/2010
AWW..shanesnest why do you haf't to go and do this to us man? lookin foward to the next chapped page.(lol)
Phygmalion chapter 30 . 4/2/2010
So... Luke and Kyle are teaming up for this mission? That's different, but it will be interesting to see how you make this work out.

Great job on this chapter, especially in detailing how Luke was training Kyle in how to use his new abilities. It seemed very natural and realistic to me.

Sorry this is such a short review, but I am completely wiped out right now. It doesn't mean that you wrote a bad chapter, just that I'm not in the mindset of a good reviewer. Until next time!

Good luck on the next book!
Manus Dei chapter 30 . 4/2/2010
You always manage to keep me entertained and make me laugh out loud at the same time. I can't wait to see Jan's reaction to the latest developments. And I get the feeling this mission is going to be fun. I hope Kyle won't need to spend more time in sickbay after this though. But since he's the Chuck Norris of Star Wars, he'll just bounce right back up.
Ovall Aocrog chapter 30 . 4/2/2010
All right, Kyle's finally out of sickbay, and is soon gonna start kicking ass! I can't wait, especially now that Luke's gonna be fighting alongside him, no waiting for an Outcast story for us!

Hahahaha! Wee Gee lying to that medical droid was great, and the, "there is the matter of your bill" reminded me that Kyle's lucky that he doesn't go to an actual hospital where he'd have to pay, I can see it now... Jan wheels Kyle in, Doc: "Back again huh?'' Jan: ''Are you actually happy he's here?" Doc: "Lady, he's putting my kids through college!'' I'm surprised Luke hasn't taught Kyle Force Heal yet, you gotta work that in soon, first power I always choose in these types of games.

All in all, another good chapter that leaves me wanting more.

Keep up the great work!
Tinuviel Undomiel chapter 30 . 4/2/2010
Hmm, something tells me Jan won't be happy when she finds out that Kyle is going on a mission with Luke. Poor girl might feel like she is being replaced, though I imagine Jan is a lot prettier to look at than Luke, LOL.

A good chap, I'm looking forward to the mission. I'm glad that Kyle is out of sickbay though he'll probably be back there in the next chapter. Poor guy should just bring a hospital with him when he goes on missions. I do like the developing friendship between Luke and Kyle. As my sister has always said, those two have a lot in common. Honestly, I imagine that Kyle is essentially who Luke would have been had Luke gone to the Imperial Academy.

As for my day, it could have been better. My sister and I walked about two miles to the movie theater to see Clash of the Titans and now Sam Worthington owes us both eight bucks for seeing that crappy movie. I recommend skipping it. Your update really perked up my day, thank you.
Nerwen Aldarion chapter 30 . 4/2/2010
Ah yes finally some action soon!

Can't wait, I really loved Kyle and Luke's lessons on the Force, seemed natural and realistic. Obviously they started small and Kyel is beginning to figure out how to tap into his Jedi Powers.

So Kyle is FINALlY out of the sickbay, it's about flipping time. Of course we all know he'll go back again...and again...and again... LOL he really should just live there.

I'm surprised that Jan wasn't involved with the talk with Mon Mothma, I thought for sure they would include her in these talks. I'm also surprised that Jan wasn't there when Kyle got out of the infirmary.

I hope things will be good with them soon.
Manus Dei chapter 29 . 3/18/2010
Another great chapter. For some reason I'm getting mental images of Luke training the twins. Now that would be funny. I wonder how long Kyle and Jan are going to keep playing this game. They can't fool those three, and it's only a matter of time before someone catches them. Also, I wonder what WeeGee was doing during this time.
Phygmalion chapter 29 . 3/18/2010
You know, if you ever decide to resurrect Vinial, I know this marvelous form of execution involving concertina wire, jumper cables, and - oh wait, never mind. Don't want to make you lose your lunch.

Good job on this chapter. I loved how you had Jan's friends come together to help her out from Vinial's rampage. I can relate to that - I've had some problems as of late involving relationships, and the only things that got me through that were God and the support of certain of my friends, so I can relate to what Jan went through - sans the assault and vandalism, of course. :-)

Anywhoo, great job, and I'm looking forward to Kyle getting back in fighting shape to go take on 8t88 and Gorc and Pic, the Brothers of the Sith.

A little background on Gorc and Pic - Gorc is a forcibly mutated Gamorrean, and Pic is a mutated Kawokian monkey-lizard. Both of them were experiments of Agent Black Hole, the Emperor's personal "monster-maker." Pic's full name is Picaroon C. Boodle, they share a symbiotic link through the Force, and Pic often rides on Gorc. In combat, Gorc uses Force Grip to immobilize an opponent, while Pic jumps in close and carves them up.

Again, great job! I'm going on a trip to Washington, D.C., this week, so I won't be able to keep up for a while. In the meantime, good skill (for there's no such thing as luck) :)
Ovall Aocrog chapter 29 . 3/18/2010
Ok, this chapter was interesting as it shows a little more character development, I think, but to me, it was kinda boring because, as Tinuviel and Nerwen mention, it was a girly chapter and I'm a guy and hoped the main plot would continue. But that's just me and I had to remind myself that Kyle is still injured.

That damn Vinial, she just had to cause more problems before her death, just to make us hate her more, which I'm fine with. When I saw the ''You chose him over me'' I just went ugh what a jerk. It would have been interesting to see different scenarios for how the other characters would've hurt her. I can picture Wee Gee torching her, Plana pounding her while Restall holds her, Tinuviel and Nerwen kicking her ass, then Wineglass putting her in an airlock. Me, I'd put her in acid.. slowly, then the airlock.

But on a lighter note, I did find the "?" and "!" funny, it was like an anime or Metal Gear Solid, just cracked me up. Also, Wineglass and the twins having that sleepover, without Jan knowing, made me go "... Ok that was a little awkward."

Anyways, keep up the great work!
Tinuviel Undomiel chapter 29 . 3/18/2010
LOL, this was a such a girly chapter, I can't believe you, a guy, wrote this! Aw, but I love girly stuff so I certainly enjoyed this bit of fluff.

So Vinial boiled the bunny, poor Jan. It would certainly suck to come home to a trashed apartment. Beyond pictures of her a Kyle, I imagine she may have lost other important artifacts. Maybe even things that belonged to her family. My heart went out to her.

Kyle sensed Jan's pain! That is so cool! That must mean they have some deep connection with her somehow, kind of like the bond between Revan and Bastila in Knights of the Old Republic.

I MET LUKE SKYWALKER! I MET LUKE SKYWALKER! My dream is complete, now I may die...wait I haven't met Han Solo yet. Sorry, looks like I'll be sticking around. I'm sure your crushed, LOL.

I especially liked the girl talk scenes at the end. Not only did a lot of what had Tinuviel say, I would actually say, but you showed that Jan, despite having guts and hard edge, does have a soft side. It's a shame I didn't get to catch Jan kissing Kyle. I totally would have snapped a photo and sent it to every single person on the Intrepid. Wouldn't that have been an eyeful for Mon Mothma.

I really did like the scene with Luke and Jan in the previous chapter. Not only was it a good bonding moment for them since I know they eventually become good friends, but also Jan is going to be really mad at Kyle when she does believe the truth since he didn't have the guts to tell her himself. An excellent choice, I must say. Not surprising since you are a brilliant writer.

Thanks for the early update, it really made my day. Of course now you've got me begging for more!