Reviews for KK: The Rise & Fall Book 2 Part 1: Birth of a Jedi
Enaek chapter 30 . 4/2/2010
AWW..shanesnest why do you haf't to go and do this to us man? lookin foward to the next chapped page.(lol)
Phygmalion chapter 30 . 4/2/2010
So... Luke and Kyle are teaming up for this mission? That's different, but it will be interesting to see how you make this work out.

Great job on this chapter, especially in detailing how Luke was training Kyle in how to use his new abilities. It seemed very natural and realistic to me.

Sorry this is such a short review, but I am completely wiped out right now. It doesn't mean that you wrote a bad chapter, just that I'm not in the mindset of a good reviewer. Until next time!

Good luck on the next book!
Manus Dei chapter 30 . 4/2/2010
You always manage to keep me entertained and make me laugh out loud at the same time. I can't wait to see Jan's reaction to the latest developments. And I get the feeling this mission is going to be fun. I hope Kyle won't need to spend more time in sickbay after this though. But since he's the Chuck Norris of Star Wars, he'll just bounce right back up.
Ovall Aocrog chapter 30 . 4/2/2010
All right, Kyle's finally out of sickbay, and is soon gonna start kicking ass! I can't wait, especially now that Luke's gonna be fighting alongside him, no waiting for an Outcast story for us!

Hahahaha! Wee Gee lying to that medical droid was great, and the, "there is the matter of your bill" reminded me that Kyle's lucky that he doesn't go to an actual hospital where he'd have to pay, I can see it now... Jan wheels Kyle in, Doc: "Back again huh?'' Jan: ''Are you actually happy he's here?" Doc: "Lady, he's putting my kids through college!'' I'm surprised Luke hasn't taught Kyle Force Heal yet, you gotta work that in soon, first power I always choose in these types of games.

All in all, another good chapter that leaves me wanting more.

Keep up the great work!
Tinuviel Undomiel chapter 30 . 4/2/2010
Hmm, something tells me Jan won't be happy when she finds out that Kyle is going on a mission with Luke. Poor girl might feel like she is being replaced, though I imagine Jan is a lot prettier to look at than Luke, LOL.

A good chap, I'm looking forward to the mission. I'm glad that Kyle is out of sickbay though he'll probably be back there in the next chapter. Poor guy should just bring a hospital with him when he goes on missions. I do like the developing friendship between Luke and Kyle. As my sister has always said, those two have a lot in common. Honestly, I imagine that Kyle is essentially who Luke would have been had Luke gone to the Imperial Academy.

As for my day, it could have been better. My sister and I walked about two miles to the movie theater to see Clash of the Titans and now Sam Worthington owes us both eight bucks for seeing that crappy movie. I recommend skipping it. Your update really perked up my day, thank you.
Nerwen Aldarion chapter 30 . 4/2/2010
Ah yes finally some action soon!

Can't wait, I really loved Kyle and Luke's lessons on the Force, seemed natural and realistic. Obviously they started small and Kyel is beginning to figure out how to tap into his Jedi Powers.

So Kyle is FINALlY out of the sickbay, it's about flipping time. Of course we all know he'll go back again...and again...and again... LOL he really should just live there.

I'm surprised that Jan wasn't involved with the talk with Mon Mothma, I thought for sure they would include her in these talks. I'm also surprised that Jan wasn't there when Kyle got out of the infirmary.

I hope things will be good with them soon.
Manus Dei chapter 29 . 3/18/2010
Another great chapter. For some reason I'm getting mental images of Luke training the twins. Now that would be funny. I wonder how long Kyle and Jan are going to keep playing this game. They can't fool those three, and it's only a matter of time before someone catches them. Also, I wonder what WeeGee was doing during this time.
Phygmalion chapter 29 . 3/18/2010
You know, if you ever decide to resurrect Vinial, I know this marvelous form of execution involving concertina wire, jumper cables, and - oh wait, never mind. Don't want to make you lose your lunch.

Good job on this chapter. I loved how you had Jan's friends come together to help her out from Vinial's rampage. I can relate to that - I've had some problems as of late involving relationships, and the only things that got me through that were God and the support of certain of my friends, so I can relate to what Jan went through - sans the assault and vandalism, of course. :-)

Anywhoo, great job, and I'm looking forward to Kyle getting back in fighting shape to go take on 8t88 and Gorc and Pic, the Brothers of the Sith.

A little background on Gorc and Pic - Gorc is a forcibly mutated Gamorrean, and Pic is a mutated Kawokian monkey-lizard. Both of them were experiments of Agent Black Hole, the Emperor's personal "monster-maker." Pic's full name is Picaroon C. Boodle, they share a symbiotic link through the Force, and Pic often rides on Gorc. In combat, Gorc uses Force Grip to immobilize an opponent, while Pic jumps in close and carves them up.

Again, great job! I'm going on a trip to Washington, D.C., this week, so I won't be able to keep up for a while. In the meantime, good skill (for there's no such thing as luck) :)
Ovall Aocrog chapter 29 . 3/18/2010
Ok, this chapter was interesting as it shows a little more character development, I think, but to me, it was kinda boring because, as Tinuviel and Nerwen mention, it was a girly chapter and I'm a guy and hoped the main plot would continue. But that's just me and I had to remind myself that Kyle is still injured.

That damn Vinial, she just had to cause more problems before her death, just to make us hate her more, which I'm fine with. When I saw the ''You chose him over me'' I just went ugh what a jerk. It would have been interesting to see different scenarios for how the other characters would've hurt her. I can picture Wee Gee torching her, Plana pounding her while Restall holds her, Tinuviel and Nerwen kicking her ass, then Wineglass putting her in an airlock. Me, I'd put her in acid.. slowly, then the airlock.

But on a lighter note, I did find the "?" and "!" funny, it was like an anime or Metal Gear Solid, just cracked me up. Also, Wineglass and the twins having that sleepover, without Jan knowing, made me go "... Ok that was a little awkward."

Anyways, keep up the great work!
Tinuviel Undomiel chapter 29 . 3/18/2010
LOL, this was a such a girly chapter, I can't believe you, a guy, wrote this! Aw, but I love girly stuff so I certainly enjoyed this bit of fluff.

So Vinial boiled the bunny, poor Jan. It would certainly suck to come home to a trashed apartment. Beyond pictures of her a Kyle, I imagine she may have lost other important artifacts. Maybe even things that belonged to her family. My heart went out to her.

Kyle sensed Jan's pain! That is so cool! That must mean they have some deep connection with her somehow, kind of like the bond between Revan and Bastila in Knights of the Old Republic.

I MET LUKE SKYWALKER! I MET LUKE SKYWALKER! My dream is complete, now I may die...wait I haven't met Han Solo yet. Sorry, looks like I'll be sticking around. I'm sure your crushed, LOL.

I especially liked the girl talk scenes at the end. Not only did a lot of what had Tinuviel say, I would actually say, but you showed that Jan, despite having guts and hard edge, does have a soft side. It's a shame I didn't get to catch Jan kissing Kyle. I totally would have snapped a photo and sent it to every single person on the Intrepid. Wouldn't that have been an eyeful for Mon Mothma.

I really did like the scene with Luke and Jan in the previous chapter. Not only was it a good bonding moment for them since I know they eventually become good friends, but also Jan is going to be really mad at Kyle when she does believe the truth since he didn't have the guts to tell her himself. An excellent choice, I must say. Not surprising since you are a brilliant writer.

Thanks for the early update, it really made my day. Of course now you've got me begging for more!
Nerwen Aldarion chapter 29 . 3/18/2010
I fully admit that I spent most of this chapter giggling like fangirl!

Wow you really touched your inner feminine side with this chapter, GIRL POWER! I half expected a manicure and day at the spa...kidding! Still it was pretty girly but not going into the shopping trip did butch it up. LOL, I did have a funny image of Jan shopping, my sister would have been nuts over shoes and clothes while I tried to sneak away to a video game store!

Okay, my reaction to the chapter:

Wow did you watch Fatal Attraction before writing this chapter? Vinial totally pulled a Glenn Close and boiled the bunny. I'm not sad she's gone one little bit, I only wished I had been the one to do the honors.

Totally loved angsty Jan, I'm a sucker for a emotion so there isn't any surprise there.

I MET LUKE! How awesome is that? I'm surprised I didn't faint dead away and I'm sure my roommates aren't happy when I started squealing... I don't mind meeting the last hope of the JEdi Knights, that is probably one of the coolest things ever!

HAHAHA we are corrupting Wineglass, soon she'll be finishing all of our sentences together too!

Tinuviel and I still won't give up on Kyle and Jan, we never will you know. Soon we will be figuring out ways to spy on them to see if they are together, that or trying to come up with ways to "accidently" catch them alone LOL. Restraining orders might be necessary soon.

I hope Kyle gets better quickly. I don't know how much more insane stalkers I can take. Hopefully he'll tell Jan that he really is a Jedi soon too *hint hint*

Until next week!

Nerwen
Tinuviel Undomiel chapter 28 . 3/14/2010
Wow, you actually had me do something I never expected and that was: gasping like six times during the fight with She Who Shall Not Be Named and then actually shouting "I HATE YOU SHANESNEST!" When Kyle got stabbed in the heart. I think in my little drinking came, that means I have to down a whole bottle of root beer in one swig because he got STABBED IN THE FREAKING HEART! Oh my gosh, that is crazy right there. Kyle is way more powerful than Luke if he can get stabbed in the heart and survive. Heck, he's more powerful than Anakin and he was the Chosen One.

LOL, I do not hate you, despite how many times I muttered it while I surmised the damage She Who Shall Not Be Named, had done. I actually had to remind myself "Kyle can't die, this is his story. If he dies the story is over and then I will have to hunt down my friend Shanesnest and hang him upside down by his toe nails." I was never more happy than when She Who Shall Not Be Named exploded in a brilliant ball of fire. It was the the Nine Hells of Corellia were sending her their personal invitation.

So Jan finally knows the truth...sorta. I didn't expect Luke to tell her, but I like it. Kyle sure wasn't going to do it, the little scaredy cat, so it was up to Luke Skywalker, savior of the galaxy, to tell her. I wasn't surprised that Jan didn't believe him. It'd pretty hard to imagine, but also I'm sure she would be afraid that he would no longer be able to be with her since he is an all powerful Jedi. It's easier to dismiss it as false instead of accept the truth at this point.

So will Kyle meet 8T88? Will he manage to survive another day without losing an eye? Please update so I can know.
Nerwen Aldarion chapter 28 . 3/14/2010
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

I need some seriuos medical help, I think me heart stopped beating about 20 times throughout this chapter! First the great moment between Jan and Kyle but then OH MAN! Vinial shows up and that fight...just kept getting more and more intense! At one point I actually pushed the screen aside and said, "I can't read anymore!" but of course I had to pick it back up!

Then I really thought about hurting you! VINIAL STABBED KYLE! I think my heart plummeted right down to my toes there! I was jumping up and down, trying to calm down because that was so insane!

Is it wrong that I cheered when Vinial exploded?

I really liked Jan and Wee Gee, they are so cute and adorable. And Luke and Jan! I was so excited, Luke told Jan! HE TOLD JAN! Of course she didn't believe him, not sureprised there, she hasn't seen much of his powers but she will begin to understand soon. AFter all Kyle talks to dead Jedi ghosts and has come back to life about a zillion times, once Kyle explains things it will be interesting to see her reaction.

I totally loved Luke coming in and talking to Kyle, it was exactly what he would do. Luke really needs to teach Kyle about his Jedi Healing trance ASAP, he really really REALLY needs it LOL

Then that scene with Kyle being take off of the artificial heart. I was biting my nails to see what would happen. At one point I actually asked aloud, "Will Kyle live?" Then I slapped myself on the head, of course he would live dummy we still have about 3 more games to get through!

Can I just say that I love Mon Mothma, she was so cute with Jan and finally admitted that Kyle and Jan are more than just operatives but friends. However I think Mon Mothma would assign Jan to scrubbing toilets if she EVER called her mom!

I'm on pins and needles for the next chapter, I might see if I can call up my minions to hunt you down so we can get it that much sooner. Would that be too much?
Phygmalion chapter 28 . 3/12/2010
You did a great job on this chapter, shanesnest! The final solution to the Vinial saga was... dark, to say the least, but at least that's over - although Kyle is in the hospital - again. You'd think the doctor would place a restraining order on him from going out in public for his own safety!

Apart from that, I liked the scene where Wee-Gee declared friendship with Jan. That was a very touching scene - as well as the one where Wineglass and the twins - and Mothma - were saying what Kyle meant to them. That was good.

What happened to Vinial was sad. The whole thing with the blaster pistol really does take place in the books. In Spectre of the Past, there's one scene where Luke rigs a blaster pack to explode like a grenade in order to escape a trap. So, the whole blaster-boomy thing really can happen. Just thought I'd mention that, since in my last review I got on your case for getting something wrong. Great job this time - and most times! :-) Have a great day!
Manus Dei chapter 28 . 3/12/2010
This further proves my point that Kyle Katarn is the Chuck Norris of Star Wars. But damn! This is without a doubt the worst trashing he's taken so far. No insurance company would want him to sign a contract, that's for sure. And at this rate he's going to be a mess of scars before he ever gets to face Jerec.

Good riddance to the psycho bitch, by the way. Personally I'd have her have a little accident with an airlock or run into Vader, but this way works too.

I can't wait to see what's going to happen next, though at this rate I think poor Kyle is going to need Wolverine's regeneration ability.