Reviews for Unfinished Tales
gerbilHunter chapter 1 . 3/14
I dunno. I think you could have pulled this off. Easy for me to say...

Though the growing insanity is pretty dark, it's leavened in this case by the reader's certain knowledge that you're going to have him cured in the end. That allows lots of opportunity for comedy in having the family deal with Dr. Possible being a cat.

So, if I were wondering to myself, "How would the King handle a story of Kim trying to get Shego to fall in love with her?", I might think that it would start with Kim doing the obvious. Like flowers. And Shego doing the obvious, Like wonder what kind of trap this is. And Kim trying to figure more things to do, and being awful at it. And Shego getting more and more confused. And Kim, while trying to think of things about which to flatter Shego, comes to realize that these are things that she really does admire about Shego. And that the more she considers Shego being in love with her, the more real she wants that to be.

And then there's the huge fight when Shego realizes that it's all been just to get a kiss out of her, to save Kim's father, and she's furious, but she can understand Kim's desperation, and Kim is screaming about how yes, it was all a scam at first, but now she really does love Shego, and please, please believe me, and I know you don't love me, and I've ruined everything, and my father is going to spend the rest of his life jonesing for catnip. And Shego falls in love and all is well and Kate is tamed, or something.

Of course, that's not how you'd do it, because you're seriously more creative than that, but still, I kind of wish you hadn't given up on this.
scifijoe chapter 7 . 3/13
I don't like Markov either.
This could'a been a contender.
Well, maybe later.
Thomas Linquist chapter 7 . 3/13
Can't really argue with you. Seems rather formulaic. (Spelling?) At the same time, your writing style could have made it a bearable story.

I would have avoided the cross-overs, leaving the super powers to Shego. Make the other girls capable, but not hero calibre. And leave Kim and Shego out of the sack, but watch Ron twist when Shego implies it. (Meanwhile, I'd have her falling for a professor or something, and trying, poorly, to hide it as a side plot.)
Buddy5647 chapter 1 . 3/12
This was ute, but I see how you couldn't finish. Could go far astray, get way out of control. PepeLePew, eh, precious. You don't even have to write it and it's funny. Timeless, classic stuff that follows the pattern. Ah, well.
laranzu chapter 5 . 10/15/2014
It would have been a lot of fun to see this play out!

I'd have thought that anyone who can get through the last Harry Potter book ought to have no trouble with Pride and Prejudice :-) Or you could watch any of the TV versions for a condensed version. (Plus "Lost in Austen" for a different take.)

Of the six, this is my favourite.
laranzu chapter 1 . 10/15/2014
I enjoyed the setup on this.

Agree with you though that an insanity curse doesn't fit with the tone of the rest of the story. If you ever decide to rework it, I'd suggest James Possible and Drakken both have curses, forcing Kim and Shego to work together and thus Kim doesn't have to be dishonest.

Or, change the curse to something equally silly and go with Kim as Pepe Le Pew!
A Markov chapter 6 . 10/11/2014
This posting prompted me to go back and re-read "Identity Crisis." What ever your intent when you started that story, I think it holds together well. You still ended up with a piece that felt cohesive. It still ranks as one of my favorite of your non-BE stories.

Not sure what to think of a sequel. On one hand, I loved the first one and would love to see more. On the other hand, you gave us a good thing, why fuck it up? (True, you haven't screwed up one of your stories with an inferior sequel yet, but I have faith in you.)

* This is the obligatory "Double Minded" reference.*

I guess at some point I should speak to what you have here... it has potential but could easily fall into the prat-fall silliness of the aforementioned "Double Minded," which would be entertaining but little more. So, I guess it falls back on you, do you want to spend the time and effort of developing a meaningful story, do you want to throw out some fun silliness or do you want to concentrate on something completely different. Since this ends up in the unfinished tales section, I guess we have your answer.

Alex.
noncynic chapter 6 . 10/9/2014
Well, for a story that you were reluctant to write, this is quite a bit of content. Intriguing, too.
RevSrVixena chapter 6 . 10/9/2014
That's all we're going to get? That's a bit stingy.

PS, Betty is deliciously evil in this one.
only-looking chapter 6 . 10/8/2014
Hah! Betty knows *everything* that Kim and Shego have been up to, and she's just playing with them. I love it when Betty's the chessmaster, and she's downright evil here. Of course, that just makes all the "Shego's too wily to get caught" bits even more delicious.

I really like the idea of "free-range villain". And "Please, tell be you would be uncomfortable with that" made me laugh out loud.

Since this is in "Unfinished Tales", I don't imagine you have plans to write more. Which is a shame, since you've given us a beautiful situation with Shego and I-7. A "Mission Impossible" setup? I would be all over that. "Good morning, Agent Greene..."

Another wonerful little update from you, and I'll enjoy it for what it is.
Twin-3 chapter 6 . 10/8/2014
*snicker*
Guest chapter 5 . 10/27/2013
Ambitious, to be certain, and I admittedly won't miss having to read it, I don't think Jane Austen is my cup of tea. Nice role assignments.
Mystra32 chapter 5 . 10/27/2013
That's such a sad place to end. I think it would have been fun to see Kim's response to Shego playing Darcy's later scenes, and I want to know who you planned for Darcy's aunt. That whole thing would have been hilarious, but I suppose I do understand not wanting to do the entire story. Its why I was so impressed with Drakigo. On a last note you did set me up for some serious anticipation and let me down here with the whole pride and prejudice connection to your best enemies series. I was expecting to see Kim get pizsed at Shego for being too good of a Darcy not a different universe. Oh well.
Muzzlehatch chapter 3 . 5/23/2011
Never realized that "Cat Ballou" was that far back...and I saw it when it came out!

"A Skeleton Not in the Closet" would have been an interesting story, I hope that there is still a chance of it being written. It wouldn't have to be longer than a chapter or two.
Daryl chapter 3 . 4/11/2011
i see there's someone who loves the movie cat ballou as much as me. great job