Reviews for Distractions
Intervigilium chapter 1 . 8/2/2014
That you can take something from the "I would never write that" shelf and turn it into such a high-quality story speaks volumes of your writing. The pace is perfect, all characters are brilliantly portrayed - and that ending fits like a glove to reflect James' confusion about the whole experience.
Rose of the West chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
Wow, that's quite a tale. The aftermath is chilling, but something of that magnitude could easily have been the reasons certain canon choices were made.
Wrexscar chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
Not my usual reading.
This was well written and had a line of sadness that ran the way through it that made believable.
A well constructed piece and dovetails nicely with canon.
lux chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
Really hot. Epic finale.
LyssaLaughable chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
awwww, but that is so depressing!

and yet, it was still written fantastically. D

LyssaLaughable xD
HarryPotterResidentEvilFan chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
The ending was amazing. A different take on it. For only your first, you did hella good! I love this kind of fic. Probably because I enjoy drama and angst and whatnot.
BrunetteWeasley13 chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Loved it. The characters were perfect and the ending that tied it into a bigger story... that's what a one shot is supposed to be.
tambrathegreat chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Now that was a good stab at slash and a great tie-in with cannon. Beautiful job on this piece. I tried to read it on LJ, but the letters were too small for me to make out easily.

Really, this is your first real attempt at slash? Great job. I will be reccing this fic to others who are inclined to be fans of James and Sirius.
K. East chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
So, not going to lie, this is pretty epic. I'm not an enormous fan of slash, but this is one of those that actually makes sense and treats the characters with respect. I'm impressed that you can jump totally out of your comfort zone and still produce something of this quality.

Linking this all to why Lily and James didn't choose Remus as Secret-Keeper, by the way, was a pretty clever and touching ending. It would definitely explain the apparent rift between Remus and Sirius. :3
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
Oh, wow. That was funny and scarily sexy. I can almost see it happening. Your arrogant Sirius is just amazingly brilliant, and I love Lily. The ending was inspired. Kudos.

You should write more Marauders ;-)
Evildevilangel chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Oh. Poor Remus!
Writting2StayHalfSane chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Excellent. I'm not one who likes slash much but this was great. And, ouch, that last line stung.
Lucky1111 chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
Lovesit!
madmaddiee chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Huh. Interesting.
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Wow. Yeah, that was... yeah.

I've got no idea how much more slash your muse has in store, but YESMOREPLZ!

The entire first part of the story, the "Norman cock" bit was inspired. I absolutely adored how there was no stopping Black, either his mouth, or his "mouth". And James was the not-so-unfortunate target.

Wonderful job with the evil prompt you were given. The banter all throughout the piece was realistic and hysterical. LOVED how you wrote Sirius' personality. This is exactly how I imagine some experimentation on James' part taking place. It actually felt... organic, you know? Like it was some part of a coming-of-age thing that James did. It happened once, and then never again.

But the chemistry here between the Marauders (er... don't think I saw Peter) was delish. And it all felt very teenager-y for their ages.

Just, well done! And the smutty stuff? You did such a great job. Build up, a little fun here and there, and then leaving some up to the reader's imagination. Great work! Plus, favoriting, because I need to return to this story when I write my own slash stuff.