Reviews for The Coldest Summer
jayan0706 chapter 7 . 11/12/2014
Great story, are you ever going to finish it?
Swallow B chapter 7 . 9/14/2010
I enjoyed these insights into young Albus's mind, and Aberforth's. Of course, though Albus had an unusually intellect, other aspects of his personality are those of an average immature teen-ager. His frustration and pain at his mother's death made him desperate for some hope and his extraordinary mind made it difficult for him to find friends who could understand him.

I like the way this story expands on the short version we get from DH and helps us understand better what actually happened. I would like to see more of this, but I realise the muse has its whims.

A detail : young people didn't come of age at 18 in 1899. It was 21, until some time during the seventies, if I remember rightly.
Tyche Nemesis chapter 7 . 5/8/2010
albus is...rather dark in this fic.
very descriptively written, and you really get to see into the character's heads. well done!
RavenEcho chapter 7 . 3/21/2010
Interesting.
vlucia chapter 7 . 3/19/2010
This is an interesting reading. Waiting for the next update.
RavenEcho chapter 6 . 2/24/2010
Interesting work, yet again. Can't wait to see how you continue the development.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 6 . 2/23/2010
Thank you for updating this story! I am glad that the muse has cooperated... The thing that I like here is that one feels for both Albus and Aberforth; while taking Albus' POV you also make his brother's case more than clear. And you make the brilliance and seductive appeal of Gellert quite vivid; with his utopia, as with all such, the devil is in the details.

What's more, it has a _very_ 1890s feel to it: I think it's the burgeoning optimism and the fancy that war and similar barbarisms are in the soon-to-be-distant past (never mind what's happening in the colonial periphery, which will be _far_ more significant for the coming century... after all, it's the Boer War that gave us the concentration camp-both the word and the notion).

Marvelous, marvelous story. I eagerly await the next chapter.
RavenEcho chapter 5 . 1/10/2010
Hmm, quite interesting.
ObiterDictum chapter 5 . 10/10/2009
Although this story is fairly well written, I DO NOT get why girls get off on two men being sexually involved with each other. As my dear sainted mother used to say: It isn't cute, and it isn't funny.
desperate.for.love chapter 4 . 9/5/2009
i really hope you continue with this story

it has great potenial

blink chapter 3 . 8/5/2009
I'm rereading Deathly Hallows, and got the idea in my head that I'd love to read a well-written Grindelwald fic, not one just about his romance with Dumbledore, but about him as a person, and I think you've captured it. There's none of the insta-love you often see in fics like this, but a true telling of how their friendship came to be, and I like it a lot. I especially like how you haven't made Grindelwald a complete and utter evil creep like I expected most people would do. For all his terribleness and faults, he had to have charm and intelligence for Dumbledore to like him so, and you've captured that wonderfully.

Now off to see if I can find anymore...but I'm betting this will be the best of the lot.
Ignea chapter 3 . 7/20/2009
This is really nice!

Ill be waiting for the next update.
Different Child chapter 3 . 7/19/2009
Aw, poor Dumbledore! I was crying as I read the end of this! (Though didn't help that Kait was crying too and I get so attached to my characters) No matter how much they didn't get along she was still his mother! T_T Poor guy. And his sister...it's starting to sound like he wanted to see her maybe but not sure. And like it really just hit him then. She was gone and he was needing to grow up. Poor Albus!
Ramzes chapter 2 . 7/16/2009
Well, Albus is not too likeable here, but then, I suppose he wasn't in canon, was he? Not this summer, anyway.

A good job. Keep it on!
Different Child chapter 2 . 7/16/2009
I really like this chapter. It's quite fun to see Dumbledore in awe of someone since he's known as one of the insanely awesome wizards of the time.

Woot! Go Fran! Very well written as we're seeing a different side to Albus. A very teenage side as well as a more mature, curious side. I like the contrast.

Really like this one.