Reviews for The Things We Leave Behind
AkiaraSnowfox chapter 40 . 2/1
Love it please is there more
harvestsunlight chapter 40 . 7/12/2015
Gah! Love your stories. Was really hoping you'd just forgotten to mark this one complete. I know it's been ages, but I hope you decide to finish this up some day.
Jinx452 chapter 40 . 9/17/2014
AHHH! What happened? Why is this the last chapter? Is there a sequel or something?!
Joani chapter 40 . 8/9/2014
More? pls?
Super-fan-Natural-1997 chapter 40 . 6/1/2014
Please update
gandalf chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
This is not a review for this. Sorry. About that Doctor Who crossover. It did get things about Doctor Who wrong. Thanks for calling the Doctor a bastard.
Regal Baring chapter 40 . 9/15/2013
Holy smokes this is amazing! Just all sorts of crazy. Riddick really is a big perv, isn't he? Makes me feel bad for Jack. Hopefully this all works out, haha!
JayBell chapter 40 . 9/11/2013
I've really enjoyed this story so far- lots of great themes, mysticism both subtle and clear, a great switch between first person POV and third person. My only concern is that this seems to be going the same way as the other story of yours I read in this fandom- Jack has little agency and lacks the fierceness that made her character so like able in Pitch Black. The vulnerability is still there, but she seems completely helpless.
yellow eyes chapter 40 . 9/11/2013
This is an awesome story.

I'm a fan of anything Riddick related and just watched the new movie (the ending was crap). Just started reading fanfiction in this section and your story is hands down the best I have seen.

I'm sure some of the other stories are enjoyable for some people, but it bugs me when characters are obnoxiously out of character. You really nailed the personalities, though. This story is really really good.

Please, continue it :)
Mrstrentreznor chapter 40 . 9/2/2013
riddick, riddick, riddick... you are supposed to be helping the girl... love? an alien emotion for him. And saying he'd kill her himself - another kind of possession? she belongs to him and he says when she dies. Poor Jack.
Aztecphenom chapter 40 . 9/1/2013
Whoa. This was pretty rough. Very raw. Relatively short chapter, but completely solidified my suspicion that all those years in the ice have taken a serious toll...

"Fact I keep seeing her probably says something precarious about my mental state."
Probably. Also, probably scares the shit out of other people if he's actually reacting to his imaginary friends.

Open my eyes. Hers are wet, and scared, and heartbroken, and on mine. "You will not die screaming . . . because of me. Will kill you . . . if that's the only way. Not before. Today . . . today we got options."

And he thinks this is a kindness, right? Whooooo. Man, that's all kinds of jacked up. That offering a quick death is his way of professing his, uh, love. Poor, poor Jack. Man, some of these scenes are just classic DV examples. Sexual coercion, isolation, instilling fear, guilt trips...Gawd.

Definitely more graphic than your older stories, which actually works pretty damn well considering the POV. Writing Riddick (ie. not convict w/ a heart of gold Riddick) is really, really hard. You do an amazing job of it every time.
-AP
Rachet chapter 40 . 9/1/2013
Thanks for the new update
Joani chapter 39 . 8/26/2013
I still adore how this story is going, and can hardly wait for more chapters. :)
AztecPhenom chapter 39 . 8/26/2013
Man, I almost forgot how *good* you are at this. Silly me.
There are a lot of tasty bits in this chapter, lots of good visuals. One of my favorites:
" She sighed, sat up in the bed. He was disappearing into the dark."

"Riddick was back, crouching in front of her. Like it was important that their faces be level."
Like she's a child he trying to get through to? Mm.

I like how hard he was trying to goad her into fighting him, picking at her for attention. It's also kind of scary because we all know what happens when he gets pissy. I also kind of enjoy Jack being so...centered?...here. Clearly she is a little bit thrown, but she hasn't been reduced to quivering puddle of goo which, given the circumstances, is pretty damn admirable. I really hope he doesn't make her sorry for that.

He's going to, isn't he?

"Who says I haven't?" she shot back. Fury flickered across his face, quickly stilled. He hates thinking about me with other men, she realized. That's kinda scary. She cast around for something to say. "It hurt. But maybe if we go really slow . . .""When . . . have . . . I . . . ever . . . rushed you?" he said. His words were heavy in the air. "

Once again, nice imagery.

And, wow. This last part here was just...insidious. Gah. A lot of fics have Riddick just stomping around like a raging lunatic, but this? Waaaaaay scarier. The word usage and the way the sex and fear and tenderness and outright force are all jumbled together is jarring and makes for a great read.
massi14 chapter 37 . 7/30/2013