Reviews for The Queen Susan In Tashbaan
Hinotorihime chapter 2 . 8/18/2015
I just wanted to let you know how much I absolutely love your Eustace! He's so adorkable and a joy to read.
Ralph Brew chapter 25 . 6/5/2015
Thank you RthStewart.
I know you completed this set of works (The STONE GRYPHON 1 and 2) some time ago, so you may really have moved on. However as you have posted your fabulously complex spy story about Susan on the net on several sites for posterity, I assume you also may be open to comment.

I have persisted all the way through, only skimming a few of the parts which were too hard to follow because of names and events that were too obscure and which didn't involve the main protagonists.

On that note I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to you for your vision of the four Pevensies post Narnia. So refreshing and intriguing to have them so thoroughly represented as adults stuck in adolescent bodies and therefore with a PURPOSE. And at such a time of turmoil and tragedy. Susan especially, given her separate fate and sordid treatment at the end of the original kiddy series.

I look forward to locating the Apostolic Way and delving into that now. Cheers.
Ralph Brew
Ralph Brew chapter 5 . 6/3/2015
OMG! Just finished Chapter 5 of Queen Susan in Tashbaan. I cannot believe that you put so much effort, historical research, skill and hysterical pizzaz into a story that will never get formally published! On paper... I had had no idea the Brits had to play a game like that to get the Americans onto the board. You were right that it was a dense read but what a rollicking tale! I had to skim some parts but the sheer audacity of a 15 year old girl (seemingly) with the life experience of a 30 something ruler, brazening out the Colonel and taking charge of a drunken agent was incredible to read. Interspersed with Peter's furious explosions and Lucy and Edmund's easy anticipation of the source of his colic; this was first rate. Your writing is such a joy. I am very much hooked now. I must say though, if I worked for a spy agency and had been reading the fantasy story she had constructed and sent to Edmund, it would have rung alarm bells regardless. It is just too obviously a cypher story and far too sophisticated in tone, structure and knowledge and insight to gave been really written by a fifteen year old kid. And that's partly what makes reading it such a damn hoot. Thank you. It is all so over the top. I am also really really enjoying the notion that Aslan wasn't talking about playing tiddlywinks when he said they had been in Narnia and got to know him there and that they were now needing to know him on Earth in a new way. And far from the memories of Narnia being somehow locked away in some fantasy corner of their brains while they face the travails of puberty and adulthood again, your writings explore the possibilities of returning to younger bodies filled with purpose, clarity, knowledge, experience and touched by wisdom and inspiration well beyond their seeming years. Love it.
Guest chapter 10 . 5/2/2015
I love how even tempered the brothers are, and the maturity they all show!
Guest chapter 7 . 5/1/2015
I liked the French, as I could understand it, unlike the German
Guest chapter 5 . 5/1/2015
Yes, this was easier to understand for sure. And it is getting exciting, something I was worried wouldn't happen after I had lost the familiarity of the Oxford Scene.
rakaduani chapter 24 . 2/17/2015
I do very much enjoy your stories and I am eagerly waiting for the third installment
Saoirse7 chapter 4 . 10/9/2014
The first time I read this, I remember seeing the parallels but I didn't understand how the censor office could have missed some of the bigger ones. Then I remembered that they weren't privy to most of this, were they? It was just as much a fantasy story to them as it was to any other casual observer. It is a lot easier to put the Narnian names with the English ones this time around, though. :)
Saoirse7 chapter 24 . 11/13/2013
Wow, and what a journey it has been! Thank you for writing such a masterful story; I can't imagine how much time and research you had to put into this. But it was another excellent work!
Saoirse7 chapter 18 . 11/10/2013
No! Not Bardon! *sniffles* Guy will be sorely missed. :'( Susan's reaction to the whole situation was very interesting, though. The repercussions of that might not be something they want to deal with...
Saoirse7 chapter 10 . 11/4/2013
It's getting much easier to follow who's who by this point, especially with the regular switch back and forth. :) I wanted to say that I found the "outtake" chapter to be very amusing, and I love how Edmund is predicting exactly what part Peter's at; it's nice to see their reactions to all this, too.
Saoirse7 chapter 5 . 10/31/2013
If I haven't said it before, I really like the way you write the Pevensies. They're smart and creative and witty and overall a lot of fun. Also, I like how you're switching back and forth between the code story and what's really happening. It helps keep all these characters straight!
dreamflower02 chapter 25 . 9/2/2013
Well, I finished!

What a remarkable tale! The interweaving of your universe with canon and with true history was nothing short of amazing. The idea of what it would mean to have to grow up all over again while retaining the memories and experiences of having already done so is a theme I've never seen so realistically portrayed.

And I think I've finally figured out the rest of why The Stone Gryphon reminds me of That Hideous Strength-it's the atmosphere of a "conspiracy of good", the way the stakes are constantly raised, and in the moral dilemmas of the "Good Guys" who need to do all that they can to defeat the Evil of the other side.

Now I have a dilemma of my own: I see that Apostolic Way is still a WIP. So, do I start reading some of your other stories in the meanwhile, and wait to start reading that one, or do I go ahead and read it on the computer (my desktop) or do I upload an unfinished story into my Nook? That last is VERY tempting. Of course, when you finish I can always delete the unfinished version and upload the completed one.

I am really loving this universe of yours!
Saoirse7 chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
First of all, I wholeheartedly apologize for dropping off on reading these stories. They ARE good, and I keep meaning to get back to enjoying them, but... It didn't happen. Secondly, I love how you've characterized their return to England from Narnia, and the troubles they're dealing with in the separation and loss. I also really like Peter and Lucy's conversation about Aslan, and how Eustace is still trying to figure out how he fits into the scheme of things. Will read more soon!
Cake chapter 3 . 6/13/2013
I'm terribly sorry to say, and I certainly don't mean to offend, but it seems you may want to brush up on your German word order. Keep in mind I've only had 3 years of the class, and if you've got better schooling on this, then by all means ignore the following. But, from what I've learned in German, the first verb is directly after the subject, but the second is at the end of the sentence in the infinitive. They don't say is sitting as est sitzen though, because sitz works for sits, does sit, and is sitting. It's very similar to Latin like that, though, unlike Latin, word order and articles are crucial. Now, I only know High German. The same may not be true of a dialect. However, in my observation, Edmund would have most likely been reading High German. Thanks for reading, and don't forget to capitalize all nouns!
P.S. I love your works.