Reviews for Into The Woods II: The Mirror and Rose
authorgal282 chapter 4 . 2/25/2010
Can't wait for the next one!
RedCloakedMaiden chapter 4 . 2/18/2010
The lyrics for 'the light is dim...' was really clever!

The dream was quite obviously from the orginal variant so I commend you for that! And Melinda reappeared too. Nice to see the poor girl.
RedCloakedMaiden chapter 3 . 2/18/2010
I loved Raoul's quoting from Agony! And the bit from BATB and Once on this Island.

Odd, I've seen the little mermaid always with 6 sisters not 5 (and I don't mean Disney) but I loved the details about Liat born in winter and how a mermaid sees land.

Chandler's strangely considerate, deep and self-sacrificing: not the way I would have pictured the son of Rapunzel and her prince.
RedCloakedMaiden chapter 2 . 2/18/2010
Hmm...Puss a girl? I really like that but I don't think the line from Shrek was neccesary, you'll draw unwated associations with "Pray for Mercy from Puss in Boots".

And you didn't have to write in flashback and flashback ends either, I understood it well enough, in fact, I think it would have been understood without italic/bold fonting.

Charles Jr., Alfred, Mary and Raoul? I assume Raoul is the Gaston equilvalent and Charles is Chip Jr but was there any significance to Alfred and Mary? I was glad of the small mention of Red anyway, even though I'm not a Red/Jack shipper (Ironically, the boy who played Jack and I are husband and wife in this year's show and friends in real life).
RedCloakedMaiden chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Hello the Witch from next door. Her remark about having to go lift a spell on a childless couple was quite good.

I also liked seeing a vain princess of the twenty mattresses instead of Fred from Once Upon a Mattress!

The Bakers...we know from Act 2 that they actually had a son so I'm assuming you're fixing the orginal to suit your story. I think Chip would be more inclined to name her Beauty myself since the Baker's Wife is such a strong person.
FMWSophie chapter 4 . 1/10/2010
Great job! I can't wait for the next Brina chapter! ooh! Will Brina and Beauty meet? That would be AWESOME! But this was great! And the Beast resembling a wolf? Yay! Wolves rock! And I loved Beauty's mood-swings! Though, if she HAD taken the magic beans, she might be able to escape. But we all know she isn't supposed to. ;) that would ruin the whole story! Keep it up!
DeathStrikesAgain chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
oh my gosh.

i was so incredible shocked when I saw they had fanfiction for Into the Woods. and yours is bloody brilliant as well. P

coming from the girl that has the ENTIRE script within her head I'd say what you've written is pretty impressive.

although you aren't exactly really following the musical style right?

but either way, I love it. ]
FMWSophie chapter 3 . 12/5/2009
Ooh! Brina sang Forever Yours from Once On This Island! I love it! Grr . . . . you just HAD to leave it in a cliffhanger! and you took so long in updating it, too! You better post the next chapter soon! I really like your story, and I hope that in this story Brina doesn't die like in the actual version. But write it however you want! Keep up the good work!
Rowena1001 chapter 3 . 12/5/2009
Oh, I like! I like the South Pacific reference, the Phantom of the Opera reference, and the more original Hans Christian Anderson story instead of the Disney movie (although I do like the Disney Beauty and Raoul story too). And I really like the song! It's so pretty. Did you write that or am I just not recognizing it as being from something that I should recognize?
Rowena1001 chapter 2 . 11/28/2009
Oh, I really like the idea of this story and it's really good so far. I don't know the story of Puss in Boots at all, so I'm just sort of skipping those parts (sorry, I'm sure they're also wonderful!)

I really like how the Baker's family has developed and everything. One piece of concrit I'd like to offer is to show more, don't tell. The clarification on how the family worked out was good, but the stuff about why Beauty is Chip's favorite daughter can be more gradual and less clearly stated, and that might be better.

I definitely like the way all of the character's stories (once again) fit together perfectly. And I have to say I laughed out loud and Cinderella's request for comfortable shoes. ;-) I don't know if you were planning on adding more fairy tales to the mix, or even if you want to, but if you do, one that might make sense is the Frog Prince. I'm not entirely sure how you'd work that in, but I'm sure you could find some way to do it.

I'm looking forward to reading more of this!
Snowflake Archive chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
A very interesting idea for an "Into the Woods" piece. I like where it's going with the witch being behind "Beauty and the Beast" and the "Princess and the Pea" bit as well. The only thing I have to say about this is that some of the "Beauty and the Beast" bits are right out of the Disney version (such as the servants becoming objects), which was never in the original stories. It's fine really, but being that the rest of the "Into the Woods" stories are based on the old Grimms Tales, I was hoping for that sort of basis.

I really liked that you used the actors' names for this though! I use the same trick. (ChipBaker, JoannaWife, Burnadettewitch; you get it).

I'll mark this here for now. Kay? _

*S. Snowflake
thisprofileisdeadbuthavemyfic chapter 2 . 9/5/2009
Oh please please please continue! This is fantastic! :D
tumblingintowells chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
Oh I'd love to read more of this! Interesting approach, too.
LockedintheStars chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Wow! I feel as if the original writer to Into the Woods wrote this himself! its wonderful! I love how you brought all kinds of forgotten stories into this. i can't wait to read everything else!
FMWSophie chapter 2 . 7/27/2009
Really good! I love how you incorperated Puss in Boots and the Little Mermaid and all of the other stories into this! I also love how you gave Beauty red hair. It's unique. Keep on writing! Still love it! I'm gonna love it until I die or you kill off a favorible character! Haha!
49 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »