Reviews for 27: How To Win Friends and Rescue People
BoomerCat chapter 26 . 10/25/2009
You just keep getting better and better, don't you? This story was so gripping and intense, that the edge of my poor computer chair is all worn out. Never saw Captain Scarlet and now, I don't want to. I know for a fact that no TV show will ever be as good as this story has made it. The concepts are very convoluted, but fascinating. The writing is tight and interesting. Could have done with more Gordon, but then, you know that. Thanks for another great ride.
Tikatu chapter 26 . 10/25/2009
Now, it feels like an ending... and a beginning as well.

Interesting idea about the machines, hiding in plain sight. Cool uses for them, and good application of the reboot command, with that little bit of trust built in. Perhaps we'll see the one John befriended, and Mako-1 (with Hawking and Kip thrown in for good measure?) in the IR hangars soon.

"Rumored, sought after, others" Such as Thorpe and Kim and company? Maybe they'd be better off on the moon, too!

I'm so happy with the ending you gave Simone. Choosing love over duty, and finding that life is better with that love.

I didn't think the Over-mind was totally defeated. It will have to come up with something else if it wants to "harvest" Earth, and hopefully the Earth will be ready for it when that day comes!

Wonderful cookout for the family. Thanks for giving us updates on where everyone was and what they were doing. Too bad Myrna and Fermat went back to NY; I would have liked to see how she interacts with the strong personalities in the Tracy family. And I'm glad Gordon took Scott's advice about Tin-Tin. Going to a French girls' school is going to be very difficult for her, with the current situation.

All in all a great ending to the story, and thanks for wrapping up all the loose ends. Now on to the next challenge: NaNoWriMo!
Eternal Density chapter 26 . 10/25/2009
excellent, lots of great subtle and less subtle details in there :D

"except for John, who would probably just absorb ambient energy, or something" the funny thing is how I could almost take that literally and seriously :P nothing's too weird for John.
MitzyTN chapter 26 . 10/25/2009
Looks like that new world is just that little bit better than the one before. There's hope yet, I guess.
tiylaya chapter 26 . 10/25/2009
I do love your stories, and this was no exception.

Exhilarating, exhausting and incredibly complex, it was a delight to read (all be it occasionally baffling). I've loved seeing the nascent International Rescue, and watching as your characters develop and react to the situation. In many ways your universe has evolved so much of a life of its own that the characters and situations are quite distinct from those in the television series and the movie. In other ways it's fascinating to see the key character traits picked up on, and to watch a parallel evolution - yet another of your many 'might have beens'.

In that context, it's been great fun watching Spectrum react to IR, and IR react to the Mysterons. I've felt for all of the characters in this story arc, and Scott's loss was particularly touching - as was his eventual reunion with Cindy. Fermat's journey, Alan's trauma when he saved his little brother from the pool, Jeff's struggle to keep on top of the situation and Gordon's ordeals were all fascinating, and it's a great relief to see everyone home safe and sound in your second epilogue. They all need time to regroup and circle the wagons for a while. And somehow it's no surprise that this is precisely when John decides to leave...!

I'm looking forward with interest to seeing where you take your alternate multiverse next. I'm sure Five is keeping a close eye on the situation, and the Tracys have attracted a lot of attention, much of it unfriendly. It would be nice to see a fully commissioned International Rescue and Five reinstated (at least in some tenuous way) in her spiritual home of Thunderbird Five. I suspect though that with the Mysterons regrouping, things aren't going to be that easy. It may not be Thunderbirds as we know it, but the complexity and skill of your writing makes these stories very compelling indeed.

Thanks for sharing an enjoyable, entertaining and thought-provoking story.
Ship's Cat chapter 26 . 10/25/2009
I just love happy endings! But on the other hand I hate endings...Do you have more in the works? Pretty please!
MitzyTN chapter 25 . 10/19/2009

She's back.

Eternal Density chapter 25 . 10/18/2009
much awesome! woohoo :D Great reunion scenes.

and an 'ouch' for poor Gordon.
Tikatu chapter 25 . 10/18/2009
You had me teary-eyed with the reunions here, MG. Scott and Cindy-"...nothing else mattered". Fermat, Brains, and Myrna... she's taking it all in stride but maybe things will change when she hears what happened (if she even believes it).

And Lady Murasaki taking charge as usual, putting Col. White *in his place* (yay!) so that IR could do what they're learning to do. That is one awesome woman, and I hope to see her around again.

Poor Gordon. At least he was finally fixed up, and his medical discharge will enable him to do what is needed in IR. Perhaps Mako-1 will take the name Thunderbird 4? And perhaps that Mysteron plane who John befriended will become the speedy Thunderbird 1? And haven't we heard about a "dense blue supersolid" elsewhere before?

Poor John, experiencing Scarlet's demise through the implant. And Simone, trying to choose between love and duty. (I personally hope for love...) And somewhere, far above and beyond all this mess, is Five-who we haven't heard from for a while.

It seems as if you might still have a couple of loose ends left to this one, though, before you go on to wherever you're going with your Thunderbirds stories (that is, unless you're going on hiatus from them for a certain novel-writing contest).

All in all, a really terrific story, one that kept me on the edge of my seat and anticipating with gusto that update link in my email box. Looking forward with anticipation to whatever you have next!
Eternal Density chapter 24 . 10/12/2009
epic fight between the Captains :D
Ship's Cat chapter 24 . 10/12/2009
O wow, O wow, O wow! I felt I was there watching this mighty onslaught! Waiting for more with bated breath!
MitzyTN chapter 24 . 10/12/2009
Stealing a fighter sounds so easy when Black does it. Good thing Simone is just as desperate, and in love. And Fermat might be the only one who knows what's going on right now, and just where it might lead.
Tikatu chapter 24 . 10/11/2009

Just... wow!

Armageddon stopped, and everyone returned. Reporters (Cindy), pharmaceutical heirs (Chris Springfield), and Nietzschian physicists (Myrna!), every one of them returned to life, and all because one young boy missed his mother.

Loved the fact that the rogue Mysteron craft turned the tide. I have to wonder what mankind will do with all these sentient machines.

You do have me worried for Gordon, though. Don't think I didn't notice the comment about "nor... heal a wound in someone partially strengthened".

And what of the buzzing alien box? What role will it play?

Looking forward to the wrap up of this epic, and it has been epic!
Eternal Density chapter 23 . 10/5/2009
oops, that was kinda a Bad Thing :O

Nice job on describing the Mysteron symbols. Whoa!
MitzyTN chapter 23 . 10/5/2009
I was just admiring SkyBase's tea availability (thank heavens for Brits aboard) - when you threw that on us... and I hope Gordon is going to find out, once and for al, just what is going on.