Reviews for 27: How To Win Friends and Rescue People
Eternal Density chapter 11 . 7/28/2009
that was a sad chapter.

well done.
MitzyTN chapter 11 . 7/28/2009
I leave you alone for one week, and look what happens. I think I'm just as upset as Scott is right now. Except I don't really believe Cindy's dead... you didn't?
Eternal Density chapter 10 . 7/28/2009
"John craned his head to look at the small yellow screen, which didn’t seem to have rendered any emotional evals, at all." ah hahahahahaha! that whole end of the conversations and John's general emotional awkwardness is always fun.

"Apparently devoid of humor as the Mojave Desert was of tapirs and ocelots." now that's a creative metaphor.

"like so many camo ducklings." oh! even better :D

I also like the ongoing Alan-Tintin-Gordon arc.

and then you do one of your classic casual lines of world-changing news at the end... ek!
Tikatu chapter 10 . 7/27/2009
Mop up operations are usually hard to relate; you've done a great job with this one. Love the way Linda just HAS to make sense of John's "fugues". No mysteries for her, no sir! Looking forward to see how John makes contact with the last of the Mysteronized jets.

Alan is a hero, but it's good he doesn't see himself as one. Keep him from getting a swelled head... or at least no more swelled than it already is.

Poor Virgil! Being thought of as a "slovenly gardener sort". Ms. Beckwith needs an attitude correction, methinks. I'm glad that Brains took Fermat with him. He needs his dad right now.

And what did you do to Cindy? Augh! No! Now Beverly Bing's class will never hear the end of "Where the Wild Things Are"! And poor, poor Scott! History repeating itself in the Tracy family! (Do you get the idea that I was shocked and still am?)

Looking forward to the next installment!
Ship's Cat chapter 9 . 7/27/2009
Okay. I've read all your stories from start to finish. After a hard day at work I'd come home to savour a few chapters. I eked it all out for about a month and am happy to find you working on a new story.

I enjoy your characters immensely and having some close Asperger friends find your portrayal of John spot on. (My cat absolutely adores Aspies.)I can only say that I get used to one possible reality line and look forwards to more and then you go and hare off on another AU, I feel grumpy for a chapter or two and then get sucked into another storyline.

Thank you for the great read and I am looking forwards to more from you! Bravo! (Cheers, claps and gives a standing ovation)
Eternal Density chapter 9 . 7/26/2009
woohoo! you've set up quite a complicatedly-enjoyable state of affairs.
Tikatu chapter 9 . 7/26/2009
Whew! The concatenation of circumstances that save the family. Love the idea that Jeff went into the pool-thinking first of his sons, and second of his own safety. And with Paul's mention of his "hit list", Jeff will work even harder on security.

Now, where's the World Gov? Will Brains go with them when they arrive?

One small thing to watch for when you edit: sometimes you have "black" instead of "Black".

Looking forward to the next installment. And don't worry about timing. Those life bytes swarm around us all.
Eternal Density chapter 8 . 7/22/2009
ooh, nice one. All good, but I particularly like the interrupted story-time with "Miss Cindy" :P
Tikatu chapter 8 . 7/22/2009
Black is such a creep.

Sounds like the cavalry is both on the way, and there, in the form of a disembodied Scarlet-who is the only one who'd call Black "Conrad". Don't remember him doing that kind of thing before, but I haven't seen the latest series either.

Absolutely love the description of Cindy as reader: "Watching Snow White's Wicked Queen try to baby-sit."

Tension still racking up nicely here, MG. Looking forward to more!
Eternal Density chapter 7 . 7/21/2009
yay, the fighting back phase begins! :D
Sam1 chapter 7 . 7/21/2009
Ooh, an update. YAY!

Loved Scott's planning and how Virgil went with it though no words were spoken. Relieved that those two are safe for now.

I felt sorry for Linda. It's very obvious that she loves John. And that he loves her and Janie.

Poor TinTin has a bit of confusion to work through if she and Gordon are going to make it as a couple.

Please please please hurry with the next update, MG.
Tikatu chapter 6 . 7/21/2009
Wow! Jeff and the family are in some pretty hot water right now! I think their only hope at this point is Captain Scarlet... if he can find a way to get there.

But I'm sure that you've got some more nail-biting tension ready for us before Tracy Island's invaders are gone... taking Black with them (I'm sure he's the commanding officer, though I could be wrong...) Hopefully the family will still be physically intact, more or less, and with a lesson learned about the island's security.
Eternal Density chapter 6 . 7/21/2009
the Orion hair-clip!

ouch, Jeff's in quite a bad position :(
Sam1 chapter 6 . 7/20/2009
oh crap. you've gone from bad to worse with this update. Come on, MG, you've got me glued to my computer waiting for more updates.
Eternal Density chapter 5 . 7/19/2009
danger! excitement! and hints of more trouble to come... nicely done :D
74 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »