Reviews for Scars of Obedience
Aw, that's soooo cute!

I love it!

Anna
dragonryder622 chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
i really loved this. it is beautfully written, and amazing.
Densharr chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
Awesome. I think that Ty Luko is quickly becoming my 2nd favorite Zuko ship, right after Zutara. Excellent short.
HellzCrusader chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
aaw how sweet. i 3 a good ty lee/zuko fic.
rosalie-.rawr.x chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
aww! that was so emotional! excellent job! xD

xoxox
susiipie chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
That was absolutely beautiful. I loved the details and the intricate moments. The bond was super sweet. Great job! )
YoungFool chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
OMFG! That was so awesome. What a great idea and beautifully written. Detail and the flow was superb. Awesome! Not enough Ty Luko on this site so I'm glad you wrote this. Also I will release my first story, a Ty Luko, in a few weeks, so keep an eye out for that. It won't be a one-shot but a really long story.

Till then
SpyralHax chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
Very nice oneshot. A few small grammar things, but absolutely nothing too bad. Despite my recent kick of Zuko x Suki, I still love the Ty Luko, so this was especially nice. Nice moment between the two.
hj chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
That was great, that was short and perfect it lacked nothing. It was a joy to read.
Personal Critique chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
This story was, in all honesty, an absolute joy to read. The story does however get off to a slightly rocky start. The power of the robe over Zuko's mental state was a magnificent touch to the character's development and understanding. The robe signified power, and without the robe Zuko felt powerless, exposed. You also focused greatly upon the heavy influence his scar has over him. His scar and his robe are symbolic and aid in discovering the mental workings of Zuko. Your descriptions of these two symbols are quiet profound; anyone new to the Avatar realm would instantly understand Zuko thanks to this introduction. However, the way you described the background information (Mai being away, Aang creating the League of Nations, etc.) was a tad bit lacking. It felt short compared to the length of the robe and scar paragraphs, but of course they would, they are not as important.

The way you tapped into Zuko’s past in how he failed to remember what he looked like before the scar and the emotional pain the scar caused created a flood of drama. Zuko destroying the mirror due to his mental anguish helped understand him all the better and emphasized how deeply his scar affected him. However, the way you described the mirror shattering was way too short. The mirror shattering seems minor but is indeed a major aspect to the plot and characters. You downsized its importance with a short portrayal, though the reader could of course see how crucial this event was.

The scars Ty Lee had been an absolute shocker; I’m sure every single reader’s mouth fell open with an audible pop when Ty Lee revealed them. This was a fabulous shocker though; it was completely original and totally unexpected. It gave the story even more depth and substance. You established a beautiful connection between Ty Lee and Zuko on a personal and emotional level. Bravo to that, it was absolutely flawless. You have a gift with showing readers the minds, thoughts, and feelings of your characters. Though this is crucial to any piece of literature, describing what is actually happening in the story is important as well. You did it fantastically during the middle and ending portions of this story. It was the beginning that I found small fault with.

The ending paragraph was perfection. It was intimate and showed a powerful, emotional connection that could exist between two people. True love sees beauty in any form, and you clearly established that fact. All in all the positives heavily outweighed the small, puny negatives. It was a wonderful read; a combination of sweetness, suspense, drama, love, and intimacy. Where can you find such a combination? Where can you find a well written, well structured such combination? Obviously with this writer, with this story.