Reviews for Learning a Thing or Two
machievelli chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
Posted 21 December 2013, at the Starwarsknights web site and the Lucasforums Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents.

Some of the work I read is what I consider worthy of a professional. These are marked as Picks of the Week. While they are posted on Starwarsknights I am adding the best of the week where applicable.

KOTOR on Tatooine: Showing Mission a trick with her blaster leads to punishment

The piece is funny because as Carth pointed out, then demonstrated, spinning you weapon on your finger is a fine looking trick, but has no real application beyond looking cool, as most such tricks done with a pistol are. The aftermath almost made me spit up my tea; a neat circle of blasts in the starboard cargo bay, ending with one right through the nose of the swoop bike.

Mission trying to explain what had happened is as funny as watching a cat try to cover up their mess on a linoleum floor, and just as efficient. The punishment definitely fit the crime.

Best of the Week
SkySong2 chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Hilarious work. I especially like the integration of the Juhani and Bastila to make Carth's point (that the trick is pretty useless at impressing anyone with any experience), and that Mission blew a hole in the swoop bike practicing. Nice development with a minimum of details.
Prisoner 24601 chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
This was a very entertaining one shot. Humor is difficult to write, and you've done a great job setting up a funny situation while also having the characters act in character.

I also love stories where the crew interacts with each other and Revan is mostly in the background, especially Mission/Carth stories because they seem like characters that would play off each other so well like they do here. I can't really think of anything constructive to say, other than I was disappointed that Canderous didn't make an appearance because I'm sure his reaction would have been priceless.

Anyway, great one shot, and I hope you write more.
deleted88 chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Haha, very cute. I liked seeing Dad!Carth and his relationship with Mission. :)
Allronix chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
I like this. It's no secret that I have a major soft spot for Mission, Carth, and the father/daughter dynamic they seem to develop so naturally in the fanfic. Seeing him give Mission a well-deserved "grounding" at the end for shooting the speeder bike was just too good. Made me wonder if Dustil ever got into a creative kind of trouble and Carth got creative right back, and the way he realizes Thira's ticked and tries to slink off...oh, yeah. Definitely acting like a married man in Dutch with his wife!

He really picked the wrong...or the right two ladies to demonstrate how ill-received the blaster trick would be, seeing as Bastila is VERY much a stickler for propriety and Juhani isn't even interested in men. Only other person who would have had a WORSE reaction would be Canderous ("Republic, I know you're dumb. Why demonstrate it?")
jayJ530 chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
That was so funny. I love the dynamic you created between the two. And you actually managed to make Carth funny without making him totally OOC which is quite an accomplishment within itself.
DestinyOfAshes chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
*Laughs* Oh thats good and so authentic, I love it! 'the lice-ridden, drooling son of a gundark' hilarious! Good work!
Replica Velocity a.k.a. X5 714 chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
Very funny. Good little ficlet.