Reviews for From the Back of a Broken Dream
Patricia Stewart chapter 2 . 4/10/2014
I LOVE IT
ouyang393 chapter 2 . 12/4/2012
I really like this! I wish to see some more.
Jane McBrennen chapter 2 . 5/31/2012
What! Where's the rest! I feel jipped! It was really good though, keep up the good work! :)
VanillaFieldsOfGold chapter 2 . 11/19/2011
Please continue! This is one of those rare fics that are both well-written and have a bold concept, which you(two) have executed perfectly. I have always wondered at this pair and now that you've written this far, you cannot leave us hanging! PLEASE, PLEASE review! This is all I ask of for Christmas this year! :)
The Homeless Poet chapter 2 . 9/9/2011
Yes, I like ] A little... um... un-canon-y, but an interesting way the story could have gone. I especially like the way you built up the Isabella and Hareton relationship - I tend to forget that they were around in Wuthering Heights at the same time, and it pretty much makes sense that Isabella would be drawn to him as a fellow 'prisoner', for want of a better word. I must admit, however, Anasztasia was a little unexpected and felt a tiny bit *too* off-the-wall... But apart from that, very nice ]
fanficfan84 chapter 2 . 8/17/2011
Please, please, please continue this story! Don't leave me hanging! I've been looking for a Heathcliff and Isabella fanfic and now that I've found one I need to read more of it! It's so well written too. Plz continue this :-(
kiril chapter 2 . 2/8/2011
it is really a wonderfull story, i always belived that heathcliff and Cathy where not meant to be, if only they could uderstand because they where the same they feel right with each other, but that dosent mean they where good for each other too. when i read the story i felt sorry for isabella she could love him for himself, not like Cathy, but he didn't even try to love her he was consumed with hate and not only destroyed his life but the lives of other innocent people. Thanks your story is a very nice alternative take of the classic story please continue soon!
Renton6echo chapter 2 . 1/3/2011
Hey! I hope you continue with this awesome story. plz plz plz!
TypoCity chapter 2 . 7/31/2010
Great story can't wait for the next chapter! I think this couple is somewhat better because, Catherine can be a little selfish.
belle shaye chapter 2 . 3/20/2010
I read this story several months ago and have been checking for an update since. I am intrigued that someone besides myself thought of Heathcliff and Isabella as a match. Wuthering Heights could not have ended differently and been the dark, powerful tale that it was, but I've always felt Healthcliff was the one dealt the most grievous hand and it was one he chose on his own. His love of Cathy was more of an obsessision as it made neither of them better people nor made either of them particularly happy. Cathy's happiness was never in question as she was happy only when she had everything her way. Heathcliff's happiness however was only dependent on pleasing her. What if Heathcliff had put that much passion into making a different woman happy? What if Isabella, a woman free to love him, unmoved by social pressures, willing to defy her own beloved brother to be his wife, at some point captured Heathcliff's attention?

Cathy's reaction must be expected to be pure fury. Heathcliff after all is hers even if she'd never consent to be his.

Isabella, having learned Heathcliff's dark desperation for Cathy and total disregard for the finer feelings love inspires, must be expected to escape. Indeed, she did in the book but what if she'd returned?

Heathcliff himself for this version of the story to become believable would have to realize the extent of Cathy's failings as a friend or a wife. Truly he'd have to examine his own dark need to search out a woman who surely will reject him, insult him, and expect him to stay. What causes him to turn this corner and begin to see Isabella in a different light? When does he begin to see that Isabella has survived his cruelty, overcome her fear, and given up on him as thoroughly as he should have given up on Cathy?

What Happens Next?

Love to know what you think of what I thought!
Dinah chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
HI! I like this story and i hope you will update soon. :)
november21 chapter 2 . 1/1/2010
It's great that Isabella's learning how to fight back.
wordsmithie chapter 2 . 12/27/2009
wonder how long it'll take heathcliff to catch up to them? aww, hope you guys don't take too long to update, but no pressure - i know the feeling. Happy New Year!
wordsmithie chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
yay for isabella finally discovering that she has a spine! it was frustrating how naive she was where heathcliff was concerned. great idea for a story. love your writing. can't wait for more. )
mirrorOfsin chapter 2 . 12/27/2009
yay thanks for the update! :D xx