Reviews for A Farm Girl's Promise
Guest chapter 1 . 10/26/2016
Meanwhile, Midna sat in Links Shadow, wondering what the fuck just happened
Zelda chapter 1 . 8/24/2016
Such an incredible story... It touched me
XMarkZX chapter 1 . 5/26/2016
How funny the Hero Shade is the Link of OoT and MM and the Link of TP is his descendant
Moonless Night of Peace chapter 1 . 5/20/2016
Left me in tears. A couple grammatical mistakes, but it was amazing.
wielderofthesword chapter 1 . 9/3/2015
So this was actually very mesmerizing and lovely (mostly the part from Links vision to the end ofc). Some typos here and there but i did not notice them before i read it a second time.
Speaking of which, i think we finally have a conclusive explanation for the differences between TP and OoT Hyrule. No more Lon Lon Ranch? Well you've read it. Hyrule Castle Town rebuilt elsewhere and Kakariko deserted by everyone sans Impa? Temple of Time now in Deep Woods? Hyrule Castle replaced and no more Lore and Knowledge of the Civil War and Ganons defeat available?
Hyrule invaded again and everything destroyed by the Invaders! And who could that be? Yeah right, the Kingdom which had their King imprisoned by the Hyruleans (in the Child Timeline of OoT). And who is missing in TP? Right. The Gerudo. So either they moved on after conquering Hyrule or they fell victim to Hyrulean retaliation. Since the Gerudo Desert is now a province of Hyrule and since the (not so much) Hero of Time is buried in the Castle Graveyard and still haunting the due to his guilt the latter possibility is more probable.
Quite possibly the soldiers who brought such a terrible end to Malon could have been hired mercenaries or marauders.
Years of theorizing without any conclusive theory and this here Fanfic establishes it!
Tl;dr: Ganondorf invades Hyrule anyway in Child Timelime, f**ks up the whole Kingdom before Hyruleans go fully genocidal against the Gerudo. Hero of Time loses everything again and becomes Spectre.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/17/2015
So I'm guessing this is the Twlight Princess Link.
Anytime chapter 1 . 11/12/2014
why dont make a fic? is amazing!
Hitomi Hyuga chapter 1 . 8/11/2014
Very interesting concept! I've always wondered about Malon in TP (mostly because of the night music) and I like the direction you took it in. Very heartbreaking story, well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
I cried. 11/10.
DiamondZelda280 chapter 1 . 5/18/2014
I cried in this fanfic. It's just so sad to hear what Malon had to go through just to wait for Link.;_; Ok, first she waited for, like, IDK, 1-2 years?, got beaten, stripped of clothing, raped, barn burned down with her in it, and died! PLOTTWIST! F*cking dies... YEAH! I'm just glad that the perfect couple (LinkMalon) shared a heartwarming moment together.
2 cute
2 be

4gotten!
CarolineSullivan chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
Awesome story.
Hylia'grace chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
Heartbreaking and haunting. Easily one of the best ive read. Such a sad ending but beautifully written
Steveaaml chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
You're right, WAY better way of getting a piece of heart. And oh man was that ever heartbreaking!
Makokam chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
At first I thought I'd already read this, but beyond the premise of meeting a ghostly Malon on a lonely Hyrule night this doesn't seem to be the fic I'm remembering at all. I also haven't reviewed this so it probably isn't.

A truely tragic end to their story. I can't decide whether it'd be worse for Link to have already died on the field of battle, or to come home to find that. Unfortunately, based on the Hero's Shade, he probably died before he could come back to her, either before or after she did. And, with the whole "Reincarnation of the Hero" thing, I guess he didn't leave much of a ghost...except for the previously mentioned Hero's Shade...which could just be in his mind...

Anyway, an excellent story, full of heartbreak, hope, and lost love recovered.
Avi of the Avalons chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Absolutely brilliant. I loved it.