Reviews for Bromwell Bound: That One Fateful Summer
Deep Metal chapter 13 . 3/30/2014
I really liked this story and your portrayal of Tom. He was never really my favorite character in the show but I guess I just don't really hate him as much as other fans did. For one thing, I like how Tom in your fic is showing much more visible signs of frustration and anger towards Daria. And there's definitely some justification for it, considering how in the show she was never 100 percent open towards him with her feelings and there were some times when she stood him up over some pretty frivolous things.

I think ultimately, Tom's problem was that he really was too much of a nice guy who went out of his way to be accommodating to Daria all the time and that may have been one factor that cost him his relationship with Daria in the long run.

In any case, your story gave some nice closure between Tom, Daria, and Jane. And it was enjoyable reading a story that at least shares Tom's perspective on things, showing that he can be a pretty reasonable guy whose heart is in the right place. This is probably the best Tom-centered fic I've read thus far. Keep up the good work!
Angelus-alvus chapter 13 . 12/28/2011
Wow...Just wow.

I can't believe a story this awsome had so few reviews.

I really liked this plot.
Kairan1979 chapter 13 . 12/9/2011
I'm not a fan of Tom, but I liked your story.
bellamara chapter 13 . 11/4/2011
Very interesting. Liked it.
reddiablo chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
love this story. I even re read it every once and a while. I wish there were more tom and daria fics
TokyoLover9 chapter 13 . 11/8/2009
Best Tom story ever! Then again, it might be the only one... (I'm not counting the lame bash-fics).

I'm a Tom fan, so I have to say I totally love the hell out of this story! It was wonderfully written and completely in character.

I would have been WAY happier with the end of the series if it had ended things between Daria and Tom like this. I'm really sick of all the stories based off their relationship making Tom out to be the bad guy. Daria made her mistakes too.

I can be happy knowing that there is at least one extremely well written Tom-centric fic out there, so thanks for that!
Respitini chapter 13 . 7/30/2009
Congratulations on finishing. What a remarkable character sketch. I just love that there was no resolution between Tom and either Daria or Jane, and the ennui-laden nonchalance you've given your protagonist is just so perfect for someone of his social status.

Easily the best read on Tom Sloane I've ever read. Well done indeed.
Charliefox2012 chapter 13 . 7/29/2009
This was the most wonderful and best Tomfic ever. Absolutely amazing! It was just perfect. Thank you so much for writing it.
Charliefox2012 chapter 11 . 7/26/2009
Yay! I love how everything worked out. This was a great chapter, all I wonder now is what'll happen to Elsie and how Tom will deal with her? I await next chapter
Charliefox2012 chapter 10 . 7/24/2009
Oh, how can you stop it there. Anyway…will we be seeing a kind and caring Daria, or was Tom better off staying at home? Great chapter, I await the next.
Charliebunny07Charliefox2012 chapter 9 . 7/23/2009
I wouldn't have thought that Tom would really be *that* cold towards Elsie, although, I understand it. Anyway, great chapter. I await next chapter.
Charliefox2012 chapter 8 . 7/22/2009
I love how Tom and Daria are finally growing up and even when they are in each other’s presence they don’t exactly fight like in earlier chapters. I love this and can't wait to see what happens next. I await next chapter.
Respitini chapter 6 . 7/18/2009
Excellent. I especially love the Tom/Daria fights; they make all the sense of any of the arguments I've ever been in with a significant other. The Quinn thing is an interesting development. Looking forward to seeing where this leads.
Charliefox2012 chapter 6 . 7/18/2009
Great chapters. I love that Tom is strong when it comes to Daria, and Quinn’s an interesting addition. My mind creates a lot of ways this could go, but I’ll just wait to see what you do. I await next chapter.
Charliefox2012 chapter 4 . 7/16/2009
I love how all the characters interact with each other. And Tom is still very interesting and I find myself still caring about his story. You've done a great job. I await the next chapter.