Reviews for Fate's Gambit
Rune Tobor chapter 1 . 4/27
I figure the only reasons Harry survived the dursleys are, his magic kept him alive, and the prophecy would not let him die.

Only the dark lord could kill him according to prophecy.
blcoachmac chapter 8 . 4/25
The other Shoe had to drop!
blcoachmac chapter 7 . 4/24
Lol! Charlie being a seeker!
blcoachmac chapter 5 . 4/24
Wow! A pissed off Sirius is a good Sirius!
blcoachmac chapter 2 . 4/24
Justice!
blcoachmac chapter 1 . 4/24
Good story line!
rjcelmore chapter 9 . 4/7
FATES A BITCH, A MOTHER FUCKING GOOD FOR NOTHING BURNING IN HELL, PIECE OF SHIT BITCH!
Sheelahdog chapter 9 . 3/28
What the heck! Trjgger warning please! 3 deaths in 3 subsequent scenes!
Sheelahdog chapter 8 . 3/28
Well that was dark. Child suicide is not something I would have expected.
EdTheBeast chapter 5 . 3/17
An excellent, must read pre-Hogwarts story!
Seud chapter 1 . 3/11
“It was called hope!”

This was unneeded and ruins what you had previously written.

“... it appeared to generate a feeling within him that was totally alien.”

Having written this and then adding on the previous above mentioned quote throws off any buildup. It’s like going into first person, hearing your own thoughts, only to have some weird voice come out of nowhere narrating to others what you’re feeling.

It throws you out of the situation. Ruins the flow of the story. Makes it difficult to take the sad situation seriously.

Which is not something that should be happening when mentioning child abuse and his lack of understanding something like hope, even if the way you cleared that out for people is annoyingly blunt.
Poor Dudley he never had a chance. Children are like clay, they are what their parents mold them into. But I think at 9 years old the right foster parents could have set him on a good path.
Dudley WAS as much a victim as Harry. His parents twisted him into a fat bully whose life was never going to turn out well. They certainly didn't teach him about consequences, he'll have prison in his future. Hell he'd probably be dead by 40 from obesity.
BoOmErTisMe chapter 3 . 2/24
I AM SO VERY GLAD I FOUND YOUR BOOKS!
I. STILL. SAY. YOU. COULD. EASILY. BE . NUMBER. 1. ON . NEW. YORK'S. BEST. AUTHOR/BOOKS. LIST
shalimare chapter 9 . 2/15
Hello, It's beautiful!
I liked it :) thank you for this great moment to reading.
xoxo Shalimare.