Reviews for Fate's Gambit
Thanks
twistedartist chapter 3 . 9/15
my brain decided to sing Luna's questions to the tune of "part of your world" from The Little Mermaid.
ReviewingReader chapter 7 . 9/5
You seem to be under the impression that YoureDumbAsAFuckingDore would actually be able to talk his way out of that. And Fawkes was somehow forced to give a tear, when it's stated very clearly that he isn't actually YoureEvenDumberThanAFuckingDore's familiar, and therefore free to do whatever he wished. Another thing, after all of that, you didn't even have them attempt to use the serum on him? Why? THEN he was even let go for willfully putting Harry in an abusive home, illegally, and never checking up on him.

You're really jumping the gun there, moron. The story went from great, to awful, all because you made this whole chapter terribly unbelievable. They had the ability to jail him for missing a summons, but then couldn't pin anything else on him? I think you're just an idiot, honestly.
Blake2020 chapter 1 . 8/13
great start
ChaseRyans123 chapter 4 . 8/6
I like the idea, and I'm all down for some good Dursley-beating, but nearly everyone in this story is WAY too overreactive! People are going from "Hey, wanna be friends?" To "IMMA GOUGE OUT YOUR EYES FOR THAT, BUB!" In 0.5 seconds flat! Like, In the scene where Harry reveals who he is to Luna and Hermione's families, someone steps toward him and Hedwig flames in ready to attack! Really?! A step in the wrong direction will get you clawed by a Phoenix? And then in that same scene when Grampa tells Harry that the wands are a family secret, Harry immediately starts threatening and insulting him! 1) Harry's grandad is one of the first people to EVER be nice to him and it's completely unbelievable that all it would take is 'secrets' to turn that around. 2) Harry is still fresh out of Dursley-land and wouldn't DARE mouth off to an authority figure like that. Heck, a paragraph earlier people were coming to his defense because he was so terrified of the thought that he'd angered his grandma. You can't have it both ways! 3) Harry gets pissed about keeping secrets, to the point of wishing death over keeping a secret. What? Why?! He cites the Dursleys as his reason, but they never really did any major 'secret-keeping' things to earn that level of vehemence. They didn't tell him about his past, but that's still just low-level dickery compared to all the other stuff they did. Harry's reaction makes no sense.

Also, Harry is far too confident and self-assured for someone who's been tortured and treated as sub-human all his life. He's going around telling his friends parents who he is, inviting them to dinner, telling them how it's going to be, when he should still be barely able to look an adult in the eye without trembling. Harry has been physically abused by his guardians all his life. I've seen the sort of mental conditioning that puts a person into, and realistically Harry should be nervous around adults for nearly his entire life. He will NOT be trusting them with anything, not even his name, and NO WAY will he be telling them where he lives. In his mind, adults will be 'the enemy', not the latest additions to his council of allies.
I love the story! I'm gradually reading all your stories from top to bottom, with the one you are currently in progress with comeing last, in an attempt to let you post more chapters before I get to the current last chapter.
Tiffany Smithi chapter 1 . 8/5
Those first few paragraphs were so touching and sad! Singing happy birthday to yourself like that is just so sad...
The story was good I will have to read fg2
O wormtail is caught early this is great I love it
Stupid old bastard indeed, he never should have left him there
That was an amazing start
Kai chapter 7 . 5/22
With YMD you've given your readers an interesting version of a good Dumbledore, but this one is one despicable old goat molester. You make it really easy to hate him.
Gojin1990 chapter 9 . 5/23
wow you make rita LIKABLE O.O obviously she is still out for number 1 and her own career and all but still DAMN inspiring work that last bit was :D
michaelCCC98 chapter 9 . 5/23
tres good
Newtinmpls chapter 9 . 5/14
I can see why you would end this story here. It has a satisfying resonance; and there are unanswered questions - but there should always be potential. That's what keeps the story bouncing around in my head after reading it.

Or re-reading it.

Another very well thought out enjoyable exploration of HP. Thank you!
1,351 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »