Reviews for Fate's Gambit
ExceleKurokami chapter 9 . 7/9
The fact that Dumbledore let Sirius go to prison in spite of knowing better, letting Death Eaters like Lucius Malfoy and Walden Macnair escape rightful prosecution for murdering Muggles and Muggle-born by doing nothing to force truth serum or bring to light that the Dark Mark only appears on willing hosts, hiring a known Death Eater and shielding the obviously vile and unrepentant monster from justice all mark Dumbledore as evil in my books, and that's before you add him knowingly sending Harry to an abusive environment, continuing to send the boy there when the Blood Wards were worthless, ignoring the boy during his darker moments just to save his own ass and all that he allowed happen in Hogwarts for almost six years!

No, Riddle wasn't the problem, he was a symptom of the problem: the Dumbledore Problem. Two Dark Lords in his lifetime, with him being friend to one and teacher to the other, doing nothing to stop either from completely falling to the Dark, proves the old bastard was a Dark Lord himself.
Reader chapter 4 . 7/8
"Albus Dumbledore sunbathing on a Florida beach was not a sight you would ever wish to see, apart from the obvious wrinkles and hair everywhere, he wore a pair of Bermuda shorts that were too flamboyant for even Xeno Lovegood to consider wearing. While his Panama hat was probably in better taste that his usual attire, the snowman adorned socks and the dragon skin sandals completed the effect of an eccentric millionaire."

Corrected, in spite of me doing my level best to NOT picture the above scene. The only thing I can say is this: at least he was wearing the shorts, socks, sandals and hat! Any less and this story would have fatalities, forget followers!
Some Guy chapter 4 . 7/8
A stable of them? What is 'them,' ponies or Harry Potters?
Smargden chapter 2 . 7/10
I'm in the mood sitting up all night - re-reading the storys, to saad this storry enden here
All good storys.
gginsc chapter 9 . 7/9
I feel sorry that Xeno and Dan won't get to see the kids grow up.
gginsc chapter 5 . 7/9
They could have been a bit more gentle!
Village-Mystic chapter 9 . 6/18
Wow. You made a lot of angsty choices here. I'm not sure if your "fate" isn't like "Badwolf" in that it appears to be about the balance or time, but has a tiny bit of an agenda that is influenced by an impression of human consciousness.

I'm glad that despite what this force of time does (determining and manipulating what is going to be a fixed point), the people still have free will which changes the expression of outcome.

I enjoyed your characterization of Xeno and Dan, and I can see your point as author-as-fate with the parents wanting the best for their children, thus would have been willing to make the sacrifice.

I also enjoyed the fluffy parts of the story, regarding the painting of the grand-parents as the estate and family guardians; and the tour of bits of the Potter estate.
Village-Mystic chapter 7 . 6/17
I like how you are drawing the supporting characters.
Village-Mystic chapter 2 . 6/17
I like your portrait of Rita here - she wants to be an investigative reporter, but her back-up plan is just reporter.
Village-Mystic chapter 1 . 6/17
Because, "magic!" Thanks for this what if.
Redwing1co chapter 9 . 6/2
Great story and very nice story change
(No, Fate, getting penis doesn't negate the loss of a parent. Sorry, try again.)
(Oh, Fate, srsly, get on with rewriting your job description already.)
(Then Fate needs to rewrite her job description...)
Warthogs anag chapter 9 . 5/24
I liked this story and now can't wait to read the second part.
1,384 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »