Reviews for Fate's Gambit
bigfan22 chapter 9 . 5/11
Well damn...I can't believe I missed out on a gem of a story like this...I was sure I had read through all of your fics already. I loved the way you brought the trio together. Now that they are bonded, they can each finally have the support they missed out on in their "previous" lives. Though I have to say I was a little surprised by Dan and Xeno. I can understand Fate needing to balance things out, but that was a tough blow. I wonder if this will lead to anything developing between Emma and/or Mai and Sirius. Once again you have done an outstanding job and now I'm off to read the sequel. GREAT JOB!
rbross94 chapter 2 . 5/1
e
Willgm chapter 9 . 3/29
Brilliant, simply brilliant. I loved every single moment of it and will most likely enjoy part two- which will be read directly after posting this.

Thank you for writing this and I'll look forward to all future projects you work on.
icemsn chapter 4 . 3/20
dealing with dragons reference, hens teeth, love the series, even more than I love HP
Demon Eyes Laharl chapter 9 . 3/20
It's good to know that sacrificing two men, one without any real justification, is called balance. Maybe next time, the women will be killed off and will also be called balance.
Deadache chapter 9 . 3/1
Wow. I haven't been brought to tears this many times in one story, ever. I look forward to reading the sequel, but I'm not sure my heart can take it. Well done.
if fawkes doesnt leave dumbasadoor after attempted murder (not even mentioning all the rest), phoenixes arent really creatures of the light in your story
G Fawkes chapter 9 . 2/20
So- who wrote that final article in the quibbler? It doesn't say.
G Fawkes chapter 7 . 2/19
I know, I know... I am a complete perv and should be struck by lightning, but the first thing I thought when you wrote that Emma would be introducing Maia to bikinis was- "I hope that FIRST she introduces her to Nair and a good 'waxing'." (au naturale is SO 70's!)(shudder) Might not fit the 'time line' though. That kind of thing didn't really take hold til, like '95 or so.
G Fawkes chapter 5 . 2/19
Rhetorical, of course:

There's that 'fine toothcomb' bit again. I've seen that before and couldn't figure it out, Not having hair anymore (I'm vain enough to shave my head so people don't KNOW I'm going bald. Better to wonder, than be sure), I don't need a comb. I do remember the days though, and went through all the stages of 'little black comb in your back pocket', 70's 'afro' period (not me personally) with a pick stuck in it, and even big, huge colored plastic, wide tooth contraptions, hanging out your pocket so you would get stuck in your school desk.
Small teeth, big teeth, red, green, fluorescent, black... I'm quite familiar with the TEETH of combs. To MY knowledge, the phrase- 'a fine tooth comb'- is about going over something in fine detail. 'Leave no stone un-turned' is the same thing. 'A fine tooth comb' makes PERFECT sense- to me. Am I missing something by not 'getting' what you refer to as a 'toothcomb'?
G Fawkes chapter 3 . 2/19
In the magical 'realm', unicorns are real. Why would the 'crumpled horn snorkack'- be a unicorn? Wouldn't he just say 'Oh Luna, what a beautiful unicorn shirt. Wherever did you get it?"
G Fawkes chapter 1 . 2/18
Next stop on my tour! Workin' my way back thruthe list.

Sooooooo good!
Phoenix Paladin chapter 9 . 1/14
An excellent story in itself, now to read the sequel!
Himanshu.99 chapter 8 . 1/12
Whatever Dudley did, he should not have been forced to suicide.
Elaine's Spike chapter 9 . 1/11