Reviews for Fate's Gambit
Saissa chapter 9 . 1/1
Excellent Excellent Story!
Very well done.
Off to read the sequel now!
brightflare chapter 9 . 12/22/2014
Really good story!
BlazeStryker chapter 1 . 12/4/2014
Dudley spilled the beans willingly because he was inside the house. Niiiiice.
dragoncop chapter 9 . 10/31/2014
Don't know if you still read these but this is the forth time I've read fates Gambit and will most likely read it again. After I finish the Trio I will be going to your new piece.
THANKS FOR YOUR WORLD OF H.P.
N Flamel chapter 9 . 10/24/2014
Robert, While this story was short, it packed an incredible wallop. I like how you had Fate scheming in the background, Hedwig the White Phoenix pulling off one miracle after another, Augusta and Amelia showing Wizards the proper to run a government, and finally Rita Skeeter, of all people, becoming the spokesperson for doing what's right, not easy.

Your Dumbledore is despicable and what he attempted to do to Maia is beyond contempt, with his ability to justify anything he does as being for the greater good. I'll be very interested to see how every one of these fascinating characters develop, but I'm especially interested in how far you take DD.

It's been fun reading this early work. Next in line is FG2. Thanks for all your hard work. - Nic
N Flamel chapter 6 . 10/24/2014
Robert, I saw mostly clearly in this chapter the philosophies that made Harry Crow one of the most popular fics in HP fan fiction. The bad guys were found and brought to justice, the wrongly imprisoned Sirius was exonerated and reimbursed for his time in Azkaban, the Goblins, and Ragnok specifically, did everything they could to ensure justice was served, and Augusta Longbottom ran the hearings with complete neutrality, moving the court to a unamimous finding on the Sirius matter, and previously having to do with the liberties taken with Lily and James Potter's will that lead to the arrest of Dumbledore. Along with the adults finally doing the right thing, we also saw Harry, Hermione and Luna bonding with each other with no prejudiced feelings at all, while all this is being watched over by the extremely rare White Phoenix.

Wow! You don't do things by half, do you? Anyhow, the themes that reached their fruition in your masterwork are seen here as old friends in this captivating story. Thanks, Nic
N Flamel chapter 5 . 10/24/2014
Robert, between Harry Crow and this story, I'd say you don't like Dumbledore very much. I have to say I'm in that camp, where you can construct overwhelming evidence of his law breaking and mismanagement of the Potter heir just from canon material. Of course, many fan fic authors have taken it further.

In this overall excellent and highly emotional chapter, I especially liked the casual way Dumbles wiped out all of his mail, based on him seeing the Howlers. Of course, he is now just beginning to see what a huge mistake tate was, since he missed the will opening session, Gringotts barring him based on his theft from the Potter accounts, and now being attacked and arrested in Diagon Alley. Of course, Albus' habit of missing the fine points in most situations is represented quite well in these scenes. - Nic
N Flamel chapter 3 . 10/23/2014
This is the best article 'Rita Skeeter' has ever written. You may need to change your name, Robert!

Wonderful chapter, especially how you had Harry cutting directly to what's relevant and most important. Also the scenes with Hedwig in a White Phoenix form have been fantastic. - Nic
N Flamel chapter 2 . 10/23/2014
When I found out you'd started posting your new story, I went to your bio page to catch up on what you've been doing. First of all, congratulations on your 36th wedding anniversay!

While on the page, I found this little gem. I like how you've alternated what's happening with Harry and the various Dursleys. The contrast couldn't be more stark and more opposite to what had transpired in Harry's previous years in Hell with his so called relatives. Your Vernon is even worse than canon, and your introducing the journal was a brilliant stroke.

I'm enjoying this earlier story, especially Arabella calling DD a 'stupid old bastard,' and repeating that she had told him how Harry was being treated. I hope you hang him with that admission. Well, let's see if Xeno scoops Skeeter on revealing Harry's existence in the next chapter.

Best, Nic
EndlessChains chapter 9 . 10/10/2014
A interesting story. The start was nice as we see that Harry was really damaged from all the abuse and Fate plays a hand in his recovery as she is changing his fate. THere will be repercussions like she said and won't happen for a while. To meet with Luna was interesting and well done as thy feel a connection with each other. The same can be said about Hermione. Both parents were worried about what will happen and that is believable as any parents would worry about what it is that is happening to their child and not know what to do about it. It is good they got to know about Harry and the bonding they are going through.

Hedwig being a Phoenix is an interesting idea and she will be a great help to him as one flies by. Cas and Harry's Grandparents are helping to him as he recovers from the abuse that was undergone by the Dursleys. Albus is a bit furious about this and is arrested but is let to as the DMLE have nothing on him. Quite sad really as he tries to make everything go his way. Fate now comes back and balances as their must be lives taken. The choices of who is understandable and the reasons given were well thought out. Now they will all come through stronger then ever with bees change of events in the past. Thank you. Keep up the good work.
amateurauthor101 chapter 2 . 10/7/2014
I just want to thank you for your amazing stories. I can honestly say of all the stories I've read on this site yours are some of the best. Keep it up!
reader1writer1 chapter 9 . 10/6/2014
i really love that last article.
ruth hammond chapter 2 . 9/25/2014
I like your Arabella figure...always felt she got a raw deal.
BethyQuake chapter 3 . 9/23/2014
Okay I think something is wrong with me... Because out of that whole chapter the only thing I can think of is How can Burgers have a king? Is that like a restaurant or something? I have no idea what you are talking about!
Guest chapter 8 . 9/15/2014