Reviews for Anything for Family
I Didn't Choose The Thug Life chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
You should do a Booth POV. This was awesome and I'd love to hear what Booth thinks about Bones sticking up for him.
haywire666 chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Would love to see booths POV
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
I would love to hear Booth and Bones' take on this conversation as well as his point of view. Great story... nice to see someone wrote putting her in her place and calling her on her control issues.
MidnightRaith chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
Hmm, I'm debating with myself on how to view this particular fic... Was this supposed to be a futurefic, mild AU, or canon with speculation? I don't know, I sort of chose mild AU for a few reasons I'll go into, but in the long run it doesn't really matter because I enjoyed this regardless.

First off, I kind of thought it was weird that you had Brennan and Booth married and Rebecca still struggling with Booth over custody of Parker. In my opinion, after the first few seasons this issue seemed to have been resolved outside what we've been shown, or simply dropped by the characters.

A married B&B I'll probably never get used to until the writers actually do it in the show. It's just one of those things that I can't personally picture in fanfiction. These are mild "complaints" (I'm not really classifying them as such, but it's the closest discription I have) as I could get past them and enjoy the story for what it is.

The only real issues I have with this fic, is probably the grammar and some of the dramatics that Brennan and Rebecca threw at each other. You have some trouble with commas in several places and that can really distract a reader because they control the flow of a sentence. Commas indicate that the reader needs to pause; when you put them in needlessly, it disrupts a fic's flow.

I had trouble with accepting the concept that Brennan would consider throwing them all into a media circus. She typically dislikes even being interviewed and I can't picture her knowingly putting Parker into a mess like that. I think Brennan would recognize that it would be traumatizing to him, even if her social skills are lacking. She's always made good call when it comes to Parker. Perhaps it was a bluff on her part that got lost in the narrative, but that wasn't very clear.

As for Rebecca, I had trouble with the thought that she'd lash out against Booth like that. Perhaps is was only in anger, but she's always seemed to recognize that he was a good man outside of their early custody disagreements. They resolved his jealousy issues in the show and I had difficulty picturing her bringing it up again.

Aside from that, this fic was generally realistic. I don't see it happening in show quite like this, which is why I'm considering it a mild AU. At most, I see the show going into Booth legally setting up his weekends with Parker if the issue gets addressed again. Otherwise, I thought you got Brennan and Rebecca right. This fic was entertaining and I liked that you addressed that this was an issue at one point. Most of the fandom seems to disregard Rebecca and either ignores her or kills her off. The latter annoys me to no end. She's a legitimate character and needs to be represented properly. You got that right and I applaud you for it.

Thanks for the read. :)

Raith
vampiresrockroza chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
I think you portrayed Brennan very well in this one-shot and I hope keep writing :)
Jazmingirl chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
yes a Booth POV will be awesome

really great story you got there
ripmaflrp chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
continue this! its sooo amazing and to continue it would make my entire fall break worthwild!
rose-twilight82 chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
I'd love to see a continuation of this one shot! The characters are very nicely done, though I suspect in the long run that Bones and Booth will need to take Rebecca to court for custody. Based on her previous behaviour I just don't think she'd change that much as to allow Booth fair access to Parker indefinately. I can see her intimidated by Bones in the short term though. So I hope to see this continued!
sweet psychologist chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
You did a GREAT job on this story! Loved: 1) that Booth and Bren were married; 2) that Bren showed an amazing degree of social skills and insights that were obviously gleened from her years with Seeley 3)that Bren was fiercely protective of her husband and his son 4)that Rebecca was forced to face her own issues and insecurities regarding Seeley and 5) that they were going to be able to be a blended family that revolved around what was best for Parker.

And, yes, please post from Booth's POV.
iamladyliberty chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
damn, this was intense. i wish they could just film this entire scene between the two of them, so deadly, so dead on. i love a furious but brilliant temperance, i love a modern american hero, i love the journal (i could totally see brennan starting something like that way before they got together) i love the fury, so good.

thanks for writing! i agree that a booth POV would definitely add to this piece, but as a stand alone it is already incredibly powerful stuff. you are an amazing writer.
cati.luvs.castle chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
so great! i'd like to see Booth's POV and maybe also what Booth has to say to Bones about it :) i really like it though.
Michelle Weasley Fenton chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Hey!

I believe is a great idea to know what Booth hear and his thoughts about his wife "activities" also you can put Booth confronting Bones about what he hear and what happened after the trip.

yeah...big words!
LostObsession chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
I really loved this, and I can see Brennan actually having this kind of talk with Rebecca. In fact, it's kind of what I've been hoping would happen if Booth and her get together and Rebecca keeps manipulating Booth with Parker.

I understand if you decide to leave it the way it is since Brennan's offer to dog-sit is a good ending, but I think it would be better if you write one more chapter, either with Booth's POV, or better yet, maybe with a conversation between Booth and Brennan after Rebecca leaves, talking about what happened. It would be nice to see how Booth reacts to Brennan's action without Rebecca there.

Great story!
VegasButterfly chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Love it. I love how Bones defends Booth and Parker. Great job, I would love to see Booth's Pov.
McGiva chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
great job! i can't wait til you update... i hate rebecca with a passion!