Reviews for The Price of Devotion
lauthom chapter 18 . 1/15/2008
I really like this story. you have captured Obi-wan very well.
Estellia chapter 18 . 12/17/2006
Update sometime please?

I really liked The Phantom Menance, though not when Qui-Gon died *sobs*. OK joking.

I agree that JA is an awesome series, but it's quite hard to get hold of them in the library due to popularity. Sigh.

Overall, I think this is very well-written, you've portrayed Obi-Wan like a human instead of Jedi, which I think is realistic. After all, he left the Jedi once.

Good work!
beatletrekkie chapter 18 . 3/21/2006
I just found this story and I really like it. It makes me want to watch TPM again, if that doesn't mean you write a moving story, I don't know what does. :)

I hope you write more soon!
Katieelessar chapter 2 . 2/11/2006
I still love this story and your writing! Please continue!
swiftykenobi chapter 18 . 12/23/2005
Oh, please don't stop here! I love this story. You do a wonderful job telling it from Obi-Wan's perspective. Update soon!
Jinx chapter 18 . 12/8/2005
Well. This is probably the best TPM-fic I've ever read. It's funny and sad at the same time, and that's what TPM is all about (in my opinion at least). Your characterisation of Obi-Wan is loyal to the movies and that's actually quite rare.

I've been following this fic for a long time and just want to tell you to keep up the good work. I believe we're all waiting impatiently for the next entries. It's easy to understand that sometimes RL just goes before these things but hopefully you will finnish this as soon as possible!

(Patience, my young padawan :)

Yeah. And merry christmas and all.
Katieelessar chapter 18 . 12/2/2005
Sorry my review is so late. RL and the like have been making me forget, but I remembered finally! This was my favorite chapter out of the three segments as short as it was. You need to update soon! I'm so apprehensive about the final duel! I can't wait!

I love this story! Please continue, continue.

Fifilla chapter 1 . 11/24/2005
OK, now we waited long enough - give us an update! Please!
Phlooty chapter 18 . 10/26/2005
Amazing amazing amazing!

Sorry I haven't reviewed in a while... I've been over in the pre-tpm universe... But I have returned!

This is SO good! Can't wait for the next one... even though with every entry, we get closer to Qui-Gon dying... *cries*

Whenever you right that part, be sure to have a box of tissues handy, cause I'll need 'em. ;)

Oh, and however you want to post the story is fine by me...
koriaena chapter 18 . 10/18/2005
and we come up to the battle scenes. cool! -
Katieelessar chapter 17 . 10/12/2005
Yay yet another chapter! It was just as brilliant as your last ones. You did a great job making the scene very interesting. I've always wanted to know what Obi-Wan was thinking during this scene in the movie because to me, when I watched it the first time, I thought when he spoke up it seemed kind of random and obvious. Thanks for making sense out of it! Now I'll watch the movie and remember this chapter.

O I can hardly wait for Monday *does a dance* Yay!

Oh and thank you for your compliment, it's *my* pleasure to read your story. It is truly excellent!

Send it in to Scholastics someday!

miss kilis wale chapter 16 . 10/11/2005
Hi! I am sorry I didnt reviewed all the other chapters, but I have been so caught in the whole of it that I couldn't think to take the time to do it. Man, this is so great! I always wondered why they didn't issued the journal of obiwan kenobi, back in 19, like for the other characters, and there's so much o be told, as your fanfic proves! And even if I didn't read the books like jedi quest or apprentice, this is just what I wanted to read of Obiwan. I completely agre with your vision of ObiWan as not self confident at all, and desperately bound to QuiGon. This is exactly what I imagined about the character, and what makes me like him best of all.

Just a question (or perhaps a suggestion): are you going to use some of aotc and rots material about quigon? Wish you are, because I'm a qui gon fanatic and I think this character is so mysterious with all his possibility of dark connection and stuff, he shouldn't be overlooked.

Anyway, you write great! I'll be looking forward to more chapters!
Lindele chapter 16 . 10/2/2005
Lovely chapter. I can't wait for the next one.

I'll prolly cry at the Duel of the Fates. Every time I watch TPM I'm always yelling at Obi to run faster. It never works. -sniff- Qui always dies. -sob-

I would love to see this go to Obi's return to the Temple. That'd be great.
Lindele chapter 15 . 10/2/2005
I've loved your story. It's incredible. But I have to say, this is my favorite chapter so far. Very good job!
Katieelessar chapter 16 . 10/2/2005
Well first of all, yay update! It was wonderful as always. I agree, this part of the movie was pretty dull, but you did a great job making it interesting! I laughed when Obi-Wan thought 'Could it be I was maturing? Nah, not me.' :D

I'm actually looking forward to this new way of posting, creates more suspension and drama. Hee hee.

As for the Duel of Fates...what do I want as a reader? For Qui-Gon not do die! Ah! But that's kind of out of the question. I would like to see Obi-Wan desperate, feeling more desperate than he's ever felt before becasue he *knows* something's going to happen. Other than that, I'm leaving the rest to you because I'm no good at suggestions. :)

As for how far it should go, beyond the celebration scene of course and into the loneliness of Obi-Wan at the Temple, but end it happy with Anakin! Something along those lines...

So please forgive me for my long post, I hope this encourages you to keep writing. Yay for RoTS, giving you your inspiration. It works for me all the time! :)

Great post, keep writing!