Reviews for Hikaru no Ramen
I came in reluctant, but the whole title concept was rather interesting in implementation. I half expected some sloppy future scenes where he wins in blindfold games of go while preparing orders something and was pleasantly surprised.
Wow ~
RustedEagleWings chapter 12 . 11/4/2014
Brilliant story! I can't believe I haven't read this story yet! Yay! I can't wait for more!
kalmaegi chapter 12 . 9/17/2014
Ahhhh Hikaru no Ramen! What a nostalgic fanfic, I've always loved this one since it pictures Hikaru trying another path for Go despite not meeting Akira on his younger years. Also, the amount of research the story obviously went through is amazing. Like, I'm reading a real spin off for HnG.
roseaj chapter 12 . 8/30/2014
That was such a beautifully written story and I loved the way that the time leaps were thoroughly connected from beginning to end. Great pace, great flow and great characterization. I like how Sai allowed Hikaru to go his own path in life while still subtly nudging him in a direction that still contained Go. I loved how your Hikaru was mature and confident in who he is as a person and what he loves doing while still being unsure as to where his future would end up. Wonderful writing!
Liffae chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
I enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing your talent.
Thorn D. Cinni chapter 1 . 8/14/2014
Lisa Telramor chapter 12 . 8/6/2014
Ah, this was a good read. I love a well researched, well written, in character fic. _ Thank you for writing this!
Ciekawa Osoba chapter 12 . 7/6/2014
Very, very talented. There is a hole being filled by esama's complete erasure, and Hikaru no Ramen is one of its constituents.
You gave me a plot-bunny with your goban-of-ethereal-light with Sai vs. Torajirou. Might I be able to work off it?
This will be reread. Igo Ramen... I wonder if he'll ever meet any baduk players...?
Guest chapter 12 . 6/20/2014
I liked the story overall but didn't understand why you chose to end it in the past instead of along the current timeline.
hee7 chapter 12 . 4/18/2014
This story was a joy from start to finish. Thank you for writing it!
Sojiro888 chapter 7 . 3/23/2014
I really liked how you kept the revelation of Hikaru's NetGo handle for this chapter. There's a nice bilingual bonus when Ogata uses the word "deshi" for those who can guess it'd be the sort of handle Hikaru would use, and then we can have the confirmation in the second half.
Sojiro888 chapter 3 . 3/23/2014
Really nice story so far. I'm glad to have finally found a HnG fanfic worth reading.
Guest chapter 12 . 3/13/2014
I personally think Hikaru is too weak at go.
He spent years more with Sai then he did in the manga, and there Hikaru was about even with Akira at 16.
I don't think the Insei class did more help for his go then playing with, for and being thought by Sai.

And the ending wasn't really an ending more as a... pause mid story. I would have liked to see him beat Seiji in an even game before the end.

But the writing was good. I hope you write more Hikaru no Go stories at least.
musme chapter 12 . 8/16/2013