Reviews for The Wrong Place at the Wrong Time
Bertha Darling chapter 1 . 3/12
Wonderful!
V.Evergreen chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
That was really nice and I loved winonas last line :)
irezel chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
very sweet...3
mags1587 chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
This is fantastic! Love this - just the idea that yes, Kirk had to explain this all to his mother. She's shocked now, just wait until she gets the whole story.
Kiwee chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
I...I don't think Winona was abusive, per se, but certainly neglectful, driven by grief and memories haunting her every step. This is shown so very clearly here, her love and her concerns and the soul-crushing knowledge that she failed, perhaps not in all ways, but in so very many that /matter/. The interaction at the ending is warming, like the first step to healing a festering wound, but sobering in that it takes a near-death experience before it happening.
TillKingdomCome chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Wow... just wow.

I have read a lot of fics lately for this movie, but I don't think I've understood Winona Kirk and her actions until just now. I definately teared up while reading this fic.

This: Frank had seen something in her weary, brittle self that she'd forgotten she used to possess; he'd given her back her ability to believe in herself again, to be the Winona Morrison who'd looked up at the stars and seen only endless possibility rather than echoing emptiness. But everything taken for herself had been something taken from Jimmy and Sam...

Everyone always writes Frank as the meanest lowlife there could possibly be in all the fics I read, but then again most of them are from Jim's POV, and I always thought this was strange because why would Winona marry such a jerk? I really think you showed that here.

And this: "George, you should be here," she whispers to the darkened console.

That last line really broke my heart into a million pieces. Poor Winona.

I really loved seeing this comm call between Jim and his mom that has been betrayed in so many fics I have read, but never with the true characterization that I think you've given it. I liked it alot, so thanks for writing something so entertaining and enjoyable.
Jan-AQ chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
love it.
rosebudmelissa chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Wonderful, you should consider putting these together into one story, since they seem to be linked.
DramaLexy chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
AMAZING. i loved it. :-)
Indredi chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
What a great story- I totally agree with your interpretation of Winona Kirk, it is nice to see her portrayed as a sympathetic character rather than a villain. Thanks!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
Very well done. All mothers play this balancing act between children and self, and none more than one who is in Starfleet.

And Kirk? I think he learned from Spock what it might be like to lose a mother, even one he hasn't seen for a while.
JCassie241 chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
I first read this story some time ago, and foolishly did not bookmark it at the time. I was never able to forget it, and finally managed to rediscover it tonight after digging through no less than 400 other archived fanfics on . I couldn't re-read the story and make it a favorite of mine without a note to you letting you know just how much I enjoyed it. You've got an absolutely beautiful grasp of character here, and with the unique plot (not to mention finally getting to see Winona as something other than a demonic character, which is utterly refreshing) this story really stands head and shoulders above what I've seen in this fandom. You did a wonderful job, and I hope you write more soon! You're a real asset to the fandom and it could use more outstanding stories like this one. Great work. :)
Neekie chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Absolutely gorgeous-especially the last two paragraphs.
Phoenix.Writing chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
Aw. This made me cry. Great job of capturing Winona and her perpetual 'Fleet widow worry and then that stunned amazement when she's confronted with Acting Captain Kirk instead. All those parallels and that "we got him" that she understands immediately... It's definitely a spectre that's haunted the family forever, and the closure is very welcome.

I don't like her being dismissed out of hand as an abusive/absent mother, either, and I found that you very effectively presented a grief-stricken woman who's done the best that she could but can recognize in restrospect her own failings-and hope for the future.

Thanks for sharing. _
ShadowedHand chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
That was beautiful. Thank you.