Reviews for Firefight
wotumba1 chapter 2 . 11/9/2011
witsec definitely didn't do a good job here

glad that nothing worse happened

good story!
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
that really doesn't sound good for them!
MyLifeIsComplete chapter 2 . 10/23/2010
great story. loved this line: "Charlie cut him off, continuing to talk quickly. "You'll be fine? That means you were hurt."" You always make me laugh!
simanis chapter 2 . 7/17/2009
Well Done! Another enjoyable read.

thanks!
yiting86 chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Good story..Wait to read more.
softballchic34 chapter 2 . 7/15/2009
Loved this! Don's phone call to Charlie was great. I like how their gunshots were covered by the fireworks at first. Poor Don just cant seem to stay out of trouble. Brilliant writing overall!
PattyB chapter 2 . 7/14/2009
Real good; a very satisfying end.

I particularly liked your description of police procedure and how even a FBI agent has to explain

and justify his actions.

Oh, loved Robin's anger. She's a pretty formidable

lady and a force to be reckoned with. I'm glad she's

on Don's side!
schmidj3 chapter 2 . 7/14/2009
Loved it. I really enjoy your stories - please keep sharing your talent with us!
Zubeneschamali chapter 2 . 7/14/2009
I hope you never run out of inventive ways of getting Don in trouble. :) I love the idea of the gunshots blending in (or not!) with the fireworks...reminds me of "The Man Who Knew Too Much". And Charlie's optimum viewing location cracked me up, as did his analysis after the fact. Great job!
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 2 . 7/14/2009
I missed this somehow when it was posted, but I read it this afternoon.

Great action sequence - amazing imagery - Don and Rodan shooting at each other during the fireworks! And I loved Don subjecting to the police, knowing they would have to put him in cuffs until they were sure of his identity, even though he was hurt.

Don's call to Charlie was icing on the cake. Loved it. Loved Charlie talking about the anomalies and Don explaining what they really were. I have to say one thing, I don't think I ever want to piss Robin off. She was really upset with WitSec.

Great story. Lots of wonderful images and emotions here in only two chapters.

We have really been bless lately with stories from you; first Defence in June, then Assault immediately after that and now, just a few weeks later another great one. Hope you have some more planned for us in the near future.
Wenwalke chapter 2 . 7/14/2009
Nice finish to the story. This chapter was as good as the first. Great story, thanks.
PattyB chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
I'm certainly not a fan of Rodan but ya gotta admit

it's pretty clever of him to go after Don at a fireworks display.

Even if Don hadn't gone for the hot dogs, Rodan could

have concealed a sniper shot in the midst of all the noise and excitement. Don could have been dead before

anyone was the wiser. Shudder . . .

Good job. Looking forward to Chapter 1.
Keyanna chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Oh no, Don! Although I have to admit that every time I see the name "Rodan" it makes me think of the Godzilla film series monster. Attacking cities wasn't enough for you anymore, huh, Rodan? Lousy stinkin' #$&% !

Also, while it's definitely secondary to my concern for Don's well-being, part of my mind is fairly gleeful at the prospect of Witness Security getting in big trouble for this.

You know, I have a feeling that it was a really, really bad move on Rodan's part to taunt Don about going after Charlie and the others. Don doesn't much like anyone who threatens people he cares about. Go Don, go! And don't get killed!
Wenwalke chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Great story, loved the way you set it up.

Looking forward to Chapter 2 tomorrow.
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Love the use of the props. Very clever.

You already know I love Don in trouble or danger, so you know how much I enjoyed this.

Robin was the perfect foil for his anger and frustration. I love the way you wrote the two of them.

I have to say I love the idea of Don taking Robin to McArthur Park to meet his family and Larry and Amita to watch fireworks. It's nice to think that they actually get to do normal things like that once in a while.

But, Rodan. Oh, my goodness. He's sounds absolutely ruthless. I hope Charlie comes after Don. I know that's the last thing Don wants, but at least it might create a distraction, allowing Don to turn the tables on Rodan.

Really looking forward to tomorrow's chapter. I'll have to set my alarm. See you then.