Reviews for An empty room, a crowded heart
X5thAvenueX chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Oh, I really loved this!

Favorite lines:

"And so she says “You could have called” and by the time she realises what she’s done, it’s too late.

In a way, it always has been." - Especially this line!

"Sometimes, she tries to remember his face and she can’t. And it kills her."

"They gather, warm and soft, in the light of the bullpen, and Abby is a child, and Gibbs is a father, and McGee is much more of a man than he remembers. And Ziva is so silent, and half smiling, and watchful, and guarded, and caged.

He does not hear her footsteps when she moves, and only wants to hear her breathing in his ear.

He sighs.

It is good to be home" - All of this is just amazing, particularly the bit about McGee.

"She stands in front of a mirror and wonders how it ever got to this, and then she feels his fingers on her skin and remembers what it was like to taste his lips and pretend to be pretending.

She is so caught up in something, and she doesn’t quite know what it is.

He wants to kiss her, and doesn’t know where to start.

They are lonely souls." - Wow, what an ending!

Thought the whole thing was wonderful, like all of your stuff :)
Shadowhunter536 chapter 2 . 8/21/2009
please continue
AntiNickname chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
Gah! This is so sad! I want to hate it for being so sad, but it's really nicely written and touching, so I can't :P.

Sigh. Makes me want to cry for them.
agentscully6 chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
this is just beautiful. love it!
Autumn Dae chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Okay, I basically love this entire oneshot.

Favorite lines, of course:

"They were a world apart, and Ziva was never any good at building bridges, and she never has the words she needs. I miss you. I like you. I think I might love you.

I want you to come home with me. I can’t leave you on this ship. I can’t fly away from you.

In a way, it always has been."

I couldn't pick only one. They were just so, so right.

"She wanted him to keep them under his pillow and in his pocket, and next to his skin, and to take them out when it was quiet and trace her smile with a gentle thumb. The one blurry shot she has of him has been worn away by the furtive caresses of a fingertip."

So sad. :(

"No. She does not want it to be the same. She wants to be able to kiss him with soft and honest lips. She wants to wake up next to him and find him watching her with smiling sleepy eyes, and she wants to wear his shirt and make breakfast and curl, like a cat, in his lap on a slow Sunday afternoon."

Aw...

You nailed Ziva perfectly, the struggle with her abilities and desires, the want of something different-I only stuck with a few lines only because it'd be ridiculous to quote the entire story in this single review. Nonetheles, it was beautiful as always. Fabulous!
Gemcity08 chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Fantastic! When you watch the episode, you can just sense the desire, then disappointment, surrounding Ziva. She totally did her hair before meeting up with Tony, and we all know what that means :)

I love the "pretend to be pretending" line. So accurate.

Congrats on (almost) being done with school!
aldean10 chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
i lover it... its so them! write more stories cause i love urs
djEskimo chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Good work. I like this :)
brightblue chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Oh that was just beautiful. A lovely little drabble. I think you perfectly captured the heartbreaking tone of Tony and Ziva in season 6...it's kind of like they've both almost given up on each other in a way. At times you see their former connection peeking through, but then they are back to their safe places.

I especially loved the bits about the photos on Tony's wall...the photos are a never-ending amazement for me. Ziva didn't have much of a reaction to Tony having them on such public display, but was off-the-handle about McGee having them (rightfully so). I think your depiction is probably how Ziva would really feel. Though, on the other hand, I think it's safer for both of them that Tony had them out in the open. I think Ziva could be more outwardly comfortable and appreciative (and mock outraged) of Tony objectifying her rather than cherishing her. (Though, OMG, what a lovely Tiva moment that would've been, if she discovered the pics in a more hidden location! Also hilarious, because we all know what Tony's been up to with those photos.) The same holds true for Tony...he can pretend he was just objectifying her, that she is just "one of the team" on his board, but...3 bikini photos? Really? Hee. Also, practically, he gets to see those more often and perhaps brag a little bit about "his girl." (There's another amusing scenario for you...Tony telling all the seamen that Ziva is his girlfriend or whatever.)

It's also an interesting contrast to Ziva having Rivkin's photo both on her desk and in her phone. Makes me wonder if TPTB did that intentionally... (a lot of things that pop up make me wonder that...either TPTB can be more brilliant than I give them credit for, or else they just get damn lucky and I over-analyze things...)

Oy. Now I've written you a crazy-long review. :) But again, fabulous job. You have such a talent with words. I respect and admire that... Kudos for writing a story that makes me think about the characters and their development. The true mark of a good fanfic! :)