Reviews for Tin Man: What Memories Can Bring
merideath chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
A very powerful and emotionally wrought piece. You really feel the depth of Jeb's emotion and character here and what Adora suffered through at Zero's hands and her choice to keep her son safe.

"Dad seethed as he pressed his bloody, swollen lips together. He matched his father's stance. The Longcoats couldn't hurt people like this. His father wouldn't break; he couldn't break either." - I love this passage so much. Poor Jeb, poor Wyatt, and poor Adora too.

As for Zero, such a unrepentant sick bastard. Thank you so much for pointing me in the direction of this fic. - Merigirl on Lj.
Samwise Baggins chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
This was well done. I wish you had gone far enough with it to reveal just what Jeb was thinking when Wyatt hugged him.

However, the real reason I read this story (and I'm glad for it now) was to review your map site, since I couldn't do a review without a story.

I love it. I have been working on a map myself since my story involves all the OZ. I am unfamilair with Frank Baum's other works (I only saw his first Oz story and bits of the Return to Oz cartoon). Thus, I am workign completely from the Tinman series for making my map.

Thanks for the help with yours. I found a few missing places, and some verbal directions that were given in the movie, but you said not to let you know, so I'll shut up. :-)

Again, great idea for a story. Would be nice to take it further...

Sam
animegus farmus chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
So I decided to give this one a try - I didn't realize when you said we got to see Jeb beaten you meant child Jeb but makes sense since we saw some of it. Interesting progression of Jeb's thoughts - would have like to go all the way to his running into Cain, especially since they thought the suit had killed him. Wonder how he'd view that - shame at thinking his dad was not strong enough or awed that he was. 'Cause when you think of it, Cain had to have some massive mental strength to come out of the Tin Suit after eight or so years as mentally intact as he was.

Also, I don't count shooting oneself to prevent the bad guys from getting information from you as suicide - that's like throwing yourself on a grenade: it's not that you want to die, it's that you don't want those around you to. "Greater love hath no man..."

Anyhoo, that was interesting, especially as it showed just how far the Cain family would go for what they thought was right and for their family (in that order). Though I could see how Jeb would not be feeling thrilled by Cain's words of pride seeing as I kinda think he was straying from the path a little. And now, back to studying...:p
LAKenobi chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
I rewatched Tin Man the other day and was definitely wondering what Jeb had seen that made him react that way to "I'm proud of you son". Great story.
Vashti chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
So I have begun reading...and it's really interesting. I'm definitely being reeled in by the possibilities and questions this first chapter raises, esp considering what we know of the canonical story.

Reading on...
gatechic chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
I absolutely loved this story! I liked the different POVs. Your interpretation of what Adora and Jeb went through is haunting and appropriate given the situation. *hugs you*

I'm glad my idea was part of your inspiration for this.
BookWorm37 chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Holy shit this story was good. Made my eyes tear up, but good nonetheless. I don't often read angst, but after you mentioned it I thought I might as well check it out. I'm glad I did.
AmericanFairy chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
Wow, that was so absolutely amazing! I love how you portrayed Adora and Jeb by switching between their POVs. Very well done!
Cat Yuy chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Nicely done.
Amorisa chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
*squeals in delight*

I remember you mentioning this idea! You've wrought it so powerfully! The shifting POVs round the story out nicely. You've made Zero even more of a Bastard than he's usually drawn as, which is saying something! Poor Adora. :(

AND, you know how much I like that opening sequence. *le sigh*