Reviews for Never
TheDanseMacabre chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Your stories aways add so much depth to the characters, while still capturing their personalities. What Muldoon says about it never having been about the children is just really ingenius. I don't know how you think of all this stuff when it seems so much like something the characters would actually say. And Gennaro's thoughts on everyone in the park are just awesome. How he calls Nedry 'Nerdy', I always thought of that. And you made me really feel sorry for Gennaro and his wife. They seem like a good couple.

I'm a huge fan of yours. I pretty much made this account just to follow your stories. I hope you post some more.
wolfdog127 chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
wow, i like it.
My Lady Vader chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
Wow. This was really good. I think that you got the character's personalities down really well, Hammond especially. He really seemed like he did in the book. Muldoon losing his temper like that against Hammond was a great touch, as I can see him saying all those things. And adding the little bit about Gennaro and his family was a good touch as well, and that he felt like a failure. This whole story was just brilliant.

Bluedermis chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Well...I've been trawling for a bit of time, recently. I've seen some good stories with terrible grammar, and bad stories with good grammar. However, I rarely see a good story with good grammar, but I have seen one now. Congratulations on such a magnificent story. If I was able to write with even one tenth of your skill, I would consider it a great talent.

I do hope you continue writing, and that your following stories are as well made as this one is.
Sassy Lil Scorpio chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
Wow! This was really good! I'm not a big Gennaro fan, but I'm so glad to have read a fic about him. I was very intrigued by your title (which fits so well-and we see why by the end of the story) and your summary caught my attention. There were times where I read it and I laughed. I don't know if you meant to write the tone or narrator's voice to sound exasperated and frustrated, but it came off that way; it was a nice touch and also funny. Puppy-eyed tyrannosaur was funny too! I'm imagining the Tyrant Lizard making these big puppy eyes-too funny! Great way to say they are too docile (well for Hammond they are, to me, it was ferocious!)

I really like how you tie in the seriousness of this fic. I like how you delved into Gennaro's life (so he's a criminal and a corporate lawyer? very cool!) and his views on what's going on now that Jurassic Park is upside-down on inspection night. I like that he's flustered with his work and that now that he sees how dangerous Jurassic Park really is...that he's not all about the money anymore.

I love both movie and book, JP, but there are aspects of book JP that are really important to the story such as Hammond's naivety (sp?). Just the fact that he thinks he can create another park while people are dying at the moment is disturbing and so like Hammond's character. It shows how greedy he is. His priority is his wallet, not his grandchildren, or anyone's children for that matter. And at the end when Muldoon shouts that "it was never about the children" was so powerful and chilling at the same time.

I also really loved Muldoon's dialogue especially when he says this isn't a game, that Hammond makes the same mistake over and over again, and that he flaunts the dinosaurs as if they were his new toys. This was so Muldoon. I could picture and hear his voice. It matched his character exactly and the way he truly feels about dinosaurs.

I have a few suggestions before I close my long-winded review, and I hope it's helpful for you. When you write dialogue, it's better to space it out so that it's easier to read. For example:

"What do you think? I estimate that it will only take us about half the time to get the new park set up, and-"

"John, there are so many problems in the genetics of these creatures. You saw the information Arnold and Wu had. They aren't-"

"Children want the real thing, Donald, and I intend to give it to them. No watered down, puppy-eyed Tyrannosaur here, no sir!"

You also had very few minor spelling errors, such as need for a hyphen, you can just have it as "disliked".

Overall, a wonderful fic and a very fun read. I'm so glad to see you writers exploring JP's minor characters. For me, they are the treasure of Jurassic Park. I really hope you'll write more fanfics starring the InGen staff! We need more fics aout them! Keep up the amazing work!