Reviews for Masks
Taggg chapter 72 . 4/8
Oh, this talk Jazz and Prowl had... It was truly heartbreaking moment T_T the most in the story so far, I think. Fang issues with his sparkling and partner were saaad too, but this.. Awwwww
vizer17 chapter 51 . 12/21/2015
Darn you I was trying to cut back on the fanfiction and now you had to go and get me hooked on masks now can't stop reading it. It's one of those stores where you just can't stop reading once you start I hope it never stops sure how i'd feel now if I stopped reading it.
thingsoftheheart chapter 113 . 10/2/2015
This is a jaw-dropping, incredibly amazing story!

I'm pretty sure I started reading it at some point a few years ago, but I never finished it. This time around, though, it honestly took me around 3 weeks to completely finish. Granted, I was only reading a couple chapters at a time, mainly whenever I had free time in between classes, or when I was supposed to be studying, or really late at night. I am so glad I stuck with it this time, as this story has been such an exciting thrill to read.

I'm excited that you decided to rewrite/edit this story and I cannot wait to read it. Not that this story isn't fantastic the way it is now! Because it definitely is. Other than a few misplaced sentences here and there and some character name swaps throughout, I think this story is remarkably well-written. However, I do understand why you might want to edit and change some things, and I'm very excited to see what you decide to do with it.

I don't know if you've ever thought about it, but I think turning this story into a trilogy would be a great idea. There are several fantastic arcs throughout this story, and I think they would be even better appreciated in 3-part series. And it would really help with the word count, which quite honestly is incredibly daunting and almost caused me to turn away several times. At almost a million words, this is by far the longest story I've ever read. While I was reading, it was very easy to forget that everything was taking place in the span of a few weeks. At times it felt like a lifetime.

You are an amazing writer, and this story will forever be one of my favorites.
The Defenestrated Typewriter chapter 17 . 7/8/2015
My guess for the spy is the vending machine, its got to many mentions for a piece of random background stuff. Also there was the one that was brought to life by the all spark in the first film, it was green and i don't remember if it was actually killed
autobotlover chapter 113 . 6/21/2015
Welcome back! LOVE THIS FIC! Heading over to Ao3 to catch up!
Guest chapter 113 . 3/31/2015
Oops, I started reading Masks v 2.0 and enjoyed it so much that I couldn't wait for you to edit it, so I came back here (with the caveat that you weren't entirely happy with it and were planning to rewrite it) to read an almost 1 million word fic that you are in the process of rewriting. Because Masks v 2.0 was so good that I could not wait the few days it would take you to upload the next chapter.

I hope you take that as the compliment that it very much is. Even knowing what you wanted to change beforehand and bracing myself to catch flaws here and there, I actually didn't notice most of what you yourself pointed out. The story is good enough to get lost in, and maybe if I read it again I would notice more, but as it was I'm just so excited that you're rewriting this.

I love the new early development of Fangface, and I'm excited for you to catch up to here Masks v 1.0 is so that I can find out what happens with Skyfire and Skywarp and Thundercracker and Starscream, all of whom are very broken in their own ways and all of whom my heart was breaking for by chapter 112. I find myself hoping that Thundercracker, as the missing piece in this tangled web of people loving and hurting each other, comes in and is able to see things with a different perspective. And, god, what a perspective that's going to be! Skywarp is horrified by what he did when he wasn't capable of processing it, but here's Thundercracker who WAS aware the whole time, who back in the beginning visibly still loved Starscream and seemed to be aware of at least some measure of the pain he'd put himself through for their group, even if he'd stopped interfacing with him. And he's going to be coming back to Skyfire, who's a neutral and incredibly unhappy with the war, to a Skywarp who's capable of understanding what he's done for the first time in AGES and of Thundercracker's knowing compliance in those acts, and of what THUNDERCRACKER'S done, and a broken revived Starscream at the brink of suicide, who's done incredibly horrific things to Skyfire such that Skyfire and Skywarp have both divorced him. So many delicious tangled threads!

And Prowl and Jazz and Ranger. I can't quite convince myself that you don't know exactly where you're going with this; as much as the characters talk about despair and no point and how awful this situation is, with no possible answer in sight, you're not the kind of author who puts the characters in these sorts of situations just for the emotional agony it brings the reader. You're going somewhere with this, even if we can't see yet where it is. Though for my part, I'm fairly sure that if Jazz waited for Prowl all these years, he'd be willing to wait until Ranger is of age, none of this nonsense about Jazz finding another partner when he HASN'T all these years when he and Prowl weren't partnering. I have a feeling Prowl, in his despair, might not be seeing how desperately in love with him Jazz is.

And as much as my main focus isn't on Sam/Mikaela/Bee, I love how you're handling their own perspectives and prejudices and the baggage they're bringing to the relationship. And I'm particularly grateful for the fact that you're addressing the baggage and privilege Sam in particular brings to his interactions with the world, even when he means well, and especially grateful that Bee and Mikaela manage to redirect that or address it most of the time.

The long and short of this is that you have a great story here, and I'm really glad you're writing a version of it you can be happier and finish, because I'm excited to see where it's going. New plot threads, old plot threads, everything.
K chapter 56 . 3/28/2015
Mikaela, finally! *sighs*
Kusajishi chapter 48 . 3/28/2015
Ugh, Idk if I'm the only one with that point of view, but Mikaela is a jerk. She's so quick to judge Sam, and she's so biased against Sam, sometimes I wonder why she's even still seeing him. Does it not occur to her that she is in fact cheating on him? Emotionally I mean. With Bee. Who doesn't want to because it would hurt Sam.

The way I see it, she blames most of the coolness in their relationship(on her end) on Sam, because he isn't as wise as Bee, blah blah. She needs to know that humans aren't perfect, and honestly, she's FAR from perfect herself. Sam's trying so hard, she doesn't even try to reciprocate. All she knows is whine to Bee, and then blame Sam, and start her own pity party.

If she doesn't like him anymore, she should just break up with him and stop being so damned self righteous and making excuses anywhere.

Make no mistake, I am not criticising your writing. It is brilliant. The character study is wonderful. Just annoyed with Mikaela. I hope that she wakes up her bloody idea soon.

Sorry for the rant...
KusajishiFukutaicho chapter 31 . 3/28/2015
Idk, but Mikaela is shaping up to be a real ass. :/ I'm getting really frustrated with her character, which is pretty true to her character, but...yeah. I'm the only one who thinks so I guess... :/
jaguar chapter 113 . 3/12/2015
Ahhhh! It's back! So excited. :D
Alotua chapter 113 . 3/7/2015
Oh yay, that's awesome news! I love AO3 because you can download stuff from there in ebook format so you can read it even without Internet! Maybe you could post An Adjustment of Plans on there too! Pretty please? I was just thinking about rereading that one earlier today actually :-)

I'm super happy to hear this stories getting revisited. It was always one of my favorites. I hope you'll leave the original one up on FFN though. It's nice to be able to go back and read the original, especially when there were SO MANY great moments in it! Thanks for not giving up on it! :-)
Rhyssia chapter 113 . 3/7/2015
Interesting; link for the 2.0? I was thinking of starting over on the reading; might be a good place to do it instead.
Lotte-Bubbles chapter 113 . 3/7/2015
I almost died when I saw the email for 113 of masks. I knew you hadn't abandoned it but I was just so excited and that I get to read it all again(again) because its all going to be revamped is an absolute joy and I'm looking forward to my commute now I've got excellent reading material. I somehow missed your move onto AO3 I'm going to have to look you up right away, also catch up with the new chapters of Best Laid Plans and Reconstruction I've got behind on. I'm not sure I've ever been so happy to see someone updating in my fanfiction reading days. I look forward to Masks V2.0
Chi-chan Lurks chapter 113 . 3/6/2015
FINALLY ON AO3! NEW CONTENT, UPDATEDNESS OF ALL KINDS

I CANT ENGLISH
icanhascamaro chapter 113 . 3/6/2015
Are you leaving the original version up? I love, love, looooove this story and I'm so glad you're working on it!

Poor Racage! I hope Fangface gets himself and Ravage to safety soon.

Missed this story!