Reviews for Snapshots of St Trinian's
SilverTurtle chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Aww, poor Chiyo losing the presents. You made it very clear how very different Western culture is from Japanese culture. The fact that Chiyo was so embarrassed and upset about losing the gifts of social obligation is a brilliant illustration of the differences. Westerners just would not understand why she would be so upset over something that clearly wasn't her fault.

I like Chiyo's continuing association of Dawn and Sakaki, I can see how she'd find them similar at first blush in appearance if not in personality. Bibi noticing that flustering Chiyo was also interesting, and makes me wonder if any of the others would pick up on it. Of course, it also makes me want Sakaki to come visit to make sure the place and people are up to keeping her little Chiyo-chan safe.

I love that you're giving Chiyo a whole new world to explore. The world of the Slayers and Watchers is just hte kind of challenge I think Chiyo would grasp with both hands. She'll certainly be learning a lot with them.

I like that you tell these in a series of short stories, but I'm always left hungry for more. There's SO MUCH you could do with this series. But anyway, I like what you're doing and hope you continue to expand on this fascinating crossover verse.
PaulBlay chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Hi, just to say that I like these "The Long Way Round" stories a lot. For some reason the 'short-story' approach appears to work quite well with them, but I would really like to see what a longer story might be like.

I am particularly impressed with the way you've done Chiyo and can tell that you've obviously done your research well.