Reviews for Snapshots in History
scarletfireblaze chapter 121 . 1/6/2014
Oops, sorry...I accidently posted my review on my brother's account (leo130). Anyways, he read a couple of these too, and he really likes them as well! .
LEO130 chapter 121 . 1/6/2014
I love all of these, they are so fun to read! I hope you update soon, they are fantastic :)
Stories with a term chapter 104 . 12/6/2012
Again I am really enjoying this, but there's another mistake in this chapter. It Temujin not Temuchin. Sorry I have been learning about this and I couldn't help myself.
Stories with a term chapter 63 . 12/5/2012
So I am loving this story and everything, but I just have a slight qualm with this chapter. As an actual Aussie, I distinctly remember in school, that the Netherlands actually went back to claim it, but the ship sunk in a storm. If this has already been pointed out or if I'm wrong, don't mind me!
Nameless reader chapter 24 . 7/18/2012
Hey, just wanted to comment on how much I like these :) Random and not so random knowledge in the form of Hetalia drabbles, perfect! And you're pretty good writer, so the drabbles are fun to read! Thank you, these are my summer savers. I'm reading couple of them per day :D
The Animanga Girl chapter 29 . 1/26/2012
This story is awesome! Love the drabbles :D
Cynical Gummy Bear chapter 58 . 7/7/2011
There is a general apathy, yes. I don't think any students in schools even know about the Rwanda massacre, and if they know they just don't care all that much. Western society knows what happens, and some people do play good little philanthropist and donate money, but in general most people here don't give a flying fuck what happens there. It is the same for a lot of nations. You can't sit every ignorant person down and shove horror after horror until their little sheltered minds break down (though we may enjoy watching them puke). It's generally quite a horrible situation.

I really feel you've captured that apathy quite well. Good job.

PS: Sorry about my rant. I'm aiming to become a diplomat. Human rights are a touchy issue.
Offler chapter 58 . 4/15/2011
I forgot earlier to make a quick note about your Africa chapter. There is a lot more to the problem of helping African nations than simply time and distance and lack of relation. It's a very very delicate balancing act to helping people in those countries without causing more problems. I agree something needs to be done, but the problem is what can be done that won't cause more issues than are already happening. Many times the people who go to those countries to try volunteer are often misguided and don't understand just how dangerous they are to the places over there. Look up Orphan tourism and you'll see just how disastrous trying to help can be.

On the political level it's also a balancing act because the places are very unstable. If you've been noticing the news lately, you can see the political instability and corruption. The truth is we can try to help all we like but in the end sometimes the best thing to do is just let them work it out themselves.

If you really want to help then the best suggestion I can give you is to research charities that help train the people instead of giving them things. They don't need things, they need to be taught so they can improve their lives.
Offler chapter 79 . 4/15/2011
In all fairness to Palestine, Israel has been treating it horribly for years. The only reason Palestine hates America is because America is helping Israel take Palestine's land and creating a horrible refugee situation. America's mainly disliked in the middle east because it almost religiously stands by Israel, even when Israel is the one causing the problems. And Israel isn't helping matters any because it's getting bit too big for its britches.

I'm glad Obama apologized for the US. Israel can go hating all it wants to, but there is no reason keep letting America get dragged into this conflict when it's not their battle to fight.
Molly chapter 30 . 4/14/2011
Hey, I really liked your stories, I just wanted correct a couple of things. I'm pretty sure Wales is a country in its own right. It's part of the UK, but it's still its own country. Also, as far as I know no chariot wheels were found in the red sea, or if they were they didn't belong to the chariots that were chasing Moses. Biblical archeologists pretty much agree that they crossed at the Reed Sea instead of the Red Sea.

That's all really. I like the stories a lot. It's cool to see a bunch of little snap shots. I like the shortness because it lets me read one quickly before I leave for class or when I have a minute or two to kill. It's nice.
noname chapter 121 . 1/31/2011
I love these little stories!

Please write more! Cx
She-Who-Is-Crazy chapter 24 . 7/1/2010
Actually (I hate to correct you, but), the Czechs were the ones who wanted to be an individual country, and the Slovaks wanted to stay one country.

Other than that, I love your drabblefics (is that what you call them? They're too long to be drabbles, but too short to be oneshots).
nameless person of marshes chapter 82 . 7/1/2010
Almost every character in your fanfics are oc, I don't really like that. And in this chapter, it is the only time that Poland has ever said 'totally'.
Zoomatron chapter 118 . 6/23/2010
And the plan put England into the war which kind ruined the war for Germany
Rhady chapter 118 . 6/20/2010
If I remember well, and I do, the Von Schlieffen-plan wasn't outdated but it was not adapted on an actual Belgian defense.