Reviews for A Change of Perspective
cyiusblack chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
update soon
bowlfullofcherries chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
very nicely done. thanks for the read.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
A wonderful homecoming-and a good look at Kirk finally grown up enough to see his mother as a person.
pdljmpr6 chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
A great introspective peice for Kirk, some of the descriptions were a little hard to follow, but for the most part I found it a very enjoyable read. Loved the bit about the quarry, and his simulatneous gratefulness and regret that his mother had finally 'found' what she was looking for in his eyes. Good stuff.

chocolatelover1 chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
Aww. That was nice.

Mother son bonding. Finally -_- lol

Great one shot! :D
Haiza Tyri chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
I feel like a broken record every time I read one of your stories, because I have to comment and say what a marvelous grasp you've got on what makes these characters tick. I really, really see the ST:09 characters whenever I read them. Your writing's magnificent.
mlgm chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
How slowly and beautifully you are having Jim grow up. Finding new relationships with his mother and brother as adults is wonderfully handled - I do hope one of the things Spock Prime tells Kirk is about the parasites that attack his brother's planet.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kirk and Spock, either Spock in your future stories.
Tinnuial chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
This was perfect. Poignant and bittersweet and just beautiful. You captured this moment so wonderfully. I really appreciated this glimpse of Winona, because everyone either seems to gloss her over or turn her into a caricature of the absent, negligent mother without ever really demonstrating that she too had a great many things to come to terms with.

Thanks for sharing!
JadeMac2442 chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
FANTASTIC. I love Jim backstory. That was beautiful.
Sedri chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
Lovely. :)
not jackie chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
this was breathtaking. i loved your imagery, and i admire the way your insights flow so naturally within the story. really great stuff :)
Orange Tabby chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
I really love this story. The dialog (both internal and between characters) flows very naturally, but above all, the story just provides some wonderful insight into Kirk. I especially loved that Kirk acknowledged how his past - even the darker parts - gave him the strengths that would serve him well as a captain. I am hoping that we see this kind of insight and recognition in the character if there are any more sequels to the movie. Well done!
redwingsgirl514 chapter 1 . 7/14/2009