Reviews for Settlement
blacktop chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
Oh,so lovely and sad. By giving a name to Mark, it as if Laine gave birth to him too. And acknowledging that he could experience loss too was such a tender moment. Great job!
Yamara34 chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
I originally saw this and the followup a while ago posted on Livejournal. It's good.
Reviewerique chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
What a wonderful story you write, I'm so surprised there's no review.

It's heartbreaking, heartwarming, somewhat humorous (I giggle at Laine's rolling her eyes because that's what I'd probably do when I have someone like Mark talking like that to me :p) and in the end gives you that angst. (P.S. I read your sequel too and will review that later, but yes, this is such a perfect prequel to Generations Untold).

Your character, Laine, is such a good character that most readers can relate to, especially mothers. She's just human, no special power, no special anything, but yet extraordinary in her humanity.

I like your Mark character too, it's refreshing to see a cylon adapting to his new life and cohabitating with humans, your interpretation of him is just dead-on of a poet/theologian who has to come face to face with finding out what he (his kind/his brother) believed for has been squashed and having to face the death of his child.

This is simply one of the best BSG reimagined fan fic I read (for the POST-finding Earth). Awesomeness. :D