Reviews for This Messy Life
Spuffy chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
That was really good and I think having only one chapter was perfect. This is one of those stories that are better with chapters that follow.
Good Job!
Spuffy
Leanne8582 chapter 1 . 8/15/2003
Great story. Very funny. And how dare Xander suggest Dawn needed to be slapped. If anyone deserves a smack upside the head, it's Xander for more reasons than I can count.
Chelsea chapter 1 . 8/2/2002
Whenever I'm short on fic updates, I always find myself returning to read 'This Messy Life.' :) It never stops entertaining me. Really funny, but the sad parts still hurt. Characterizations are spot on. I love your Dawn. The ending is great, even if I find myself wondering what happened after Dawn left.
midnights shadow chapter 1 . 5/18/2002
Oh, wicked Dawn. *snickers* Nothing like leaving a bomb in the room...
BlueLight chapter 1 . 5/7/2002
I love your imagry, your use of words. And the relationships were good too.

"A quick tight smile like a rubber band stretched out and then slack again. "

Wonderful.
memyselfi chapter 1 . 4/26/2002
two words: friggin' fantastic.

Funniest thing ever.
Nyte Brayker chapter 1 . 4/20/2002
even though I'm a Spike/Dawn shipper I was clutching my ribs thqat was soooo funny!Good work!
minigiles chapter 1 . 4/19/2002
Wow. That was awesome. The characterisations were ultimately realisitic. It was as if the scooby's were talking inside my head.

My only problem was with some of the stuff Dawn said. A lot of swearing I don't think she'd use. And some of the teenage slang was overused. Almost as if she was trying to act young. A little contrived. Maybe needed to be edited a tiny bit.

But bloody awesome!
Shadowfang chapter 1 . 4/9/2002
Ooooh! Burrrn! Go Dawn! *laughs delightedly* That rocked!
Eve McCarthy chapter 1 . 3/30/2002
I just read this for the umpteenth time, and (after realizing that I never reviewed) I have to say, "This Messy Life" will never lose the ability to crack me up and leave me grinning like an idiot for hours. Like someone else said, this was the only time I actually was rooting for Dawn. It made me really appreciate her and I really wish they wrote her like this on the show. Sometimes I wish that I could have seen further reactions of the Scoobies, but the ending was perfect.
lamia londiniensis chapter 1 . 3/21/2002
Brilliant. Totally brilliant, and I couldn't stop grinning ... even with the sad bits underneath. Ma'am, your dialogue is very, very fine indeed. More like this please!
Amniarix chapter 1 . 3/14/2002
ok way past my bed time here but what a killer story - 'death to the Oppressor' your Dawn is laugh out loud funny. If she was that way in the series she would be my favourite character.
Sibylla chapter 1 . 3/12/2002
LMAO! This is the first time I have absolutely LOVED Dawn heheh. Now only if Mutant Enemy could learn to utilize her teenage angst so well!
GreenGirl47 chapter 1 . 2/24/2002
Oh my God, this was GREAT! So perfectly in character and HILARIOUS. I was laughing out loud. Keep writing!
dnalalal chapter 1 . 2/8/2002
oh my god..I loved that ending! I wasn't expecting her to spill the beans like that! Great story!