Reviews for Magic: The Birthday Present
gingerhat chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
One of my all time favorite pieces of music - I don't care what people say about Manilow. The man did 'write the songs'.
Very well done and I'll be checking out your other items,
Melendine chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Good 1 shot. I liked how it was canon and sweet.
Corinne Tate chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Okay, I confess, I'm not a fan of sweet fluffy little Edward Bella stories. To be honest, the title alone puts me off, and makes me wonder if this is directed at preteens. But after reading your Edward story I'll trust you and give this a try.

I like that you mention the fading of human memories - even without becoming a vampire I'm experiencing that more than I like.

I like that she bought Charlie a piano and that Edward is teaching Ness to play. I like that Bella is learning as well - and singing too! (reviewing as I read, here)

Now I'm intrigued that Edward and Jasper think Edward's going to freak and toast a piano.

Oh my! The way she gets one up on Emmett is definitely not for the pre-teen set!

I love all the piano playing. I can just picture the family concert.

Whew! I would pick out my favorite lines, but that one paragraph stands out so stunning. To imagine them playing together and her singing, with him picking up the music and changing it and blending it until it's like lovemaking... beautiful images.

I just had to go and look up that song. I forgot it started out like that, but it's beautiful. I'm not sure why everyone thought he'd freak or toast a piano.

I think what I like about this idea is that the birthday presents take time and planning - they don't just go out and buy something. To me that's very sweet, even if she sounded awful.
tookeeluv chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
'"Debbie Does Dallas," I reminded him in the barest of whispers—and then I ran for it. Out of the house, into the woods and halfway to Hoquiam, Emmett hot on my heels. Good thing I'm still a newborn. He never caught me.'

Best part of the story! Here is where SM slacked and wonderful Fanfiction writers like yourself have picked up - having stories of the Cullen clan as a family than all the angst of The Twilight Saga. SM greatly missed out on a 5th book. :)

Thanks for sharing as I really liked it.
PinkDaisies4 chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Hahaha! I can totally picture Edward not liking 70's music! That just doesn't seem like his era!

I absolutely LOVE this part:

"He took the melody, augmenting it, changing it; it passed between us like fire leaping from tree to tree in a desiccated forest, growing brighter and fiercer, like desire, transmuting our lovemaking into music; the music the means of making love, the notes our kisses and caresses, chords holding and being held, the triumphant crescendo our climax."

It was so beautiful!
victorionious chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
That was sweet, I enjoyed it.